PDA

View Full Version : OK, I'm hooked on CBs

bubblehead
09-14-2005, 06:06 PM
I dropped by the range yesterday to visit the burrito bunch, watched & talked a little and then tried a couple of rounds with Deputy Al's 8mm Manlicher. That did it.

I shoot BPCR, but never got serious about cast boolits in HP rifle w/ smokeless. I have the usual stable of '06, .308, etc. but today I dragged out my old T-44 Arisaka. It's a 7.7 mm carbine with a folding permanently attached bayonet. It has a 18" or 19" barrel with a great bore. It also has a flip-up rear sight with a slider. I expect that it will be a kick to shoot.

Now I have to get dies and a mould or two and work up a load.

I always go with the out of the ordinary.

carpetman
09-14-2005, 06:31 PM
Bubblehead---Telling us you hung around Buckshot and Deputy Al and then bothering to tell us you do things out of the ordinary. That one was already apparent and a waste of keystrokes.

drinks
09-14-2005, 08:28 PM
BH;
Can you spell"slippery Slope" ?
You just stepped off on one!
Snicker, snicker, we love company!

Jumptrap
09-14-2005, 09:17 PM
today I dragged out my old T-44 Arisaka. It's a 7.7 mm carbine with a folding permanently attached bayonet. It has a 18" or 19" barrel with a great bore. It also has a flip-up rear sight with a slider. I expect that it will be a kick to shoot.

Now I have to get dies and a mould or two and work up a load.

I always go with the out of the ordinary.

Better sell me that old Arisaka and find something else to shoot cast in.....I'd like to have that gun!

JohnH
09-14-2005, 09:46 PM
Hehehe :) You're gonna hate cast boolits, you're gonna wish you'd never fired the first one. You're a goner now. Next it'll be hunting with 'em, then you'll decide you don't like the groups you're getting form your best rifle, and you'll be pouring money into more molds, more guns and an upgrade in equipment (at least 3 times on this). Then one day you're gonna wake up and the only words you'll be able to understand are "Cast Boolits". Turn bacak now while you still can friend, else you'll discover the true meaning of "The only thing worse than being a gun nut is being a cast boolit nut" Go Back! Go Back!

45nut
09-14-2005, 10:19 PM
Main thing is that your company is welcomed here! As I have shot alongside Dep Al and Buckshot myself at the NCBS gatherings I know you must be having a grand time hauling out the different shooting irons. I will always remember the paper patched 450's that buckshot kindly allowed me to launch downrange.

9.3X62AL
09-14-2005, 11:33 PM
B-head.....

So, the nasty old G98/40 whetted the appetite a bit, did it? That old thing is a lot of fun to shoot, all right. I'm glad you kept trying, the last two times you stopped by the range I was busy being sick or having car accidents or some other form of entertainment. Good to finally meet ya, and get you hooked on the poured ones.

I do believe Bubblehead is a bit more experienced with the castings than he lets on herein, though. Those BPCR guys are people of few words and much shooting, in my experience. Look out.

NVcurmudgeon
09-15-2005, 01:13 AM
Bubblehead, Rumor has it that the Inland range has a sign over the gate reading, "Abandon hope who enter here." The put that sign up when Buckshot and Deputy Al joined up. Welcome to our madhouse!

BOOM BOOM
09-15-2005, 01:33 AM
HI,
Welcome abord , don't worry about all the direr ,wofull warnings. You'll have fun & get to shoot alot more, as its more affordible & fasinating fun.

Frank46
09-15-2005, 02:35 AM
I don't know about "abandon all hope ye who enter here" but "we have fallen deep in sin wheeeeee" sounds pretty good to me. Frank