PDA

View Full Version : RCBS brand bullet lube?

mtnman31
01-25-2008, 03:24 PM
I recently bought a box of misc. reloading stuff that included a bunch of RCBS bullet lube. It is green in color, hollow stick, and appears to be a harder lube that would most likely require a heater. Can anyone tell me a bit about it? If anyone has any experiences or comments on it I'd appreciate your input. The RCBS website had no details on it.

Thanks

Mugs
01-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Midway still shows RCBS boolit lube, but not the green. I almost sure the green was Saeco green sold to RCBS. I didn't think it needed a heater.
Mugs

jrgift
01-25-2008, 06:47 PM
I still have some of the RCBS lube,a heater is not required,except in cold workshops like mine.If I recall RCBS marketed 2 kinds one for rifle and one for pistols .

shooter93
01-25-2008, 10:16 PM
It works pretty good...both types. A local commercial caster here was hired by RCBS to test the stuff for them many yrs ago.

crowbeaner
01-26-2008, 02:55 AM
The green lube is pistol and the tan is rifle. Good stuff; just like all RCBS products.

trickyasafox
01-26-2008, 12:53 PM
A stick of green came with my Lube-a-matic II- seems to work well enough for my needs till it runs out. Does not require a heater.

Dennis Eugene
01-27-2008, 04:49 AM
Them guys are correct green is for pistols. I'd be willing to buy it off ya if ya wanted to get rid of it as it is what I use and will keep on useing as long as I can get it. Thanks Dennis Eugene