PDA

View Full Version : Cabelas and Pietta 1858 Remington New Army Engraved with spare cylinder backorder

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-18-2014, 12:37 PM
Thought I would share this information on this forum and see if anyone here is experiencing the same thing:

Cabelas ran a sale on this revolver:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Black-Powder/Pistols-Revolvers%7C/pc/104792580/c/104701680/sc/104503680/Pietta-1858-Army-Blued-Engraved-44-Cal-Revolver-with-Spare-Cylinder/1776985.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fpist ols-revolvers%2F_%2FN-1100201%2FNs-MIN_SALE_PRICE%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%25253BMMcat104792580% 253Bcat104701680%26WTz_stype%3DGNU&WTz_l=SBC%253BMMcat104792580%3Bcat104701680%3Bcat1 04503680

And I read this post, with that link on the 1858 Remington forum:

"Don't know if it's as a close out or not, but the 8" New Model Army with engravings has been cut to $229 for now."

I liked the price, was wanting one of those revolvers, so I went and placed on order, way back on 6/9/2014. Of course, they ran out and I got a backorder notice, as did many others on the 1858 Remington forum.

It's been going on three months now and still no revolvers, but many folks, including myself, have gotten "If you don't call us and confirm you still want it, we're cancelling your order." emails. I've gotten a total of 5 so far.

If you click on the link above, you'll notice they show "limited stock" even though they haven't filled their back orders.

So I'm posting here to find out what everyone thinks and who else on other forums is receiving the same kind of treatment from Cabelas. For me, this is only my second order with Cabelas and to be frank, after this experience, I doubt seriously there will be a third. But I'm not going to cancel my order and I'm not concerned with their internal problems. They are big enough they should not allow it to affect me, the customer, but they are.

What does everyone think?

dondiego
08-18-2014, 01:10 PM
Cabela's was bought out by a huge company so they are no longer run by any Cabela's that I am aware of so it is business as usual. They changed their return policy so they are not a good deal any more.

mazo kid
08-18-2014, 01:49 PM
I placed my order for one of those revolvers two days after Dave did, and am experiencing the same stall tactics. Word-of-mouth advertising is great if it is positive, not so good if negative, as in this instance.

drinks
08-18-2014, 02:15 PM
I must have been one of the early ones, i received mine in less than 5 days after ordering.
However, I still have not found any #10 caps and #11 even squished a bit, do not stay on that well.

OBIII
08-18-2014, 02:26 PM
Perhaps the fact that they are selling it in the current flier August 14-20, page 6, item # 03807541, for $349.00 with a spare cylinder might have something to do with the slow response.

OB

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-18-2014, 02:33 PM
Perhaps the fact that they are selling it in the current flier August 14-20, page 6, item # 03807541, for $349.00 with a spare cylinder might have something to do with the slow response.

OB

While they might be selling it at that price now, doesn't mean they didn't run a sale and that they don't owe their previous customers who bought at the sale price to fulfull those backorders. Without looking at the item you mention, I know Cabelas is running a sale on a brass framed version, not the same gun and not as good a revolver, as it has a brass frame.

dondiego
08-18-2014, 03:02 PM
I bet the cost to them has increased and they hope you guys will back off............don't do it.

Fly
08-18-2014, 04:19 PM
It's a pretty gun, anyway!
Fly

texaswoodworker
08-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Call them and let them know your next call with be to the Better Business Bureau if they don't honor their sale. If they are currently selling the same gun for more, then there is absolutely no excuse for why you haven't gotten yours.

OuchHot!
08-18-2014, 04:39 PM
Just before the theater and school shootings, I ordered 5.56 ammo. It was 400rds in an ammo box for $99.99 (if I recall correctly) and I ordered X4. I got the confirmation of order and notification of shipment. The delivery was scheduled to occur on a day when I visited my place in another state. I dropped by a cabelas store there and the same ammo was up for sale on the floor. When I got home I found a box on the doorstep with four EMPTY ammo boxes. They had shipped the boxes but no ammo. I suspect that was to mollify me for charging my card over $400. Then the two shootings went down. After three months of back order they tried to cancel my order. I made it real clear that they had stock when they shipped but diverted stock to a store to increase monthly cash flow and stalled me with the empty ammo boxes. They offered me 300rds of hsm reloads. I suggested a location for insertion. I eventually got my money back. This is not Cabelas anymore.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-18-2014, 10:17 PM
It's obvious we may have to torture them to get them to honor their sale price. If that's the case, so be it. It's going to happen. I don't mind posting this information on every single forum I'm on and I'm on several big ones and I urge others to share this information as well. In the current economic climate and the current availability of forums and such for firearms owners to share information, no reason we should tolerate such behavior or have to.

