PDA

View Full Version : Unwanted photos. Any and all Mods, please help.

WILCO
07-23-2014, 11:28 AM
There seems to be a sudden interest in deleting unused pictures that are permanently uploaded.
Nobody seems to have an answer that works. Myself included. :oops:

Here's a couple of pics I'd like to have deleted to make room for more:

WILCO
07-23-2014, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the help in advance.

oneokie
07-23-2014, 12:25 PM
Are they in your album/s here on CB? If they are, try opening the album and deleting from there.

No_1
07-23-2014, 12:29 PM
If they are in your album on Cast Boolits:

Forum actions --> General Settings --> Attachements

Once you are there, choose the photo you wish to delete then press the delete button.

fastfire
07-23-2014, 01:01 PM
In my photo album, I'm not finding these options, Forum actions --> General Settings --> Attachments

Once you are there, choose the photo you wish to delete then press the delete button.

obssd1958
07-23-2014, 01:40 PM
Once in the album, click on "Edit photos", and one of the options beside each photo is "Delete this photo".
Check the box of the ones you want to delete, and scroll down to the bottom of the photos and choose "Save changes"

07-23-2014, 02:42 PM

Doesn't work. When I click on attachments, it says that I don't have any, even though there are 16 photos. Over the years, I've tried many times to delete them, but without any success.

EMC45
07-23-2014, 03:02 PM
I like the boots. Carolina's?

Reg
07-23-2014, 03:21 PM
In my photo album, I'm not finding these options, Forum actions --> General Settings --> Attachments

Not finding anything either .

Why should anything so simple be this complex ????

popper
07-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Forum actions --> General Settings --> Attachements - shows mine. I DON"T have an album. They do delete. Maybe the link got lost in software changes?

enfield
07-23-2014, 06:46 PM
This is a joke isn't it ?

No_1
07-23-2014, 07:46 PM
I was trying to explain the complete process. The short version: go to your photo album, place a mark in the box to the right of the photos you do not want, push the delete button at the bottom of the page.

Reg
07-23-2014, 08:03 PM
Yes, these will go away as you say BUT

What I want to go away are the photos that are in the managed attachments.
I. E. , you are replying to a thread, you added a photo at some time or add a new photo to use in your reply OR
you are using Swapping and Sellin and add a photo along with your add.
How do you get these photos to go away. There IS no delete button on the bottom of the page to use. There is a square along with the picture to hi lite it but cannot see how it can be used to erase it.

fastfire
07-23-2014, 08:11 PM
Sorry not in the photo album. It when you upload a picture to post in a message. My bad
I'm not seeing any way to delete these.

Blammer
07-23-2014, 08:50 PM
go to "blammer" (your user name at the top right of the screen) click on it, choose
Usercp

Look down the side for this:

"Miscellaneous" (it's a heading),(look under this to see the 'attachements" below it
"attachements" a sub heading

click on the "attachments" (click on the subheading)

should see the thread where the attachment is made, you can click on it to view it, or choose the block and delete it.

07-23-2014, 08:51 PM
What Reg said.

Thank you, sir.

Bullwolf
07-23-2014, 09:16 PM
Deleting a picture from the attachments section under your user control panel does not permanently remove it from your "manage attachments" section ever.

I mentioned this when the board went to the new format but no one seemed to be able to understand what I was saying, or offer me a solution. It's a bit later now and there are quite a few pictures stuck in my manage attachments section now.

For example I have attached and deleted this image multiple times under my user control panel "attachments" section from various posts.

It always stays in the manage attachments section no matter how many times I have deleted the attachment via the user control panel. This image is NOT in my photo album. I also did not have to upload it to add it to this post as it never really gets deleted.

It mentions under the manage attachments section that uploads not utilized within 1 hour will be deleted.

That does not appear to be to happen. Images uploaded to the manage attachments tab once, remain around indefinitely. I can delete the image from a post, under the user control panel and attachments section, but there still remains in the manage attachments section a list of every photo that I have uploaded at one point or another.

I have one image that I accidentally uploaded to my manage attachments that has remained there for close to a year. The OCD part of me would really like to delete it permanently to help organize my photos.

The good news is the images are always there no matter what, and don't appear to count towards my band with total unless attached to a post. Still this has to add up to Cast Boolits overall band with total someplace.

The bad news is the list is getting somewhat long to search through and I would really like to trim the fat and remove the older images, duplicates and accidental uploads from the manage attachments tab. The sheer quantity of photos is getting quite large and takes me a while to navigate through now.

- Bullwolf

WILCO
07-24-2014, 12:40 AM
I like the boots. Carolina's?

Me? Not sure if they're Carolina's. I just google imaged "Engineer" boots and that's one of many that came up.

WILCO
07-24-2014, 12:45 AM
Are they in your album/s here on CB? If they are, try opening the album and deleting from there.

Yeah, these photos are in managed attachments. I don't have an album
No matter how many times you delete a picture, they're still there in the managed attachments.

This thread here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?248402-unwanted-uploaded-pictures

WILCO
07-24-2014, 12:46 AM
This is a joke isn't it ?

