PDA

View Full Version : Please remember my friend

fatelk
08-01-2014, 11:42 PM
This is all too common of a theme on this part of the forum. It tears me up every time I hear something like this. I hate cancer.

For those of you who are the praying type, please remember my friend Alan and especially his wife. They are going through a heartbreaking time, as she has cancer. It sounds like it's beyond treatment. They are both really great people. She's a very sincere, kind-hearted person. Sometimes this old world doesn't make sense.

DLCTEX
08-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Prayers sent. God bless them.

obssd1958
08-02-2014, 02:03 PM
I'll pray for you, your friend, and most especially his wife.
It seems at times that God gives us folks in our lives that we want to be more like, and then takes them away. I think sometimes that makes us want to take up the slack, to try to fill in for them, knowing that we could never replace them, but knowing that we're all a little bit better because we had someone to show us the way.

trys357
08-02-2014, 02:12 PM
My prayers go out to you.

Artful
08-02-2014, 02:39 PM
Prayers for them and you too. Another Cancer hater but my wife's a survivor (over 5 years now) faith can do a lot

AlaskanGuy
08-02-2014, 03:18 PM
Prayers sent for your friend and her family.... Lord, bless them with your love and carry them through....

Uncle R.
08-02-2014, 03:25 PM
There is so much sadness and heartache in this world - if there's any reason for it at all it might be just to remind each of us to cherish every day we can spend with the ones we love.
Prayers for your friend, his wife, and you. May the Almighty comfort you all.
<
Uncle R.

RED333
08-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Lord, thank you for another day, look after us and guide us in the days ahead.

Charlie Two Tracks
08-02-2014, 09:36 PM
Amen.

fatelk
08-02-2014, 11:22 PM
Thank you all.

I'm a survivor too and know a little about going through something like that. Fortunately mine was not far advanced and I'm OK, but it changed my life and I feel more now for others going through heartbreaking times, especially when its someone I know and care about.

We are not close but they are good people. I worked for him a few years ago and have stayed in touch. He gave me a job when I was desperate for work and didn't know what I was going to do to support my family; I will always appreciate that. His wife is just a genuine nice and caring person, and I think she is his whole life. What do you say to someone when they are going through the "WHY GOD?!?" stage of something like this?

CopperniX
08-03-2014, 02:17 AM
Prayers sent I know how much it sucks to see someone deal with cancer regardless of status (friend or family).

Old Scribe
08-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Prayers going up for you and your friends.

DeputyDog25
10-06-2014, 08:59 AM
I will pray for Allen and his wife, just remember that our God is still in the healing business and there is nothing he can't do. I just pray for healing and comfort for Allen's wife, and I pray for comfort and understanding for Allen and the entire family. I pray that God would wrap his loving arms around this family and that his will would be done in their lives. Be a good friend to them and let them know about Salvation and introduce Allen and his wife to Jesus Christ and the Road to Salvation. I will pray that if they have not accepted Christ as their personal Savior, the Holy Spirit would convict both of them and lead them to accept Christ into their lives.

pjames32
10-06-2014, 10:06 PM
Prayers sent!

shoot-n-lead
10-06-2014, 10:11 PM
Will add to my prayer list.

Bodydoc447
10-06-2014, 10:16 PM
Prayers sent.

castalott
10-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Sincere Prayers are very powerful. Prayers of hope, strength , and healing added to prayers of Love, Forgiveness and Mercy.

Another cancer survivor here...almost 10 years

As the Gunny said, "Every meal is a banquet, every formation 's a parade, every paycheck 's a fortune!" ( from the movie 'Aliens')