Theditchman
08-19-2014, 06:20 AM
I have just ordered one without the spare cylinder about 2 weeks ago as they are on sale online...I hope I didn't get screwed as well...just my luck

Geraldo
08-19-2014, 06:40 AM
I had jacketed rifle bullets on backorder for months and while I got emails, they said to call if I wanted to cancel, not keep the order. If they've changed the policy, keep calling them until you get the revolver.

Even in the past, Cabelas C&B prices fluctuated like the stock market, and some less popular models would disappear and reappear. I easily bought a half dozen from them over a few years and probably saved an average of $50 each off the price they regularly sold at (which is not the "regular price" shown).

Theditchman
08-19-2014, 09:59 AM
One of the old retail tricks was to offer something at a really good price hoping you would buy other things with that order then send you the other things and tell you the main thing was on back order hoping you would cancel it but keep the rest...I am suprised they are still doing these things

OuchHot!
08-19-2014, 03:41 PM
Shortly after I got married (long, long ago!) my new wife came home to see me casting boolits on the stove. Shortly thereafter, I was gifted a RCBS Pro-melt, just after the buy out from Ohio Thermal. My wife, checking it out before I knew what was up, plugged it in and it blew circuit breakers. When I unwrapped my present she told me that Cabelas outfit must be a one person store. I asked why she thought that. It turned out she had a long conversation with Mary Cabela about the return and how she needed to get some guns of her own. The treatment I got recently makes it clear, this isn't the Cabelas of old.

swathdiver
08-20-2014, 03:26 PM
They sent me an email about mine asking if I wanted to cancel because it was still backordered and would be for some time. I clicked or wrote no and it shipped the next day.

Theditchman
08-20-2014, 03:57 PM
Yaaaaaaaaayyyyy...I got mine today

Surculus
08-20-2014, 05:15 PM
It's been going on three months now and still no revolvers, but many folks, including myself, have gotten "If you don't call us and confirm you still want it, we're cancelling your order." emails. I've gotten a total of 5 so far.

Well, at least one of those is because they have postal regulations to follow that if they cannot ship within a certain time frame, they have to give you the right to rescind. Of course that often works into their favor, as in this case. As for the other four, I'm thinking computer glitch? Best of luck, anyhow.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-20-2014, 07:18 PM
Without calling me, without any notice whatsoever, cabelas tried to cancel my order. Found it on their website, then called. Got some customer service lady who "reinstated" my order, told me it was "in stock and would be shipping." When I checked, the order was reinstated, but with a much higher price, the gal had lied and told me it was the original sale price. Called back, raised cane again, the next lady reduced the price, got the numbers straightened out, but now there's no guarantee it will ship today.

What a lousy **** ended outfit. I'll never buy another thing from them, they're a dishonest company.

If your order is not listed below, search by Order Number, Last Name, and ZIP Code. Call customer service at 1-800-237-4444 if you have any questions.
Order Number Order Date Order Total Order Status Actions
610993012 08/20/2014 $246.09 In Process View Order

223803699 06/09/2014 Cancelled View Order

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-20-2014, 08:43 PM
I posted this on the Cabelas Facebook page and my wife tweeted something similar. I suggest everyone either respond to my post, like it and insist Cabelas honor their original back order with me:

This is what I posted:

"This is not for the Cabelas store in Georgia alone, but the entire company. I placed an order for a product, order #223803699 dated 06/09/2014, for a product on sale, with free shipping included. At the time I placed the order, the item was shown "in stock." But was quickly backordered. It's been on back order with many promises of another shipment coming in. They sent me several emails telling me I must call within 10 days or the order would be cancelled. The most recent promised delivery date was 8/30/2014. Today, just a few days away from that delivery date, without contacting me in any way, cancelled my order. I called in and got the order reinstated and was told the item was "in stock" and would be shipped out immediately. When I checked the order, I found they had not given me my original sale price (can you say bait and switch tactics?) I called back on the new order #610993012 and got my original sales price reinstated, but now the order date is 08/20/2014. So they're making all the effort they can not to honor the original order and the original sale price, hoping I'll just go away. Got news for you Cabelas, I'm not going away. Instead, I'm going to start tweeting and sharing this information on every internet forum I interact on. I'm tired of your lame excuses, your blaming IT glitches, slow deliveries, shorted stock, etc. You have these in stock, your website shows it. Quit being dishonorable bums, HONOR YOUR SALE PRICE AND SHIP MY ORDER!"

