PDA

View Full Version : Mooseman Needs a Helping Hand

lkydvl
07-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Our good friends Mooseman (Rich) and Red are in need of our help.

They are scheduled to move to OK in late August or early Sept. They have committed to a house in OK and are packing. Their moving expenses and house purchase were all dependent on the sale of Red's place. The buyer there has just cancelled and left them in a serious bind.

They need 5-6 K to pay for the move.

We are fundraising to get them the $$ needed to move and need whatever you care to spare.

Funds can be sent to "lkydvl" at either

Andre` R. Schofield
73180 465th Ave
Jackson, MN 56143

or via "gift" funding thru PayPal at

lkydvl@hotmail.comMooseman Needs our Help

lkydvl
07-25-2014, 11:33 PM
Current tally is $630

C'mon folks...we can do better than that!

Bealzybub
07-26-2014, 11:24 AM
People we need 10 times that much. If everyone here (members at this site) sent in $1 each he'd have to send money back. Come on, it'll give you a warm fuzzy feeling, god will love you and the Mooseman would do it for you were the shoe on the other foot.

Thank you in advance !!!!!!!!!!!!

runfiverun
07-26-2014, 01:14 PM
Woah.
Andre, i'll be home early part of next week.
check will be in the mail first thing.

some of you guy's don't know who Mooseman [Rich] is, but i can assure y'all if he needs HELP,,,,, he needs HELP...

MaryB
07-26-2014, 10:04 PM
I will post an auction for 2 laser engraved gun cleaning mats as a donation. I live on a tight budget but can donate some time and materials. Starting bid at $20 each. If I don't have the wanted gun in my diagram file I will try to find one for you. Older military stuff is very hard to find so no promises but the common stuff I have quite a few on file ready to engrave. 12x20 inch mat with the diagrams and parts list engraved into the surface so it will not wear off.

GoodOlBoy
07-27-2014, 02:00 AM
Alright folks I don't have spare cash for the donation, but I started a benefit auction with a little something from my bench! Swing on by and check it out!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?248887-Benefit-Auction-for-Mooseman!-270-Brass!&p=2870455#post2870455

GoodOlBoy

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
07-27-2014, 12:48 PM
Rich is A+ in my book. When I get home I will look for stuff on the bench to auction.

Brother Bob
07-27-2014, 04:19 PM
Bump.......Come on folks! Just a dollar!

Thecyberguy
07-27-2014, 08:18 PM
If we run an auction...how does the winning bidder get the money to where it is needed?

GoodOlBoy
07-27-2014, 08:28 PM
They Pay it to lkydvl, or pay it to you and you pay it to him. See original post at top of page.

GoodOlBoy

tommag
07-27-2014, 08:44 PM
I'll send a check tomorrow.

MaryB
07-28-2014, 02:14 AM
Last 3 auctions I collected the funds and forwarded it on.

dtknowles
07-28-2014, 11:43 AM
I can always find a few bucks for a good cause but who are Mooseman and Red. Why do we send the money to lkydvl@hotmail.com (lkydvl@hotmail.com) and not to Mooseman? Why does it cost $5000.00 to move?

Tim

p.s. My company moved me 4 times and each time they could have/should have offered me half what it cost to move me and I would have sold almost everything and move the rest myself. I could have bought new at the new stuff location. I moved my guns myself anyway, no way I would let the movers touch them. They would not take the ammo, powder, primers, propane tank.....

GoodOlBoy
07-28-2014, 11:45 AM
lk is wrangling the whole thing. Moose and Red are moving from Alaska to Oklahoma....

GoodOlBoy

dtknowles
07-28-2014, 11:58 AM
lk is wrangling the whole thing. Moose and Red are moving from Alaska to Oklahoma....

GoodOlBoy

I went to lk's profile to see if I could find a quick way to look for Mooseman's but Mooseman is not on lk's friends list. I guess I could just search Mooseman.

Both you and lk have low post counts and I have no contact with any of you so before I send anything I have to check it out.

Tim

dtknowles
07-28-2014, 12:15 PM
I am in for a few bucks. Mooseman is clearly deserving and I am willing to accept someone else's word that he needs help. I understand it might be hard to ask strangers when you need help. A person should not have to sell their stuff so they can move. I know what I said in a previous post but that was not meant that way, just what I would have done in my position. Check PayPal.