Only if you don't know what's going on.[smilie=s:

Reg
07-24-2014, 10:32 AM
Deleting a picture from the attachments section under your user control panel does not permanently remove it from your "manage attachments" section ever.

I mentioned this when the board went to the new format but no one seemed to be able to understand what I was saying, or offer me a solution. It's a bit later now and there are quite a few pictures stuck in my manage attachments section now.

For example I have attached and deleted this image multiple times under my user control panel "attachments" section from various posts.

It always stays in the manage attachments section no matter how many times I have deleted the attachment via the user control panel. This image is NOT in my photo album. I also did not have to upload it to add it to this post as it never really gets deleted.

It mentions under the manage attachments section that uploads not utilized within 1 hour will be deleted.

That does not appear to be to happen. Images uploaded to the manage attachments tab once, remain around indefinitely. I can delete the image from a post, under the user control panel and attachments section, but there still remains in the manage attachments section a list of every photo that I have uploaded at one point or another.

I have one image that I accidentally uploaded to my manage attachments that has remained there for close to a year. The OCD part of me would really like to delete it permanently to help organize my photos.

The good news is the images are always there no matter what, and don't appear to count towards my band with total unless attached to a post. Still this has to add up to Cast Boolits overall band with total someplace.

The bad news is the list is getting somewhat long to search through and I would really like to trim the fat and remove the older images, duplicates and accidental uploads from the manage attachments tab. The sheer quantity of photos is getting quite large and takes me a while to navigate through now.

- Bullwolf

There are currently three ( 3) threads going on right now about this problem and no one seems to have an answer.
Bullwolf, you have explained the problem crystal clear, far better than I or so it seems anyone else.
For crying in a bucket. With all the experts out there surely there is one voice calling in the night that has the least understanding of this problem and how to cure it.
OR
Is this the NSA's link to the site ?

07-24-2014, 11:20 AM
Where's Lois Lerner?

Reg
07-24-2014, 02:12 PM
Goodsteel---- where are you.

MBTcustom
07-24-2014, 02:45 PM
I'm right here wishing I knew which screw to tighten up to make it work right. LOL!
Honestly, I haven't got a clue. I use Photobucket personally because CB wasn't big enough to handle my needs. I can control my pictures perfectly that way.
OK, Ill swing my hammer at the problem. Pm me the posts with the unwanted pictures, and ill see if I can cut them out?

Hmm, never mind. I see what you are talking about. Lemme get some help.

Please, next time you need help, PM me. I only found this because I search for my username occasionally to see if anybody is hollering for me. Good thing I did.

Reg
07-24-2014, 02:52 PM
Good man. Hang in there. I really do think this is a problem but surely there is a cure !!

No_1
07-25-2014, 08:58 AM
The member should be able to delete their own photos. Anyone care to allow me to log in as them so I can see what they are seeing? If it comes down to it I can delete photo's posted by the members (your welcome Wilco) but it is a bit of a pain considering there are more than 55,000 photos on the server at the moment.

No_1
07-25-2014, 11:07 AM
Ok folks,
Reg allowed me to log in as him (Thank you!). He does have the "delete" button I was speaking of. This is how I found it:

Upper right hand corner of any page is a box that says "Welcome (your name)" with a drop down arrow on the right hand side of your name. Use this drop down to choose "User CP" which will bring you to another page. Once on that page scroll down until you see on the left hand side the word "Attachments". Click the word "Attachments" which will bring you to another page that shows what attachments you have on our server. To the right of each attachment is a check box and below the last check box is a button that is marked "Delete Selected". Once you "mark" the attachments you no longer want (using the check box(s) then click the "Deleted Selected" button the attachments you no longer want will be gone.

fouronesix
07-25-2014, 11:51 AM
OK. That is not the question/solution that needs addressing. It is easy enough to delete individual attachments to posts.

The question is how to delete images (attachments) that are stored in the forum cache, which appear to be stored permanently in the cache as a result of using the forum's image hosting capability. Or, I guess, other related questions would be: are they stored permanently and for what reason?

07-25-2014, 12:13 PM
As I mentioned, earlier, I followed those directions, but when clicking on "Attachments" it said that I don't have any attachments. However, in the "Manage Attachments" section there are 16 photos of stuff that were originally attached to posts in the Swappin' and Sellin' sub-forum. There's not a method of deleting those photos.

How can attached photos be deleted when it says that no attachments exist?

No_1
07-25-2014, 12:26 PM
As I mentioned, earlier, I followed those directions, but when clicking on "Attachments" it said that I don't have any attachments. However, in the "Manage Attachments" section there are 16 photos of stuff that were originally attached to posts in the Swappin' and Sellin' sub-forum. There's not a method of deleting those photos.

How can attached photos be deleted when it says that no attachments exist?

I do not find the attachments you are speaking of however you do have 5 attachments, a mauser target, a mauser, a 03A3, 03a3 target and a picture of fishing lures. Do you want these deleted?

No_1
07-25-2014, 12:31 PM
OK. That is not the question/solution that needs addressing. It is easy enough to delete individual attachments to posts.