This is their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Cabelas/timeline

I'm generally not the activist type, but this idea a company can treat an individual like that has got to stop. It's time to go fully public and let them enjoy the fruits of their behavior in bad customer relations.

texaswoodworker
08-20-2014, 09:31 PM
I posted this on the Cabelas Facebook page and my wife tweeted something similar. I suggest everyone either respond to my post, like it and insist Cabelas honor their original back order with me:

This is what I posted:

"This is not for the Cabelas store in Georgia alone, but the entire company. I placed an order for a product, order #223803699 dated 06/09/2014, for a product on sale, with free shipping included. At the time I placed the order, the item was shown "in stock." But was quickly backordered. It's been on back order with many promises of another shipment coming in. They sent me several emails telling me I must call within 10 days or the order would be cancelled. The most recent promised delivery date was 8/30/2014. Today, just a few days away from that delivery date, without contacting me in any way, cancelled my order. I called in and got the order reinstated and was told the item was "in stock" and would be shipped out immediately. When I checked the order, I found they had not given me my original sale price (can you say bait and switch tactics?) I called back on the new order #610993012 and got my original sales price reinstated, but now the order date is 08/20/2014. So they're making all the effort they can not to honor the original order and the original sale price, hoping I'll just go away. Got news for you Cabelas, I'm not going away. Instead, I'm going to start tweeting and sharing this information on every internet forum I interact on. I'm tired of your lame excuses, your blaming IT glitches, slow deliveries, shorted stock, etc. You have these in stock, your website shows it. Quit being dishonorable bums, HONOR YOUR SALE PRICE AND SHIP MY ORDER!"

This is their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Cabelas/timeline

I'm generally not the activist type, but this idea a company can treat an individual like that has got to stop. It's time to go fully public and let them enjoy the fruits of their behavior in bad customer relations.

I posted this on another forum. I'll give them an ear full, and I'm sure my friends at the other forum will too. :)

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-20-2014, 10:08 PM
Thank you Texas Woodworker

texaswoodworker
08-20-2014, 10:16 PM
Thank you Texas Woodworker

No problem at all. It sickens me that some places will do this. We shooters spend way too much money on our hobby to have to put up with that sort of treatment. I still will not spend a penny at places like Cheaper than Dirt because of their price gouging during the panic.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-21-2014, 08:29 AM
My wife spewed the hate and discontent on cabelas tweeter thing. Here's a link to her tweeter account, for those who want to see cabelas posts. I'm on there also as David Dixson @ daveinga1959.

https://twitter.com/Planter7b

I urge others who have these backorders to begin tweeting to cabelas and to post links to any forums they have discussion of cabelas customer service or lack thereof. Cabelas tweeter account has a huge quantity of their customers, so it will get their attention pretty quick, as it can cause a customer relations disaster for them in short order if enough unhappy customers show up.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-21-2014, 08:43 AM
Here is cabelas first response trying to head off a customer relations disaster, pretty poor if you ask me, more of the same apologetic bs and excuses, fails to mention the fact they show "limited stock" on this item:

[Incident: 140821-000147]‏

Actions https://snt153.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gif (https://snt153.mail.live.com/ol/#)

Cabela's Customer Service (cabelas@mailnj.custhelp.com)
Add to contacts (https://snt153.mail.live.com/ol/#)
8:07 AM
https://snt153.mail.live.com/ol/clear.gif (https://snt153.mail.live.com/ol/#)

To: maxsteel3@hotmail.com

(https://snt153.mail.live.com/ol/#)

https://a.gfx.ms/ic/bluemanmxl.png

(https://snt153.mail.live.com/ol/#)

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, please reply to this e-mail and we will be happy to assist further.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject

Recent Order

Discussion Thread

Response Via Email (Heidi O.)
08/21/2014 07:07 AM

Hello Mr. Dixon,

Thank you for your patronage and reaching out to us on social media. I am sorry the original backorder, 223-803-699 was cancelled. That should only have been cancelled had we not received word that you wished to keep that item on order within the 10 business days. While I did not find an e-mail response requesting that be kept, that response may have been via phone.

