PDA

View Full Version : 311407 or 31141/311041 group buy.

btr-cj
09-16-2005, 08:24 AM
OK, here is the deal. I have no experience with cast rifle bullets and would like a little info on people’s experiences with these moulds. Please let this newbie know the one you would like and why.

My applications: I am swapping a 308 barrel on a vz24(main use for the mould now). I plan on getting a 7.62x39 barrel with .308 specs and installing it on a mouser action(probably a turk). I also have my eye on an ar10 clone in the future.

I have ordered one of the 314 plinker moulds and that is probably all I would need in the near future but am worried that if I do not get one now, when I do need it everyone will have ordered on of these.

Thanks,
C.J.

Newtire
09-16-2005, 09:00 AM
I don't have the 407 yet but am in on the buy because it seems to embody all you could want in a cast bullet for the 30-30's I shoot. The 141 is just the most accurate I have with full power 30-30 loads and it would be a great buy for someone who doesn't have one already. The 407 is not being made anymore is another good reason. Better snatch one up while there is still a chance is all I can say!

David R
09-16-2005, 06:43 PM
I have a 311466 which is a midget (150gr) 311407. I love the 466, so I would like it in a 6 banger. SO I ordered the 407. The 31141 is a classic. It has a flat point, is a bore rider and SHOULD be accurate in most guns, but it depends on fit of the throat and barrel just like any other boolit or gun combanation.

Oh what the heck, buy em both!

David

Buckshot
09-17-2005, 08:47 AM
............In the beginning the caster knew not wither his cast boolits may fly. All was in turmoil and there was great wailing and knashing of teeth. Many did come forward with great and wondrus looking designs that kindled hope aflame in the hearts of the true belivers. Yet these were apostates in the eye of the Great Father of the silver stream and they were mightily smitten with the sickness of the keyhole.

He did smite them mightily and they fell to the ground and rent their rainment and covered themselves in ashes, so dismal was their failure. True flight was the holy grail and all the wailing and knashing, and ashes and all that jive was becoming wearysome to the Great Father.

The lube of the faithful was an abomination and did do great misdeeds in the firearms of the True Believers. Great was the sadness witnessed in the leaded barrels and the faithfull did set up a caterwaul. Many fell from grace into that dark nether region inhabited by the great unwashed who had glommed on to the wicked FLGC bullet. That twisty path taken by the unworthy who renounced the Silver Stream and harkend to the likes of Speer and Hornady.

It was at this time that the Great Father did take pity on his followers and did send his son down amongst the stricken faithful. He strode across the land in giant strides and soke with a loud voice that Guy Loverin was delivering unto them the eternal desire of thier heart. A boolit supplied with much lube, and many body diameter driving bands to truly engrave their lands.

And it came to pass that they saw that the Loverin boolit was the answer. The apostle Barlow the Great did set his cherry makers to work and delivered unto the wretched masses a great flood of the wondrus Loverin Boolits. Many were the calibers and wide were the wieghts he did cause to be delivered. And the faithfull were glad and busted many caps in testing and shooting of all types.

*Turn with me now to chapter 3, verses 16 thru 27:

And in the later days the world had fallen into sloth, and the filth was widespread amongst the people. Those of the righteous path were greived with festering wounds over and over ,as the great Barlow did bequeth his wondrus works to Lyman.

Lyman did continue many righteousnesses for a time, yet grew weary in the service of the Great Father and began to falter in his sight. He didest (didest?) go aft aglay and create oddities and unclean things and foisted them off onto the remaining faithfull.

In a final denial was the once great Lyman sold to the Leasiure Group and they did grevious damage to the once mighty prophet Lyman. The faithfull did throw themselves to the ground and bit themselves in their anguish and despair. With feet of clay the harlot of moulds cancelled many that the righteous had once held aloft in admiration and had shouted over in victory, such was their joy. Yet exhaltation was no longer to be heard.

Yet in small enclaves scattered about the countryside, in dimness and without fanfare did the truly faithfull keep alive the righteous traditions and designs. Ever mindfull of the naysayers and unbelivers did they strive to keep the true faith alive.

Unto you this day is born the opportunity to purchase such a mould. So mighty is this mould that it contains the majesty of 6 cavities, so it may deliver unto you a bountiful wealth and everalsting supply of the wondrous design of Saint Loverin.

Amen

Ummmm, I would think the choice should be clear?

BruceB
09-17-2005, 08:59 AM
Hmmmm......

A quiet night in the trucking business, yes????

PatMarlin
09-17-2005, 10:12 AM
Does Buckshot have mules?.. :shock:

Where's my cast boolit concordance?.. :lol:

Char-Gar
09-17-2005, 10:32 AM
I love it..I truly do! Yea verily and forsooth!

carpetman
09-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Pat Marlin---Does Buckshot have a mule? Buckshot had a fine looking mule named Toby. When they had their picture made together---well if Buckshot didnt have his hat on there was a confusion problem. Buckshot became jealous and came up with a ploy. He'd move to town and sell Toby. Buckshot's wife(Donna) was terribly against moving to town,but after years of begging,she finally reluctantly agreed.

PatMarlin
09-17-2005, 04:33 PM
That's a sad story... tear.

Buckshot
09-18-2005, 07:20 AM
.............Yeah it was a kinda slow night, but that's the way I like it. The more traffic at the window there is just makes more opportunity for stupidness to interupt my solitude :D

Carpetman has that kind of backwards.

Maybe it's about time to switch the avatar back for awile.

............Buckshot

btr-cj
09-18-2005, 07:40 AM
Lets see.

Newtire – 407
DavidR – Both
Buckshot – I am going to say his response counts as two for the 407.

That’s 4 to 1 for the 407.

I think I see a winner.

Thanks to all,
C.J.

David R
09-19-2005, 09:18 PM
311407 has a BC of .300 @ 1600 fps
31141 has a BC of .280 @ 1600.

This is right out of the 46th Lyman reloading manual.

311299 has a BC of .358 @ 1600......Just thought I would throw that one in there too.

I bought the first two and am looking for a 311284. Once you start, it never ends.

Nice story Buckshot.

David