Tim

osteodoc08
07-28-2014, 12:51 PM
If R5R will vouch for them, that's good enough for me. I'll find something to auction off tonight.

km101
07-28-2014, 01:29 PM
Cant do much, but it's on the way via paypal.

2wheelDuke
07-28-2014, 01:33 PM
Paypal sent. "Uncle Rich" is a good guy. Good luck, Rich.

Bealzybub
07-28-2014, 01:33 PM
In response to dtknowles, Mooseman didnt ask for anything. We as a community have advertised for this help because it is needed. There is no way to count the contributions Mooseman has made to myself and this site. And yes, I sent mine in. I sincerely thank you for your contribution !!!!!!!

lkydvl
07-28-2014, 02:30 PM
I am not a big forum poster that's true. My time is spent in chat mostly. You can ask the folks in there about me. I just got wrangled into managing the contributions from various sources. You are welcome to send funds direct to Mooseman if you choose.

Brother Bob
07-28-2014, 03:56 PM
Rich(Mooseman) is a good guy. I don't many posts on here, but I have plenty on the Gun And Game forum. The guy is the salt of the earth and would help anyone on here. Yes, I've met him. He spent the night here, and I took him to Tulsa the next day to catch a flight back to Alaska. I'll mortgage my other house, if I have to, to help a brother out!

2muchstuf
07-28-2014, 05:56 PM
Seems worthwhile to me.
Mooseman has been good to my nephew on more than one occasion.
That's all I need to know.
Cash will be in the mail in the morning.

GoodOlBoy
07-28-2014, 06:00 PM
I am pretty new to the board, but so far Moose has been one of a dozen great folks I have met who have given me solid advice, and good conversations in chat. I am in no way offended that somebody would want to check me out first, I think it's the smart move.

GoodOlBoy

Brother Bob
07-28-2014, 06:39 PM
Bump!

dtknowles
07-28-2014, 07:14 PM
I am not a big forum poster that's true. My time is spent in chat mostly. You can ask the folks in there about me. I just got wrangled into managing the contributions from various sources. You are welcome to send funds direct to Mooseman if you choose.

Already sent you Paypal, good luck.

Tim

osteodoc08
07-29-2014, 12:13 PM
I've got an auction going for mooseman on some 22 cal Jwerds. Check it out.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?249091-Box-of-22cal-Jwerds-for-Mooseman-Auction

MBTcustom
07-29-2014, 11:11 PM
If anybody else is apprehensive about helping, perhaps you know me? Rich is a good friend of mine. I can vouch for him, and he has asked for nothing, but he needs it none the less.
I give you my word this is legit.
I've also had conversation in chat with ikydvl and I have had dealings with several others on this thread. Good people here.

Bo1
07-29-2014, 11:58 PM
Rich is a close friend of mine, we met in chat, and he is a very stand up guy. We have made trades, and he has sent me things asking nothing in return. He has even spent the night at my house on one of his long drives heading back to Oklahoma to make the deal on his property. He and Red are trying to get to their new place in Oklahoma, and would never ask anyone for assistance, but never the less could use some.
I have donated to my brother in need, as he would do for me. This is what good people,friends, and family do. Please consider contributing to the cause.
Bo

runfiverun
07-30-2014, 11:43 AM
if anyone is asking i'll definitely vouch for Rich and Red.

Rich was the first one to step up and help chris out when his wife went into the hospital.
if it hadn't of been for Rich's drive and our help, Chris would have been sleeping in his truck in the hospital parking lot.

rnelson11
07-31-2014, 09:14 AM
Just sent you a Paypal.

selmerfan
07-31-2014, 11:40 AM
I'll check the bench for auction items when I get home. My wife and are tapped out from adoption expenses, but I know I have a few things I can auction. I only know lkydvl and Mooseman from chat, but both are good fellas and have been helpful and kind to me.

txsnowman2k2
07-31-2014, 12:57 PM
I've got an auction going for mooseman on some 22 cal Jwerds. Check it out.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?249091-Box-of-22cal-Jwerds-for-Mooseman-Auction
Donated 2nd box all boxed up n waiting on the winner name to ship...bid it up people, it's for a good cause...tx

Brother Bob
07-31-2014, 10:20 PM
Bump. Come on folks....

Brother Bob
08-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Bump again.....

Bo1
08-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Bump for a good friend...
How about an update lkydvl?
Bo

Ajax
08-02-2014, 07:01 AM
paypal sent.