When an backorder is cancelled, especially in error, that should always be reordered with the same sale price and promotions included on the original order. I am sorry the person keying the order did not know that and that it took another call to fix. Order 610996012 is for the same .44 CAL. REV W/SPARE CYLINDER: 1858 ARMY BL ENG .44 at the original $229.99 sale price and the shipping charge was removed. The order total is $246.09.

Regrettably, this item has not been received back in stock yet. I am sorry the incorrect information was given to you earlier. This replacement order is on backorder. The tentative arrival date for this item to our warehouse is 8/30/2014.

I'm truly sorry to hear about the continuation of our tentative arrival date for the backorder merchandise described. We make every possible attempt to have all items in stock. However, as encountered with this particular item, it's not always possible. This is a situation not taken lightly by Cabela's as we are committed to providing our customers with top-quality merchandise backed with our famous Legendary Guarantee.

I assure you that every possible measure will be taken to fill and ship your backorder as quickly as possible. Our purchasing department is in contact with our suppliers for backordered items on a weekly basis, updating their arrival accordingly. As we are unable to guarantee a backorder, I must stress the arrival date mentioned as tentative.

I certainly understand and I apologize for any frustration this situation has caused you. I sincerely hope this order is able to be filled soon.

Sincerely,
Heidi O.
1-800-237-4444
We are here for you 24/7!
Join Today to get $25 in CLUB Points (https://www.cabelas.com/custserv/instant_credit.jsp?Wt.tsrc=CRE&WT.mc_id=cre_ClubVisaApp)

Question Reference #140821-000147

Date Created:

Last Updated:

Responded

Order Number:

Question Type:

Here's a link to the item on their website at full price:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Pietta-1858-Army-Blued-Engraved-44-Cal-Revolver-with-Spare-Cylinder/1776985.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3D searchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProduc ts%26Ntt%3Dpietta%2B1858%2Bengraved%26x%3D27%26y%3 D11%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=pietta+1858+engraved&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-21-2014, 08:56 AM
Here's my response to the email I posted above:

Dear cabelas customer no-service:

That dog you just threw at me doesn't hunt any more. Here's a link to your own website, showing "limited stock." I was told on the phone you had the item "in stock to be shipped immediately," but not this would be at full price, rather than at my sale price. Just so you can't operate your own website, here's a link to help your sorry selves: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Pietta-1858-Army-Blued-Engraved-44-Cal-Revolver-with-Spare-Cylinder/1776985.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3D searchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProduc ts%26Ntt%3Dpietta%2B1858%2Bengraved%26x%3D27%26y%3 D11%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=pietta+1858+engraved&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

I told your people I was not the kind of man to take this lying down. I'm posting your total lack of customer service and your responses/communications/phone conversations on multiple websites. Your customers are neither dumb, nor are they fooled by these bs excuses such as IT, stock coming/going, etc. Here's just a couple links to a couple forums. You might want to know the number of reads of these threads:

280 Replies and 6755 Views for this one:
http://1858remington.com/discuss/index.php/topic,7790.0.html

This one only has 24 replies and 546 views, but it's only three days old and this website has lots and lots of members and they'll repost to other forums they visit:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?250999-Cabelas-and-Pietta-1858-Remington-New-Army-Engraved-with-spare-cylinder-backorder

So you do just what you please, but be aware, this negative public relations publicity is just beginning. My suggestion is you fill as many backorders as you can with revolvers you have in stock, because the negative publicity is only going to get worse. Tweeting and your facebook accounts are NOT our only avenue of expressing our discontent. If I don't hear something to the effect of "shipped" in an email fairly soon, I'll be posting to every single forum I read. Just off the top of my head, that's about 30. But I also plan on posting to forums I don't normally post on, such as the cowboy action shooters and black powder forums, where a lot of your black powder firearms, components and accessories are sold to.

Have a great day and enjoy your public relations disaster. :)
Best Regards,

Dave Dixson

Μολὼν λάβε

Geraldo
08-21-2014, 09:18 AM
I'm curious as to what would make you happy at this point. Do you want the pistol? Do you want Cabelas out of business? What are you trying to accomplish?

