PDA

View Full Version : Ever seen a CVA Siber pistol? Ever heard of a CVA Siber pistol?

hornady308
08-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Look what I found...112384 112385112386

I remember seeing these in a catalog when I was a teenager, but never actually saw one in person until this one showed up at my front door. I've only found a few references to this model on the net and they indicate that this is the Siber and is made of "white steel." It is a copy of the Swiss Siber target pistol. It appears to be unfired. This one was made in 1987. Apparently, this model was discontinued in 1994. It is supposed to have been the most expensive gun CVA ever sold (around $450 in the late eighties). Anyone know anything about them? I didn't get a manual, so I would appreciate suggestions on loads. I suppose 20gr of 3f is always a good place to start.

Nobade
08-02-2014, 11:01 PM
Neat! I'd seen the Pedersoli version of those but never a CVA. What caliber is it? That sure was a lot more expensive than any other CVA! Hope it's a good one for you.

-Nobade

CopperniX
08-03-2014, 12:28 AM
I do believe CVA makes muzzleloaders and centerfire rifles mostly. I have one which was my first muzzleloader and enjoy it immensely. As for pistols never saw one made by CVA but that doesn't mean anything.

hornady308
08-03-2014, 03:10 PM
This is .45 caliber. While most CVA's are utilitarian, this pistol is strictly first class. These were made to compete with Hege target pistols in European competitions. It has one of the nicest triggers I've ever felt. It is almost identical to the Pedersoli pistols that start at around $500.

GARD72977
08-05-2014, 12:34 AM
Great looking pistol. Hard to believe its a CVA, Checkering on the grips looks very nice

Mk42gunner
08-05-2014, 03:43 AM
Nice looking pistol. It doesn't appear to have been fired much, if at all.

$450 MSRP in the late eighties was pretty spendy for a muzzle loading pistol, I remember buying several Ruger and S&W cartridge revolvers brand new for $300-$350.

Robert

bedbugbilly
08-06-2014, 08:43 AM
Beautiful!

I'm assuming these were made by someone for CVA? Anybody have any idea who manufactured those? AS an example, ASM (Armi San Marco) used to make revolvers for CVA. I have a 1861 Colt Navy that ASM made for CVA that is beautiful all the way around - fit, finish, grip and action. ASM has a reputation for having soft internals as far as their revolvers went though.

Anybody know who are the OP's? I have been shooting BP for 50 years and I don't remember those . . . certainly is nice!

doc1876
08-06-2014, 04:34 PM
back in the late 70's we had a good mom and pop muzzeloading store nearby that had some cva things you did not see other places. I seem to remember CVA had some high end pistols and rifles, but they only made a few for "select shooters" I never found the need for them, but I always did enjoy looking at nice guns, and that is a nice one. Good coup.