PDA

View Full Version : .351 Redding dies

Battis
07-30-2014, 08:12 PM
I give up. I returned the Lee .351 dies that did not size properly - no neck tension (dies too big). I bought a 3-die Redding set from Midway and it eats the brass - the cases don't fit into the sizing die. I read a post somewhere about Redding .351 dies destroying brass. Anyone here have trouble with the Redding .351 dies?
I'm keeping the USPS afloat with return shipping.

Battis
07-31-2014, 09:14 AM
Problem solved. Redding said they'd check the die and open it up if needed, no charge. Good people to deal with. They're also sending me a sample of their lube wax.

richhodg66
07-31-2014, 09:36 AM
I reloaded my first batch of .351 the other day and found my old set of steel .357 magnum dies with a different shell holder worked fine. Granted, it was a first try, but it held the bullet tight enough and the rifle functioned just fine. I didn't shoot for groups really and am not going to do much shooting with it until I devise some kind of effective brass catcher, but I've about come down to the conclusion that once a guy get's past the undersized bullet problem, the .351 isn't too hard to load for. I may run into problems later and decide to buy a set of real dies for it, but I also have a Lee loader for .351 in case I need it.