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-21-2014, 11:20 AM
I would think it were obvious. I want them to honor their sale price and ship the product. Doesn't hurt if they learn their method of treating a customer the way the have those who ordered the product in good faith is not the way to do business if one is an ethical company. They have the product in stock, shows on their website.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-21-2014, 12:29 PM
So here's cabelas response to my email. They flat out lie, insult my intelligence and point out things I already know. What a quality company:

Hello Mr. Dixon,

Thank your for your patronage and response. This item was researched further. Due to unrealistic expectations on the restocking of this item, there was a mass cancellation of this product.

Your order was re-entered and is currently on backorder. The original price and promotion are being honored. The online listing is not correct and we are working to update that. It is possible this item could be filled or cancelled again and the 8/30 date is approximate. There is no guarantee on the time frame for restocking this item. It is an import from Italy.

I understand the frustration and as an exception, a $25.00 gift certificate is being for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused. Cabela's does appreciate your patronage and will do our best to get this item to you when available.

Sincerely,
Heidi O.
1-800-237-4444
We are here for you 24/7!
Join Today to get $25 in CLUB Points (https://www.cabelas.com/custserv/instant_credit.jsp?Wt.tsrc=CRE&WT.mc_id=cre_ClubVisaApp)

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-21-2014, 12:38 PM
My response to their email:

Seriously? Do you honestly expect me to believe that bold faced lie and be bought off by a 25 dollar gift certificate? Again, you've insulted my intelligence and the intelligence of others and made excuses about your internal problems. A very simple, very old rule of business is it is neither the customer's fault nor his concern about your internal business problems. So it's your problem, regardless of what it is. Don't lie about it more and dig your reputation hole deeper.

BTW, every single word you put in this email is going up on the internet. I've saved all the emails I've ever gotten from you and can post a history of what an unethical company you are.

Again, I suggest this simple solution to you: Use the "limited stock" you have and make an attempt to fill some of your back orders. At this point, you have accomplished having ZERO CREDIBILITY with most of the customers who ordered this product and were back ordered. We DEMAND our back orders be satsfied and in a prompt fashion.

Failing to do so will result in an increasing and constant expression of our dissatisfaction on the internet, where your customers do their business.

Best Regards,

Geraldo
08-21-2014, 05:09 PM
I would think it were obvious. I want them to honor their sale price and ship the product. Doesn't hurt if they learn their method of treating a customer the way the have those who ordered the product in good faith is not the way to do business if one is an ethical company. They have the product in stock, shows on their website.

It's not obvious at all because they have said they will honor the price and ship as soon as possible. On top of that they're going to give you $25 in credit. How is that unethical?

texaswoodworker
08-21-2014, 07:21 PM
It's not obvious at all because they have said they will honor the price and ship as soon as possible. On top of that they're going to give you $25 in credit. How is that unethical?

I'd have to agree. Its not right that they made you wait like this, but they are starting to head in the right direction. Give them one more chance. If they still don't do what they say they will, then you are right to give them hell.

BrassMagnet
08-21-2014, 08:17 PM
I'd have to agree. Its not right that they made you wait like this, but they are starting to head in the right direction. Give them one more chance. If they still don't do what they say they will, then you are right to give them hell.

Sometimes it does take a little while to lead a pig to food. Give it a little while and see how it turns out.
Sometimes adds are printed up far in advance and the internet adds go up on schedule without anyone making sure the product is actually available in usable quantities.

Hatiwolf
08-21-2014, 10:21 PM
I have to agree they are trying to move in the right direction ... I would imagine there is not enough in stock to cover the amount of sales that happened from the slipup so they are hoping some fall off and also waiting to end the sale date so as to have some in stock for people that bought at the correct store price. I wish ATT uverse were at least that decent with their customer surcharge department of monthly double charges. Normally bp is not a huge seller and not stocked in gargantuan numbers.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-21-2014, 10:54 PM
What you folks are missing is the 5 emails where they told me to call or they'd cancel it, then after the five calls, they did cancel, not only my order, but every single order, without warning or recourse, then stuck those who called back with a new, much later order date, hoping to get us frustrated enough to give up the product.

