PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy Match

sundog
03-22-2005, 10:35 PM
Shot one for the first time in two or three years, and had a ball. One of my Bisley Vaqeros has been 'fixed'. the other has had the sight put back on (remember my post from the other board?) and will be going back in to be 'fixed' also. The fixed one is a dream to pull from the holster, to be sure, and the other will be the same when it gets back home. I even won one of the stages, and I haven't played this game for a long time. This is one venue that caters to cast boolits. My Bisley Vaqeros and Rossi lever gun are in .44 mag and I loaded the Lee 200 RF over 6.5 grains of Green Dot for a really close in accurate and mild shooting load. On returning home and cleaning very minimal leading was observed and they cleaned up easily with patches wrapped around a brush and a little Hoppe's #9. Man that smell brings back lots of memories. All in all, Sunday's match was purdy durn good. Thinkin' maybe the grandsons should try this if I can get them away from those stoopid video games.... sundog

btw, the company was good, too. Nice people who shoot plain base cast boolits....

felix
03-24-2005, 12:50 PM
I'm afraid I'd shoot my foot off. ... felix

jethrow strait
03-24-2005, 04:04 PM
:o felix, I may be doing just that soon. Did the cowboy game for three years at the end of the last century, but the speed thing got old.

Well, here I am five years later needing a little respite from the accuracy stuff. Been practicing "Gunfighter Style"(draw em both simultaneously and shoot em til they're dry)in the main event bays at our range. What a blast! Now, I've just got to find a match director crazy enough to let me do it socially. jethrow

MARCORVET
04-01-2005, 02:33 AM
jethrow,
any posse leader will probably let you cut loose, just as long as you don't get to wild. Have fun and play safe.
Sam, aka Falcon McKinney SASS# 27416