Andy

webradbury
08-03-2014, 09:54 AM
I must have missed it. Who do I send paypal funds to? I don't have much to give but small change adds up.

lkydvl
08-03-2014, 04:53 PM
I sent Rich a PayPal payment of $1000 last night. Still funds coming in and more is needed folk!

Donations can be made to :

lkydvl@hotmail.com

Thank you all for your generosity. Rich was very moved . Lets get him "MOVED" further shall we?

Andre`

Ed in North Texas
08-03-2014, 10:00 PM
Andre, Just sent a contribution. I haven't moved in forever (and it would take forever to move all the stuff I've collected in almost 40 years since the last move), and it was from OK to TX, so no big deal. But I still can understand the difficulty is multiple times given the move to the lower 48 (but a good part of the 48).

birdadly
08-05-2014, 06:38 PM
Well, my For Sale thread was deleted, but I sold 6 SFRB's of linotype and declared one of the sales would be donated to Mooseman. The M.O. got to me yesterday, cashed it today and so just now sent a gift via Paypal. Thanks to the 6 people who purchased the lino, I'll call it that you each donated $5 to Rich :)

"You sent a payment for $30.00 USD to Lakes Potential and Abilities."

I sure hope that's you, lkydvl, because I copied the email address from your post 2 above!!

-Brad

MaryB
08-05-2014, 10:32 PM
$80 more coming from me for a cleaning mat auction, soon as I get the money order I will forward it. Thanks To the auction winners for stepping up and donating!

I sent Rich a PayPal payment of $1000 last night. Still funds coming in and more is needed folk!

Donations can be made to :

lkydvl@hotmail.com

Thank you all for your generosity. Rich was very moved . Lets get him "MOVED" further shall we?

Andre`

lkydvl
08-06-2014, 12:25 PM
Well, my For Sale thread was deleted, but I sold 6 SFRB's of linotype and declared one of the sales would be donated to Mooseman. The M.O. got to me yesterday, cashed it today and so just now sent a gift via Paypal. Thanks to the 6 people who purchased the lino, I'll call it that you each donated $5 to Rich :)

"You sent a payment for $30.00 USD to Lakes Potential and Abilities."

I sure hope that's you, lkydvl, because I copied the email address from your post 2 above!!

-Brad

Yes, that's me...

Bo1
08-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Bump for a good cause

lkydvl
08-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Need a followup on the 357 Maximum brass auction... Winner thinks he got too much brass!

How's that for showqing the spirit of this place!

Would the original owner auctioneer please contact him and sort this out? I can find the thread anylonger.

Andre`

Love Life
08-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Is he opening a gunshop or gunsmithing services where he is going?

osteodoc08
08-11-2014, 10:21 PM
Out of curiosity, Do we have a tally? Where do we stand on the money needed to be raised?

MaryB
08-12-2014, 04:00 AM
Another $80 headed your way in 2 days, soon as it deposits into my account so I can forward it!

Mooseman
08-12-2014, 06:43 PM
I want to thank all of you for helping me in this major move south, I am deeply moved by the help.
I will be going to work with S&M Gunsmithing in Sawyer, Ok. as soon as I get settled in. I plan on also doing tractor and small engine repair / outboards, etc. as a sideline and building BP cannons, and boolit mold repair.
Rich

Brother Bob
08-12-2014, 07:40 PM
You know we love you brother. Looking forward to seeing your sorry self back here in God's Country! That's Oklahoma for the rest of you! LOL!

cpileri
08-12-2014, 10:02 PM
Blush.

This is a great forum. the only one i have ever donated to and its because of the members. So it was no prob to buy some auction items.

Now really, i just dont want to be a "taker"- if I am holding brass that is supposed to be someone else's, then i want to make it right. If it really was intentional...well... that just reinforces my belief that this is a great bunch of people.

C-

Need a followup on the 357 Maximum brass auction... Winner thinks he got too much brass!

How's that for showqing the spirit of this place!

Would the original owner auctioneer please contact him and sort this out? I can find the thread anylonger.

Andre`

lkydvl
08-15-2014, 10:38 AM
Donations have slowed way down...I have a few hundred here from checks mailed to me and maybe a couple more from pending auction payments or PayPal donations.

We made the server goal, and then some, in less time. Lets put some more effort into this shall we?

Andre`