And the gift certificate was offered AFTER I and others who got the cancellation posted on their facebook page and on Twitter. They're not doing the right thing at all. There's more too it I haven't described, but it'd take a week to type it all up. The Remington 1858 forum has the rest of the story, as it were. Here's a link: http://1858remington.com/discuss/index.php/topic,7790.0.html

You're not doing the right thing by not being honest with your customer, lying to them about your IT department, etc and not being honest, then trying to bribe them to accept the mess. They didn't open the new order up UNTIL I called and raised cane, not until. And at that, I'm no longer properly dated in their system, allowing them to delay some more, rather than pony up and be honest.

If one of the membership here did that on the swap & sell forum, he'd be listed as a deadbeat.

Geraldo
08-22-2014, 07:48 AM
What you're missing, Dave, is that there's two sides to everything. You believe that they have the item in stock because of the "limited stock" on the site, but that doesn't mean they really have one to send you. In my experience with big retail companies, we were told that at less than 10 of an item showing in stock, don't count on there being any. We're talking about a company with hundreds of thousands of SKUs and millions of items. When I see "only 4 left" on a website, I expect to get backordered and am happy if I don't.

I've been boned out of money/product by smaller companies and I'll tell you right now you can't win. BBB? Waste of time. CC company? Waste of time. Court? Forget about it. Create an internet fuss? You'll be lucky if two people remember for more than a few days, and because there are so many positive reviews, your negative will be meaningless.

You're going to get what you want plus a bone for your trouble. Relax now knowing that you won't give a damn about all this when you're blasting away with your new revolver. It's not worth having chest pain over it.

SSGOldfart
08-22-2014, 10:57 AM
Same gun was offered to me from a flea-bay seller I bought some wads from a while back he could only offer four @that price,same engraving and all I almost jumped on it
So somebody is getting them

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-22-2014, 11:21 AM
Geraldo, in the quote in red:

What you're missing, Dave, is that there's two sides to everything. Of course there are, but their side's problems should not affect how they treat their customers and it did. If you go and read the link, you'll find out the full extent.
You believe that they have the item in stock because of the "limited stock" on the site, but that doesn't mean they really have one to send you. This is an incorrect assumption on your part. I believe they have stock because, when I called to have my cancelled backorder reinstated, the CUSTOMER SERVICE lady who reinstated my order TOLD ME they did and had it for immediate shipment, but she didn't bother telling me it was at the FULL RETAIL PRICE ONLY. I found that out when I went back to check to make sure the order was reinstated. Then I discovered it was the full retail price. I called again to get the price corrected back to my original order's price. Then all of a sudden, it was no longer available. All of this was in a two minute time span. That isn't by accident, my friend. And please do not insult my intelligence and tell me it was. It was by management's policies that was done. Had nothing at all to do with stock available.

In my experience with big retail companies, we were told that at less than 10 of an item showing in stock, don't count on there being any. We're talking about a company with hundreds of thousands of SKUs and millions of items. When I see "only 4 left" on a website, I expect to get backordered and am happy if I don't. cabelas doesn't list the specific number in stock. only available, limited availability or out of stock. In this case, when I pointed out to them they listed it in stock, both by email and by phone, the stock could have been checked and the internet listing corrected, but it wasn't and if there was no stock, an honest company would have corrected it to prevent further backorders. cabelas has not corrected it's stock listing. I doubt that can be explained away other than dishonesty.

I've been boned out of money/product by smaller companies and I'll tell you right now you can't win. BBB? Waste of time. CC company? Waste of time. Court? Forget about it. Create an internet fuss? You'll be lucky if two people remember for more than a few days, and because there are so many positive reviews, your negative will be meaningless. I don't both with reviews. I post on their Facebook, because they can't erase that and tweet. Believe me, it got their attention. At least enough to create a "issue" ticket and email me about it. Not that they were decent enough to resolve it.

You're going to get what you want plus a bone for your trouble. Relax now knowing that you won't give a damn about all this when you're blasting away with your new revolver. It's not worth having chest pain over it. I don't want a bone, I want the bums to realize it is the internet information age and you can inform people and make the company feel some pain. I do want and intend to have the revolver when they finally ship, but until then, every single day, I will make them aware I'm dissatisfied. Each day, I will post to another forum and email them the link. And tweet, etc. As for causing me a heart pain, it doesn't bother me at all. I'm the kind of man that rarely gets upset about much, but in this case, they've offended my sense of right and wrong. And I simply won't tolerate it. I have the means and the energy to make them very aware, on a daily basis, that they've done wrong and I intend to do so. Not only for my own sake, but for the sake of every man who's backorder was cancelled without a note of explaination. You might be the type to lay down when someone craps on them, I am not.

