PDA

View Full Version : My cabin trip

blackthorn
07-26-2014, 09:25 PM
Well, from the 14 July to the 23rdmy Granddaughter Shawna and my two and a half year old Great Grandson Aiden andI have been up at my cabin. We had a great time!! Did not accomplish a thing,but we sure enjoyed ourselves! We saw several Deer on the way in and a couplemore on the way out. We saw a black Bear sow with two cubs. The sow went overthe bank as we drove down the road and when I pulled over so Aiden could seeher from his car seat, the two cubs went up a tree just a few feet away and ona direct line with the truck window. He sure was impressed. The cubs were onlyabout 30 inches high standing on their back legs. One was black, the other wasbrown. At the cabin when Shawna went into the basement to check that the capwas on the sink drain, she found a dead duck on the dirt floor! The only waythat duck could have gotten in there was down the unused side of the doublechimney and out the open clean-out hole. The duck did not look in too bad shapebut when I picked it up by one wing, the underside was full of maggots and thesmell really began to circulate! I have had a cabin on that site for 50 yearsand that is the first time I ever had something like that happen. My next doorneighbor has a Marmot living in his woodpile and his wife thinks it is “cute”!Too bad they were up there too or it would have been history. The darn thingsdig in under my outhouse and generally make a mess. I have a pellet rifle and aboy’s size .22 just waiting for him to get a bit bigger. Hope I live longenough to see him use both. One thing I found out for sure---two and a halfyear olds are hard to catch when they escape! Wouldn’t have missed it for theworld!

MrWolf
07-26-2014, 09:40 PM
Sounds like a great time and some really special memories. Hope you get the time to demonstrate the proper way to handle that 22 :)

rbertalotto
07-27-2014, 08:12 AM
i thought we had a rule on this site than when you talk about cabins in the woods, pictures must accompany the post!.... :bigsmyl2:

nothing like them little grandkids ............ i got 9...love em to death!

blackthorn
07-27-2014, 01:23 PM
I am barely able to use a computer to read this site, let alone post pictures! Maybe I can talk Gail into helping me figure it out.

Bullwolf
07-28-2014, 01:54 AM
i thought we had a rule on this site than when you talk about cabins in the woods, pictures must accompany the post!.... :bigsmyl2:

My Ranch Cabin may look like more of a shack, but it's heaven to me.

It's not your typical cabin the woods, but there are lots of oak's and redwood trees scattered around me.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=111893&d=1406526101

- Bullwolf