PDA

View Full Version : lubing pans

yman
01-27-2008, 12:10 AM
What kinda pans do you guys use to pan lube your bullets? I was at the local flea market the other day and I picked up several old Pizza Hut pizza pan. I bought them to feed dogs in but on the way home changed my mind. Hey these things work great. I use the little personal pans as the big ones were to heavy when filled. These things can be really great for alot of things, if you get a chance to grap some there really cool. Oh I paid $1 a piece for them-score!

Swamprat1052
01-27-2008, 12:24 AM
I tried some LLA tonight and needed a pan to dip the bullets in. I cut open a can of Tuna and cleaned it out good and used it.

Man I'm cheap.

Swamprat

Jon K
01-27-2008, 02:26 AM
I use cake & pie pans, usually around 100 per pan, seperated by weight. I only pan lube my BP boolits.

Use whatever you have or works for you. Many different things around the house can be used.

Jon

357maximum
01-27-2008, 08:26 AM
I use 8" X 1" stainless pans intended to be used under houseplants. I picked mine up used, but I see wally world carries similar, but they are a bit more expensive. I panlube almost all my longer rifle type boolits...I get better accuracy that way.

e15cap
01-27-2008, 09:52 AM
The little plastic re-useable containers from the grocery store.

Dale53
01-27-2008, 10:44 AM
I got my cake pans (for bullet lubing) at the Thrift Store for small change. The teflon coated ones are best as they release the lube cake better. Cake pans have tapered sides and that releases the lube cake better than straight sides, also.

Dale53

JSnover
01-27-2008, 12:55 PM
I picked up an 10" x 1.5" cast iron pan at a flea market a little while ago for 50 cents. I was worried it might take too long to cool but it turned out fine, just move it to a cool surface after the lube is completely melted and let it set for a bit.

calsite
02-06-2008, 01:31 PM
I've had no luck with my Felix lube cake falling out of my tin pie pans yet. I'm even using Pam spray before I load anything into them. Glad to hear you're having better luck.