PDA

View Full Version : New Death Penalty Law now in Nevada for fruit larceny

Just Duke
07-20-2014, 09:19 AM
After three years I finally caught who was stealing my Apricots.
It was a Rat!!!
I'm asking the jury what verdict to deliver.
Actually Barbie saw him gnawing on her flowers.

Mike in TX
07-20-2014, 09:22 AM
Don't leak this to the politicians. They will want you to feed, clothe, educate and love the rodent. As for me DEATH to the thief.

Just Duke
07-20-2014, 09:24 AM
I have three stripped trees and the fourth one the leaves are now completely gone and dead.

Just Duke
07-20-2014, 09:25 AM
Don't leak this to the politicians. They will want you to feed, clothe, educate and love the rodent. As for me DEATH to the thief.

But I'm not in California.

skeet1
07-20-2014, 09:28 AM
DUKE NUKEM (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?4107-DUKE-NUKEM),
I hope that it is not some endangered species of rat. The govt. might insist that you keep feeding him with your fruit and provide him with new housing and medical insurance.

Ken

fryboy
07-20-2014, 09:29 AM
finish the word "democ..." .... aye they'd be wanting to protect their own , who knows words to the local so called chinese buffet may end your problem for you ( after all the meat on the "rat on a stick" has to come from someplace ....:P ) :bigsmyl2:

one also has to consider that like those politicians the culprit surely isnt alone ( so good luck getting the nest as well ! )

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
07-20-2014, 09:53 AM
Sounds like traps are in order to gather the entire immigrant family together, so you can feed, house and give medical care to them per our fearless leadership.

MrWolf
07-20-2014, 09:59 AM
Good luck with that if it is anything like the what we have in NJ:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2009/02/union_rat_is_protected_as_free.html

Just Duke
07-20-2014, 10:02 AM
I'm thinking possibly live capture and sending him back to Sacramento where he came from.
They have a pretty healthy rat infestation there so he will be with his legislative brothers.

smokeywolf
07-20-2014, 10:09 AM
Don't shoot him with a lead boolit. If he's then eaten by a vulture and that vulture flies to California, they may trace the ballistics back to you and go after you for hunting with lead.

smokeywolf

Just Duke
07-20-2014, 10:13 AM
Don't shoot him with a lead boolit. If he's then eaten by a vulture and that vulture flies to California, they may trace the ballistics back to you and go after you for hunting with lead.

smokeywolf

They don't cross into NV anymore. A bunch of us got together and scattered cupcakes at the border so that stops them cold. Reason I know this is we have met a lot of cup cakes from CA. set aside the San Fran crowd and they are always in search of other cup cakes.
Present company excluded though.

smokeywolf
07-20-2014, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the exception Duke. Don't the cupcakes cause Harry Reid an insatiable desire to move toward the border.

762 shooter
07-20-2014, 11:28 AM
OFF WITH HIS HEAD !!!!!

OR FIRING SQUAD.

His choice.

Mumblypeg
07-20-2014, 11:34 AM
I'm sure he is just a member of a much larger gang... there will be more... stay ready.

NewbieDave007
07-20-2014, 12:08 PM
Avoid the jury and the 20+ years of living on death row. Make him "disappear".

lbaize3
07-20-2014, 01:12 PM
Illegal immigrant! Send him to Obama. He'll know what to do.

obssd1958
07-20-2014, 01:24 PM
Use the Idaho solution - shoot, shovel, shut up!!

Hardcast416taylor
07-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Now if you had settled here in Michigan you wouldn`t have a problem with apricot trees being stripped, flowers maybe. A .22 LR or .410 usually solves the problem out here in "cow country".Robert

nhrifle
07-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Might I suggest you peruse the offerings in the Armalite product line, paying particular attention the the AR30 and AR50 models?

Just Duke
07-20-2014, 03:59 PM
Might I suggest you peruse the offerings in the Armalite product line, paying particular attention the the AR30 and AR50 models?

The AR-50 with an 850 grain cast should do the trick. Now that I'm thinking about it a second or third follow up shot if he charges would better with like say a Barrett.

Just Duke
07-20-2014, 04:06 PM
This will be my first dangerous game safari so wish me luck guys. I have contacted two other PH's as back up shooters.
If I can't get a hold of them it will just me on my own in the blazing desert mono a mono.

btroj
07-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Shoot enough and you can make a new coat for your mother in law.

Just Duke
07-20-2014, 04:13 PM
My mother in law is from Oregon so the women don't shave there. I could knit an 8'X10' buffalo rug with the old war wagon.

btroj
07-20-2014, 04:15 PM
I sure hope your wife was adopted.....

Just Duke
07-20-2014, 04:18 PM
I sure hope your wife was adopted.....

She was raised by wolves..........

btroj
07-20-2014, 04:20 PM
Good to know, I can sleep sound tonight.

Just Duke
07-20-2014, 04:22 PM
Good to know, I can sleep sound tonight.

Here's where my mother in law went missing in Puget Sound. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?215428-My-Mother-In-Law-has-gone-missing-in-Puget-Sound

Pb2au
07-20-2014, 04:35 PM
I suggest to you that you consider the use of some sort of belt fed firearm. Rats are some nasty pieces of work. As soon as they find a source of free chow, they won't give it up without a fight. We used to get them invading the barns where we kept feed for the cows when I was a wee lad. Dad set me up with a shovel to smite them when we cleaned the feed bins. I later graduated to rifles for long range engagements.
hmmm,, one could definitely see a parallel between rats and certain members of government, chronic welfare abusers, etc, etc, etc,

say the word Duke and I will hop a train your way loaded to the gills with heavy ordinance. I seriously hate rats with a passion.