Geraldo
08-22-2014, 02:44 PM
I have the means and the energy to make them very aware, on a daily basis, that they've done wrong and I intend to do so.

Sure you do. Here's an old joke on the topic:

A man is riding on the old Erie Railroad when he spots a bug crawling in his Pullman bed. The man, irate, writes a letter complaining to the railroad.

He receives a letter from the president of the railroad apologizing and stating that this has never happened in the history of the railroad. The president says he will get to the bottom of this and heads will roll.

Then the guy notices that clipped to the letter is a note that the railroad's president had intended only to be seen by his secretary. It read, "Send this guy the bug letter."

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-22-2014, 02:57 PM
Sure you do. Here's an old joke on the topic:

A man is riding on the old Erie Railroad when he spots a bug crawling in his Pullman bed. The man, irate, writes a letter complaining to the railroad.

He receives a letter from the president of the railroad apologizing and stating that this has never happened in the history of the railroad. The president says he will get to the bottom of this and heads will roll.

Then the guy notices that clipped to the letter is a note that the railroad's president had intended only to be seen by his secretary. It read, "Send this guy the bug letter."

You remind me of the type of guy who sits on his can in his living room and lets life happen to him instead of living it. Still living in the days of the railroad when information was hard to share.

OuchHot!
08-22-2014, 03:22 PM
My experience demonstrated to me that the corporate policy at the New Cabelas was to lie like a rug and try to bully the customer into an unfortunate end. Dave simply ramped it up to the pain level so he is getting the "bug Letter' where they say (after repeatedly lying) that they will finally give him what he is owed. In my case I actually sent the @#!!$ proof that they had stock that they claimed to be out of when they sidelined my order. Dave did finally get to the 'bug letter'. I hope there is some product coming his way, but wouldn't bet on it. He gave them many chances to do the right thing.

Geraldo
08-22-2014, 05:57 PM
You remind me of the type of guy who sits on his can in his living room and lets life happen to him instead of living it. Still living in the days of the railroad when information was hard to share.

I'm not that old, and you haven't even gotten on Thomas Millner's radar yet. I'm with you on making them honor the deal, which it appears you've done. I just think the "Cabelas Fall" on twitter is a waste of your time, but hey, it's your rant, so have a blast.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-22-2014, 06:57 PM
I'm not that old, and you haven't even gotten on Thomas Millner's radar yet. I'm with you on making them honor the deal, which it appears you've done. I just think the "Cabelas Fall" on twitter is a waste of your time, but hey, it's your rant, so have a blast.

Actually, the Twitter stuff and posting on their Facebook has been the most effective. I've only ever posted to cabelas (ever) and no one else. I posted to them yesterday. This morning, I have the CEO of a company following my postings.In addition, both my wife and I have people following our tweets and it's not because of anything else. I've never tweeted and my wife normally only tweets about her business, plants and these are not plant people according to her. If that isn't enough, cabelas customer service has responded to those tweets multiple times, emailed me and called me since then seeking to resolve the problem. In addition, both my wife and I

If you think social media is a chick thing and that companies aren't paying attention, you're wrong. Cabelas has 204 thousand followers on Twitter and you start throwing out negative information to that many of their customers, it gets their attention and fast. It took them from the evening my wife posted until the next morning and they were responding. For my posts, I've received multiple emails and a phone call since then. They also responded within 4 hours to posts on their Facebook page, both to me and another gentleman, attempting to pacify both of us.

So you can think it's a waste of time if you want, but sharing negative information with any business's 204 thousand customers will get their attention and fast.

As far as their CEO, he has to answer to a board. I'll be sending them a packet of how they handled my stuff to their board and how it could have been handled with a profit to the company.

But it's a train era world you're living in, so believe what you want to. The guy working for the train couldn't rain stink down on that many customers.

And by chance you wouldn't work for cabelas would you?

Geraldo
08-23-2014, 06:43 AM
No, I don't work for Cabelas. Yes, I'm on Twitter and Facebook, and I've been talking to you on an online forum so I'm not the Luddite you presume me to be. I'll refrain from posting my suppositions about you. Be sure an post some pics when you get your new revolver.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-23-2014, 12:03 PM
No, I don't work for Cabelas. Yes, I'm on Twitter and Facebook, and I've been talking to you on an online forum so I'm not the Luddite you presume me to be. I'll refrain from posting my suppositions about you. Be sure an post some pics when you get your new revolver.