The question is how to delete images (attachments) that are stored in the forum cache, which appear to be stored permanently in the cache as a result of using the forum's image hosting capability. Or, I guess, other related questions would be: are they stored permanently and for what reason?

That was not a question until you ask it. The answer to YOUR question is they are not stored in the forum cache, they are stored in each individual's albums and attached to post. If you delete the photo's from your album (attachments) they will be deleted from the post they are in (because they no longer exist). Perfect example is post #1 of this thread - I have deleted Wilco's attachments from his album (attachments) and they have disappeared from the thread(s). I currently see 8 photos you have attached to post related to muzzle loaders. Would you like those deleted?

WILCO
07-25-2014, 12:41 PM
Perfect example is post #1 of this thread - I have deleted Wilco's attachments from his album (attachments) and they have disappeared from the thread(s).

Hi Robert!

Thanks for the effort on this issue.

Post # 13 of this thread here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=248402

Wilco:

Thanks!

Your advice will work for actively used pictures, but we are talking about the ones we uploaded, used, then the ads were deleted. They are nolonger used anywhere. Those still appear in our "Manage Attachments" folder, where we go to upload and drag down to put in our post.

None of us can find a way to get those deleted.

I have 13 active. They show where you said to go (User CP; "Attachments"). I have 50 total in the other folder and all but 13 are not used anymore and I'd really like to get rid of them.

Anybody know how to delete those other 37 "Old" pictures?

DC-1

Basically, how to delete pictures from HERE:

Now I have 51!

No_1
07-25-2014, 12:45 PM
Hi Robert!

Thanks for the effort on this issue.

Post # 13 of this thread here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=248402

That link leads me to a blank page. Please provide the photo name and I will delete it.

fouronesix
07-25-2014, 12:48 PM
That was not a question until you ask it. The answer to YOUR question is they are not stored in the forum cache, they are stored in each individual's albums and attached to post. If you delete the photo's from your album (attachments) they will be deleted from the post they are in (because they no longer exist). Perfect example is post #1 of this thread - I have deleted Wilco's attachments from his album (attachments) and they have disappeared from the thread(s). I currently see 8 photos you have attached to post related to muzzle loaders. Would you like those deleted?

No, the OP and the subject of at least two threads (one here under the Our Town heading and the other under the Testing Area heading) is how to (if possible) can a user (member) delete images that have been uploaded to the forum's cache…. without having to request them be deleted manually by the administrator via PM or otherwise. The question is not how to delete individual images that have been attached to individual posts- that's easy enough.

fastfire
07-25-2014, 12:52 PM
I did that yesterday but the photos are still there.

Ok folks,
Reg allowed me to log in as him (Thank you!). He does have the "delete" button I was speaking of. This is how I found it:

Upper right hand corner of any page is a box that says "Welcome (your name)" with a drop down arrow on the right hand side of your name. Use this drop down to choose "User CP" which will bring you to another page. Once on that page scroll down until you see on the left hand side the word "Attachments". Click the word "Attachments" which will bring you to another page that shows what attachments you have on our server. To the right of each attachment is a check box and below the last check box is a button that is marked "Delete Selected". Once you "mark" the attachments you no longer want (using the check box(s) then click the "Deleted Selected" button the attachments you no longer want will be gone.

No_1
07-25-2014, 12:54 PM
I did that yesterday but the photos are still there.

Please provide a link to the thread(s) you are referencing and also provide the name of the photo's you deleted.

No_1
07-25-2014, 01:11 PM
I received a PM from a member that explains it pretty well and now see what y'all are talking about. I will forward this to Willy for action.

fishhawk
07-25-2014, 01:11 PM
Another question with this is when I hard delete a sale thread in S&S and there is a photo there is it gone from some ones folder or is it stuck some place? steve k

No_1
07-25-2014, 01:15 PM
This is the PM I received:

"Right you are. Go to user CP, select attachments, select the ones to delete then hit delete and they go away. This does work well. Only trouble is, this isn't the problem.

Say you want to post something on swappen and sellen. Here to attach a pic you go to advanced and then to manage attachments. When the selection of prior pics comes up, lo and behold there are all the old pics you had gotten rid of on the user CP side basically everything you had ever downloaded as a picture. These are the ones we want to get rid of.

There seems to be no correlation between the user CP side and the pictures in the manage attachments side. Not saying there needs to be but if there is no correlation then there needs to be a way to remove the pictures on the manage attachments ( in advanced side ) side."

07-25-2014, 01:39 PM
^^^
Yes, that is what I'm talking about.

Robert,
Yes, those are part of the 16 photos that are not deletable. If you can tell me how to delete them, I'll do it. If you, as the site owner are the only one who is able to, yes, please delete them.

In the end, though, there must be a way for a member to delete his or her unwanted photos.

Thank you.

No_1
07-25-2014, 02:01 PM
I am unable to delete those and have brought this matter to the attention of Willy for resolution.

07-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Thank you, sir.

Reg
08-10-2014, 11:55 PM
Has anything come from this or is it a dead thread ?