PDA

View Full Version : Swap Meets

1989toddm
08-05-2014, 01:11 AM
I love going to swap meets and spending a day walking, looking for the "bargains" as we all do. Went to the one at the Brooks, OR Steam Up couple weeks ago and whetted my appetite again. My problem is I've only lived in Washington 4 years and have not had any good luck finding them. Besides the Packwood Flea Market, anyone wanna share a swap meet you know of? Don't worry about me taking all the good deals, I have next to no cash. :coffeecom

crazy mark
08-05-2014, 01:51 AM
try http://www.swapmadness.com/search/washington-swap-meets/all/ it has a good list of them.

elk hunter
08-05-2014, 10:06 AM
There will be an automotive one in Redmond, Oregon on Saturday, September 6th. starts at 0700 hours, free admission.

I'm planning on going as I'm looking for Ford "Tin Top" overdrive transmission. I want to try to convert it to a top loader for my 45 Ford pickup.

fatelk
08-05-2014, 10:28 AM
If you were at the Steam Up I might have seen you there. They always have a good one.

I didn't spend a dime though. Either there are no real bargains to be had any more due to eBay and Craigslist, or I already have way too much junk. Maybe a combination of both?

1989toddm
08-05-2014, 10:55 AM
Crazy mark I saw that, thank you. Am hoping for some direction as to which ones might be more worth the drive.

Elk hunter, thanks, is it pretty big usually?

Fat elk, it was a good one, I picked up a couple loading books, and still kicking myself for not buying the almost new in box 12 ga loader kit for $10. It wasn't a Lee, the name escapes me at the moment.

elk hunter
08-05-2014, 04:59 PM
"Elk hunter, thanks, is it pretty big usually?"

There are 600 spaces available. I don't know how many they filled last year, I spent a couple of hours looking and I'm pretty sure I saw just about everything. It was 90% automotive related, some tools. The only gun related items I saw that I might have been interested in were some brass shotshells, but the guy that had them wanted WAY TOO MUCH for them. I thought they were brass, he thought they were gold.