PDA

View Full Version : Annual Server Fund!

1Shirt
08-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Seems to me like the donations to the Annual Server Fund is building, but seems like it is not as fast as it has been in past years. Lots of folks out of work, and---------money is tight for those us up paying taxes to support those who are living off our taxes. That said, I donate what I can afford to the VFW, VVA, American Legion, and this Fund. Consider all of these contributions to be patriotic, and in support of the 2nd amendment.
1Shirt!:cbpour::cbpour:

FISH4BUGS
08-06-2014, 08:23 PM
I agree with you. This site is the ONLY one (other than Bowers SubGun Board) that I frequent.
Bowers Board is machine gun central. www.subguns.com (http://www.subguns.com)
Couple that with learning how to scrounge, smelt, alloy, cast size and lube and reload for the submachinegun calibers (380, 9mm and 45) it has allowed me to shoot more and shoot more cheaply.
I DO blame this site for getting me hooked on Hensley & Gibbs moulds. TexasFlyBoy is to blame too. Thanks Tom......truly you opened my eyes to these works of the machinist's art called Hensley & Gibbs moulds.

tomme boy
08-06-2014, 09:18 PM
Doesn't the $ that is donated all throughout the year go towards the server fund?

TXGunNut
08-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Ya'll met the goal too fast last year, didn't get to help out. Mailed mine off first thing this year.

waksupi
08-06-2014, 10:52 PM
I suspect Willie has been paying the outside techs a heap of money over the past few months, I hope he breaks even.

Cosmiceyes
08-06-2014, 11:04 PM
I will only have a quarter of what I had last year. Seems a young man needed some ammo I was going to auction this year of never opened boxes of 50 year old Winchester 220 grain Silvertip 30-40 Krag. Almost a whole case gone. Now I have to find some,and only give some cash. I had so much fun last year with the 50 cal black powder mold with handles. I went crazy for days tearing my whole house,and garage apart. I am looking at auctions to see if I can find any fun needs to help there too.

Gunload Master
08-07-2014, 03:05 PM
I have more donations to get updated on the list too so we are more than what it shows. Yes the donations all go into a kiddy fund to pay for all the server expenses. This last year was particularly expensive because all the outside help I had to get to keep the site going, and the upgrades that took place too.

1Shirt
08-07-2014, 05:15 PM
When it comes to this forum, am reminded of what Ben Franklin said when every one of the original signers of the declaration of independence has signed: He said: "Gentlemen, we now must hang together, or we will surely hang separately".
1Shirt!

Cosmiceyes
08-07-2014, 07:03 PM
Check is in the mail! :)'s

TXGunNut
08-10-2014, 12:37 AM
Shameless bump. This is the fund drive that keeps us in touch. Donations keep this site available to us. Not much time left to be a part of this drive. Let's close it out with a generous surge and get back to talking about boolits.

waksupi
08-10-2014, 01:42 AM
Going to the "Quick Links" tab, and then "See Donations", I see it hasn't been updated for a few days. Willie actually has a job he works at! What struck me, is most of the donations have been from members who say little on the forum, while those with a large amount of wind contribute little. Kind of seems backwards.

tomme boy
08-10-2014, 09:03 AM
I do my contribution by a doing a sponsorship every year.

gunshot98
08-10-2014, 12:31 PM
I have some things i have made, wooden Duck call stands, I would like to auction off on here to go to the fund, just don't know how to go about it. If those things are appropriate for this. I have some pics to. Let me know.
113091From left to right, Red Cedar, Cherry, and Black Walnut.

tomme boy
08-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Gunshot, go down to the for sale section and put the stands in an auction there. Look at some of the other auctions that are listed there to see how to word it and how to get the $ to were it needs to go.

gunshot98
08-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Ok i did it, now how do i let Willy know that i'm doing this and to notify me when he gets the payment?

Touchngo
08-10-2014, 05:12 PM
Reupped 6 months early as a patron and sent another $10 because of folks like Brassmagnet and others that give unselfishly of their time.

tomme boy
08-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Send him a PM with a link to the auction and that he is to send you a PM when he receives the funds from whomever wins the auction. Then you ship them out. Thats how I have done it.

AggiePharmD
08-10-2014, 09:49 PM
How about a "Levin Surge?" Always seems to work for him. This was my first year on the board and since I've learned so much in a short time I gave what I could. Also buy from sponsors when I can to help in a round about way as well.

gpidaho
08-12-2014, 06:32 PM
Thanks for everything this year Willy, not just the entertainment but the help with selling my Dillon set up. It sold quick thanks to the Cast Boolits forum! Idaho to Idaho a check is on the way GP