PDA

View Full Version : Lee disc powder measure

REDBARON
08-04-2014, 10:22 AM
My disc does not move forward over the drop tobe hole. Have taken apart, lubed with dry lube, and adjusted the die up and down in my turret press with no success. Any suggestions?

Big Boomer
08-04-2014, 10:25 AM
Did you have an empty, primed, sized cartridge beneath the auto disc powder dispenser station? Big Boomer

REDBARON
08-04-2014, 10:30 AM
Yes. Case specific to all die/turrets. Have used this measure for 7-8 years, with only minor issues.

Landshark9025
08-04-2014, 12:52 PM
When you say "does not move over the drop tube", do you mean "does not move all the way"? Mine stops just short of flush, but it is ok. Also, and I don't mean to insult as I have made this mistake (and Iraqveteran8888 did it on one of his videos), but you can actually put the disc on in the wrong spot, so when it slides, it doesn't go all the way across. It goes like halfway there. Put a case in there, keep the hopper off and hold the disk down as you actuate it. If it only goes half way, move it on the "dog" to the next spot.

It does slide, right? Just not far enough?

wbrco
08-04-2014, 03:12 PM
I had this problem, particularly with .38 spcl brass. You absolutely need to size first. I would use an empty case to check the powder drop with my scale and it wouldn't always slide over. What was odd was that .357 mag would work fine. I even bought a shorter riser / expander specifically for .38 and still did it. Turns out there is a difference between the Lee 38 through die and the 357 die - enough the it will not allow for the disk to slide over when using an un-sized case.

REDBARON
08-05-2014, 08:53 AM
The disc is placed in the proper slot. It stops short of the tube. Close, but not flush. There is a ledge (disc hole/drop tube) that I thought would contribute to inconsistent powder charges. Thanks for the replies. Using sized cases to set up.