PDA

View Full Version : 5000 USD, Received: 5665 USD (114%) ... Need a Favor

John Boy
08-17-2014, 07:59 PM
... Create Child Boards, Named Stickes, for each Category and collapse all the Stickies into each Child Board. Many of the Categories have one full page of Stickies before one can come to a new post
Thanks Kindly

dragon813gt
08-17-2014, 08:02 PM
Good luck. A few of us have been asking for the stickies to be properly archived for a few years now. I wish you luck in your endeavor because you are going to hear a lot of "it's been fine the way it is forever and there is no need to change it because I hate change."

08-17-2014, 08:41 PM
Not long ago, this was discussed and I agreed then, as I do now, that something needs to be done.

dtknowles
08-17-2014, 09:17 PM
I guess we all surf the forum differently. I go directly to new posts not to any particular subforum. I only see the stickys if I go looking for them or they get a new post. I don't think I would mind what you have proposed but I don't see it as important either. Right now it says I have like 100 or so unread posts, that is less than 4 pages of titles to scan to see if there is something new and interesting. There is a button that lets me go to the first unread post in each thread. To each his own, you can have the change you want and it will not help or hinder me.

Tim

Blammer
08-17-2014, 10:10 PM
I too would suggest taking all the stickies and putting them in one topic.

Many of the stickies are no longer valid and just need to but "unstuck"

08-17-2014, 10:15 PM
Many of the stickies are no longer valid and just need to but "unstuck"

That, too.

hickfu
08-17-2014, 10:30 PM
Yeah, one folder at the top that says "Stickies" would be nice.

Cowboy_Dan
08-18-2014, 12:19 AM
Yeah, one folder at the top that says "Stickies" would be nice.

There is one of those. "Clasics and Stickies". I am all in favor of the main idea.

AlaskanGuy
08-18-2014, 12:34 AM
I use e same method as DTknowles, but I would love to be able to get all the stickys in the same place... And catalogued... If we are working on a wish list......

Fluxed
08-18-2014, 09:21 AM
Yes, please do this.

waksupi
08-18-2014, 09:39 AM
Until you ask someone on staff to look into it, they will most likely never see this thread.

John Boy
08-18-2014, 11:38 AM
Until you ask someone on staff to look into it, they will most likely never see this thread.
Done, with a link to this thread!
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/sendmessage.php

No_1
08-18-2014, 12:11 PM
I got your message John.

We have been in the process of working the stickies. We have not created sub forums but are reviewing which sticky's can be unstuck then unsticking them. I am sure this answer may not be the perfect "fix" you were looking for but it is what we can do with what we have.

Cap'n Morgan
08-18-2014, 01:26 PM
I got your message John.

We have been in the process of working the stickies. We have not created sub forums but are reviewing which sticky's can be unstuck then unsticking them. I am sure this answer may not be the perfect "fix" you were looking for but it is what we can do with what we have.

The other day I visited the "Coatings and alternatives" forum to learn a bit about powder coating, and first turned to the stickies for information.

Judging from some of the dates on the messages, the forum is a little over a year old. There are already ten stickies, a couple of them over a hundred pages long. The 'Simple HI-TEK coating' thread has 3829 individual messages and is still going strong. I know there's a lot of useful information buried in there, but it is hidden like The Ark of the Covenant in the warehouse scene in that Indiana Jones movie.

Not singling out anybody here, but unless some sort of 'guidelines for stickies' is implemented, we might just as well drop them altogether.
Perhaps a call for volunteers in the various sub-forums to manage the stickies - maybe condense the whole lot into a couple of "101 on _____" stickies for each forum?

As it is now the whole stickies concept is suffering from a severe information overload. :veryconfu

Blammer
08-18-2014, 08:18 PM
I think we should make this a sticky until it's resolved just to keep everyone informed of what's going on. :)

lol

imashooter2
08-18-2014, 08:58 PM
Swappin and Sellin is the worst of the worst. Losing half of the first page to stickies is just foolish.

John Boy
08-18-2014, 09:13 PM

How to Make Sub-Directories in vBulletin Forum Software ...
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=88780

Looks straight forward to me: Administrators create the Child Boards (sub-directories) on the ADMIN side of the software and ask the Moderators to use the MOVE transaction to put the Stickies in the Category Sub-Directories