PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Impact .22 at Wal-Mart

huntrick64
07-19-2014, 09:39 PM
Just picked this up at Wal-Mart and am quite impressed. I would rather it NOT have fiber optic sights but since I mounted the scope, it won't matter anyway. I cleaned the gun as good as I could without disassembly. I used Ezox because I have has so much success with it on my other firearms. The barrel was filthy and took about 30 patches to get it clean.

My first look at accuracy with this gun was the first 10 pellets fired out of the box. I was shooting about 20 feet and at a tin can. Most of the time it would hit the edge of one of the previous shots. I cleaned the barrel again and today fired setting down at 40 feet resting on my bent knee. The groups were averaging under an inch but as I approached 150 pellets they started shrinking. My last three shots were 3/8 inch CTC. For a little over $100, this is an awesome machine!

HARRYMPOPE
07-19-2014, 09:52 PM
there are lot of very inexpensive pelllet guns out now that shoot very very well.my only knock on them is generally the triggers are not very good.I am with you and I really do not care for fiber optic sights in a rifle.the sights they used to put on the RWS 34 really gave a nice sight picture compared to the fiber optics they have now.