PDA

View Full Version : Microlon

tding
01-22-2008, 11:38 AM
Has anyone used "Microlon Gun Juice" on their molds? I searched the forum and did not find any previous reference which claims to coat the mold to prevent gauling.

Are they blowing smoke or does the product really work?

felix
01-22-2008, 11:48 AM
I've used their (his) Microlon products when shooting BR. The "inventor" came up with this stuff to keep his toy 17 calibers from fouling so badly, so I decided to go this route rather than go to moly. Well, not really, because the moly idea did not come out until much later than the 17's popularity. Long story short, it does work, but not significantly enough to continue its use. I still have some of his first-up formula. So, in conclusion, check it out, whatever it is now, on your application and tell us your conclusions. ... felix

Be careful with this stuff for a mold application. Should that stuff get down into the micro-cracks of the mold like it is intended to do, and then starts to "boil" after a while during use, your boolits will end up having micro-bubble-holes. That won't hurt accuracy if and when these holes are uniformly random in distribution and in sizes. ... felix

mroliver77
01-22-2008, 04:09 PM
I just hate it when I get micro bubbles in my boolits!!

Wayne Smith
01-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Well, no, from what Felix said only micro bubbles on the surface. Micro freckles, maybe? Hey, could the golf ball dimple effect increase the BC of our boolits??

Ricochet
01-22-2008, 08:26 PM
I read the thread topic as "Microcolon." Thought it would be on someone's medical troubles.

38 Super Auto
01-22-2008, 08:35 PM
I just hate it when I get micro bubbles in my boolits!!

I used to get the micro-bubbles alot. I think they were caused by infintessimal perturbations, resulting in localized micro-plasma, which led to...

You guessed it - micro bubbles.

I don't have them since the doctor prescribed a soothing ointment :-D

HORNET
01-22-2008, 08:56 PM
I thought that micro-bubbles came from the beers from the microbreweries?? Come to think of it, is this like the "Tiny Bubbles in the Wine"?