PDA

View Full Version : Blitz gas can yellow cao

abunaitoo
08-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Lots of people have the old style Blitz gas can.
The new "safety" cans are more of a danger than a open bucket of gas.
Most of us have lost the small yellow cap that goes with it.
Blitz has been forced out of business by lawyers who think stupid people should not be responsible for their stupid acts.
Can't get replacement parts from a company that is no longer around.
I got two cans off of Craigs list. One didn't have the cap.
Found some on fleebay for stupid prices.
Searching the web, I found.....Mr. Yellow Cap, www.mryellowcap.com.
The replacement cap has a tab to attach a cord to, so it won't get left behind.
I wanted it to fit under the screw cap like the original.
Emailed Mr. Yellow Cap, three times, and never got any answer.
Cap was cheap enough, so I ordered three of them.
When they came, I cut off the tab, filed it down to fit, and it works just like the original.

starmac
08-19-2014, 06:44 PM
Unless it has changed recently, you can still buy functioning gas cans in Canada, they even sell pour spouts for our disfunctional ones.

dragon813gt
08-19-2014, 06:52 PM
I bought EZ-Pour nozzles for all of my cans. No more of that safety can BS. The kit even comes w/ the old familiar flip open vents. Of course these nozzles are specifically banned from being sold in PA for some stupid reason. Gotta love buying items online :)

Ed Barrett
08-19-2014, 09:17 PM
I've been picking up all I can at farm sales for my son, who lives out east. I feel bad throwing away the cans, most are good.

jmort
08-19-2014, 09:23 PM
Another stupid idea born in california that infected the entire country. Use this
http://www.amazon.com/VP-Racing-Fuels-3512-Motorsport/dp/B003TTV972

pmer
08-19-2014, 10:34 PM
For the missing vent caps find a hunk of coaxial video cable (RG 59 U). The outside diameter fits snugly in the hole of the vent. Not quite as good as the cap but it will be back in business.

labradigger1
08-19-2014, 10:36 PM
Newer gas cans suck! I have about 20 of the older plastic jugs and 8 or so of the old steel cans. Wouldnt trade them for silver,.well, maybe silver

starnbar
08-19-2014, 10:38 PM
You can use rubber grommets for the vent hole too.

ZmanWakeForest
08-19-2014, 10:57 PM
Local Tractor Supply sells an old style nozzle and a vent all in a kit....simple to put the vent in the plastic jug. Works great. Usually have to talk to the folks at the store....they sell out of them super quick!

Funniest part of it.....the label on the bag of parts say....."not for use with gasoline".....yeah right! All it takes is a "warning" label to make it legal to sell!