Minerat
07-20-2014, 04:41 PM
Use the Idaho solution - shoot, shovel, shut up!!

+1 the 3S solution.

Just Duke
07-20-2014, 04:41 PM
I suggest to you that you consider the use of some sort of belt fed firearm. Rats are some nasty pieces of work. As soon as they find a source of free chow, they won't give it up without a fight. We used to get them invading the barns where we kept feed for the cows when I was a wee lad. Dad set me up with a shovel to smite them when we cleaned the feed bins. I later graduated to rifles for long range engagements.
hmmm,, one could definitely see a parallel between rats and certain members of government, chronic welfare abusers, etc, etc, etc,

say the word Duke and I will hop a train your way loaded to the gills with heavy ordinance. I seriously hate rats with a passion.

I just got off the phone with some old contacts at Nellis and have coordinated simultaneous air strikes with China Lake. Word from the CCE they will be dropping WP danger close. Myself I have not yet seen a squadron of F-22 Raptors in air to surface combat.
If my calculations are correct the strike including ordinance for a five day sortie should talley up to 1/2 of what they spent brow beating some stove up old man at the Bundy Ranch.

Just curious did you loose any appendages during CQB with the Rodentia?

Pb2au
07-20-2014, 05:25 PM
Nope, all digits and limbs accounted for. They do carry a wicked bite loaded with every form of bacterial nastiness one could imagine.
when engaging the rodentia enemy at distance, the slower, hollow pointed lead projectile was my armament of choice. Specifically, .22" in diameter, rim fire ignition. The fast loadings would do the job, but zip through occasionally. The slower hollow point ordinance would smack them to a stop quickly.
The percussive attacks with Mrk IV shovel always worked when contact was made, but your reaction time had to be good, as well as delivery speed.

Ed Barrett
07-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Lead sleeping pill, one per varmint.

aspangler
07-20-2014, 06:10 PM
All joking aside, I had an infestation here at the dog lot. I found some " ASSAULT" at a local farm store. Dogs can eat it and won't hurt them. Rats are a different thing. If an animal can throw up they will be OK. A rat can't so they get poisoned. It is a nerve poison so it works pretty fast. Try it if you can find it. Another would be " Just One Bite". Hope you get rid of those critters.

xs11jack
07-20-2014, 10:07 PM
Just so you know, rats are politicians in training.
Ole Jack

MaryB
07-20-2014, 10:40 PM
Aww give the poor rats a chance and use this http://www.amazon.com/M48-Self-Cocking-80-Lb-Crossbow-Pistol/dp/B00AXABJWA

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61ORpMPGq4L._SL1500_.jpg

Bzcraig
07-21-2014, 12:10 AM
You guys don't know Duke very well. I'm sure he pulled two beautiful 45's from a very fine hand tooled exotic leather holster that hangs near the back door on a handmade coat/hat rack of well seasoned tamarack stained with special organic pigments. He then corralled the little beggar built a fine gallows which he leaves in a very obvious place for all other trespassers to see and being the gentleman he is allowed the lovely Barbie to have the honors. Or maybe the rat just got away.

crazy mark
07-21-2014, 12:26 AM
One of the doxies found a rat by the creek. It was executed by the time I got there. Good doggie....

Just Duke
07-21-2014, 02:20 AM
One of the doxies found a rat by the creek. It was executed by the time I got there. Good doggie....

I love dogs.

Mooseman
07-21-2014, 02:52 AM
There are so many unemployed dogs now they are doing the work of Cats...

gwpercle
07-21-2014, 03:52 PM
Three Years! It took Three years to catch him?
My solution to rodent problems is Decon Rat Chow ( just put it out , they will do the rest). I also keep a few hungry cats around. They do a good job of keeping the vermin at bay. And they take care of a humane execution and disposal, if hungry.
Gary

DougGuy
07-21-2014, 04:13 PM
Oh no you must use the technology we have at hand! We take the same approach in dealing with the critters that would drop in on our gardening efforts to gain a free handout. You get a Harbor Freight wireless ding dong driveway alarm and you set it in a strategic location, even mounted to the tree is permissible and you wait until it goes off and you traipse out to your afore scouted shooting station with the rifle of choice and you take the critter out.

We had a cat once, called "Whitefoot" well, because he had white feet. He was a very clever and super experienced hunter and slayer of rats. When we would bush hog the pecan orchard, he would follow the bush hog and catch rats, snakes, any unlucky thing that moved was fair game. He was bada$$. Once the field was bush hogged, we would have to go around the base of each tree with yo yo's and kaiser blades and trim off the brush and tall grass the bush hog could not get. On one occasion, Whitefoot accompanied me in this task which he always did, but he did something I have never known or seen a cat do. He used ME to hunt with!

He perched himself at the ready just inches away from where I was attacking knee high grasses with the kaiser blade, and he stayed frozen in place as I worked my way around the tree, knowing if there was a rat in there that I was going to force it out and he was right there waiting. I got about 2/3 of the way around and one broke cover and ran for it's life. Whitefoot was on it in a flash, grabbing it in his jaws and immediately returning to his post to await another one to run out. at 3/4 of the way around, another rat made a break for it and sure enough, Whitefoot was all over him in less than 3 feet of travel. Here he is, with two live rats clenched in his teeth, right back where he was when we started, the blade swinging so close to his face grasses were hitting him all over, he just squinted his eyes and didn't MOVE! When the third rat made his run for it. He jumped on that one and had it down in his paws, and was trying to figure out how to get all 3 of them in his teeth.. Whitefoot = 3, rats = 0.

rsrocket1
07-22-2014, 12:24 AM