I'll post next Friday, got my tracking number this morning. All because of those little bitty ineffective Twitter posts. My "bug email" has arrived.

OuchHot!
08-23-2014, 01:39 PM
I'm glad to hear that! I don't do twitter and so on so it probably is the reason that I got the shaft. I wasted lots of time with e-mail and snail mail. I guess social media is a requirement nowadays. I do not like the data mining that it does on your system.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-23-2014, 02:20 PM
I'm glad to hear that! I don't do twitter and so on so it probably is the reason that I got the shaft. I wasted lots of time with e-mail and snail mail. I guess social media is a requirement nowadays. I do not like the data mining that it does on your system.

OuchHot, twitter is pretty easy to use, took me all of five minutes to sign up and use it. It also doesn't do data mining that I know of. It's the other social medias, such as facebook, that do more and google as a search engine especially. Which is why I use duckduckgo.com as my search engine.

I urge you to sign up for twitter and tweet to @cabelas with your canceled order number and the original date. You'll have to do several tweets to get all the information across, as individual tweets only allow a set number of characters (typed letters/spaces) to be sent per tweet. But even at that, it only took me a total of ten minutes to get them to cave and send me product.

With over 500 thousand customers, when you start tweeting, it gets their attention quickly. No reason to stand silently and take what a bad management decision handed you. If enough people do this, cabelas will get the message and change those type policiues/behavior. After all, when it comes to that many customers, no company can stand anyone raising cane in front them.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-23-2014, 02:28 PM
For anyone that isn't comfortable using twitter or doesn't/can't use it. If you'll pm me, I'll be glad to call you and talk you through it on the phone. If you're not comfortable with doing that, pm me your name, you order number and your original order date that was cancelled and I'll be glad to tweet the information for you.

TXGunNut
08-23-2014, 03:32 PM
I'm glad your 1858 is finally on the way, I recently bought a Pietta 1860 Colt replica during a recent promotion and I enjoy it very much. I'm sorry the folks at Cabelas haven't met your expectations, I've been a loyal customer of theirs since they opened a store nearby and have been very pleased with my experiences with them both in their store and online.

Fly
08-23-2014, 03:58 PM
The net can be very effective.I remember years back when I bought my new bass boat.I order it with
a onboard battery charger for my batterys.I had problems with it about a month after.Now I did
buy the lower amp model & that was indeed part of my problem.

But there was a bass boat form I visited offen, & people were bashing this brand of charger.I
E-mailed the factory about my problem & told them all the problems, & had heard complants on
the site about there chargers.

I received a e-mail that the charger I had was to small for the batterys I had, & they were sending
me the larger charger at no charge & to keep the one I had at there cost.The lady from that company
even posted on the form & exsplained why some were having problems & most were buying the cheaper
models that were not meant to be used as I used it.

Great company after all & complaints do not always fall on deaf ears.

JMOHOP Fly

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-23-2014, 04:37 PM
I'm glad your 1858 is finally on the way, I recently bought a Pietta 1860 Colt replica during a recent promotion and I enjoy it very much. I'm sorry the folks at Cabelas haven't met your expectations, I've been a loyal customer of theirs since they opened a store nearby and have been very pleased with my experiences with them both in their store and online.

And frankly, when I ordered the revolver in the first place, that was my expectation, based on all the positive I'd heard about cabelas on various forums. This latest behavior is evidentally something new, as though someone in mangement has changed and with that change, a change in policies. I'd heard of backorders on pistols lasting six months or more. That would have been fine, as I would have been patient and not complained, just waited and talked about it.

But the call or cancel emails and such other unethical behaviors went over the top for me and were a very disappointing early experience. I hope after this they make things right for all the other men whose backorders they cancelled.

My hope is this incident will cause cabelas to return to their previous policies, but that's yet to be determined. We'll see.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
08-25-2014, 06:49 AM
I've gotten pm's from others who placed orders back in June around the same time I did. They too are getting calls from their postings on cabelas Facebook. They're being offered the same "display model" I was offered. Which is what you would see and buy in the store if you went to the store. Apparently someone in management did hear my little tweets and it affected their business decisions. Apparently more bug letters going around now.