PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Primers ?

leadladen
01-23-2008, 04:41 PM
HAS ANYONE TRIED WOLF PRIMERS?
i SHOOT COWBOY ACTION IN 357 AND WAS CURIOUS AS TO THE DEPENDADILITY OF IGNITION WITH LOW POWER LOADS,,ALSO ANY INPUT ON TEMPERATURE SENSATIVITY

Morgan Astorbilt
01-23-2008, 06:08 PM
This question was asked and answered on another thread. I shoot cowboy, and normally use Federals. When I ran out, I bought 5000 Wolf large pistol to try. I load my .45LC on a Dillon SDB, and my .38-40's on a Hornady ProJector. I loaded 100 .45's on the Dillon to try them, and about 20 had high primers. bad news in the pistols. I'd stopped using CCI's in the Dillon years ago, due to hard primer seating, but the Wolfs are a lot worse. Luckily, my back order for Federals at Midsouth, arrived, after several months. If you're loading in a single stage, or priming by hand, the Wolf primers might be OK, but not in a progressive unless it's got a strong priming system.
Morgan

eveready
01-23-2008, 07:42 PM
I've been loading wolf primers in 9mm and 40 on a lee and on a projector without any problems. I shot them in a revolver and find they are nearly as soft as federals.

Morgan Astorbilt
01-24-2008, 12:25 AM
I've been loading wolf primers in 9mm and 40 on a lee and on a projector without any problems. I shot them in a revolver and find they are nearly as soft as federals.

I must have gotten a bad batch! Now, what to do with them?
Morgan

Single Shot
01-24-2008, 12:48 AM
I must have gotten a bad batch! Now, what to do with them?
Morgan

Glue or tape them together side by side as quarter sized exploding targets:twisted:

DonH
01-24-2008, 08:01 AM
This question was asked and answered on another thread. I shoot cowboy, and normally use Federals. When I ran out, I bought 5000 Wolf large pistol to try. I load my .45LC on a Dillon SDB, and my .38-40's on a Hornady ProJector. I loaded 100 .45's on the Dillon to try them, and about 20 had high primers. bad news in the pistols. I'd stopped using CCI's in the Dillon years ago, due to hard primer seating, but the Wolfs are a lot worse. Luckily, my back order for Federals at Midsouth, arrived, after several months. If you're loading in a single stage, or priming by hand, the Wolf primers might be OK, but not in a progressive unless it's got a strong priming system.
Morgan

My Dillon SDB will screw up with ANY brand primer - just worse with some.

Cherokee
01-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Morgan, you can mail those old Wolf primers to me