PDA

View Full Version : 1858 Bison

Freightman
08-19-2014, 03:14 PM
Here are the pictures, rust on the out side looks as if someone spilt coke on it as the inside is clean and no rust or pitting.

crowbuster
08-19-2014, 05:11 PM
I'LL TAKE IT ! Oh, i'm sorry, im used to being beat out by blackbike or brassmagnet, just a reflex. haha I bet you will get it cleaned up just fine. Thats a hog leg !

fouronesix
08-19-2014, 09:58 PM
:) When you posted, "looks as if someone spilt Coke on it", I thought of something else. I think? it's common knowledge that some actually "age" repro C&B revolvers by soaking in Coke! Not to deceive so much but to look more period correct.

Yours doesn't look like that though. I'd just take steel wool with oil and use some elbow grease on the steel parts to clean it up. Leave the brass untouched to naturally age then go shoot it.

Yep, that does have a long barrel!

Freightman
08-20-2014, 11:50 AM
Had to soak it in Kroll as all the screws are not wanting to come loose so i figure a couple of days and they will.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-20-2014, 01:58 PM
Frank,

Another consideration beyond rubbing it down with steel wool is to rust blue it. That would be an appropriate and good looking finish for that revolver. I think you're going to enjoy the revolver. Does it have a place for a stock or no?

Freightman
08-20-2014, 05:50 PM
no place for a stock, that would have been a good deal for the $75 wouldn't it.[smilie=w:

Hatiwolf
08-21-2014, 10:30 PM
Have one in steel frame and love it! Sadly though the shooter is not accurate with it but occasionally a steel chicken will fall.