PDA

View Full Version : I'm leaving the forum for awhile...

Love Life
07-15-2014, 04:37 PM
This forum has changed. Just a couple of years ago I got an infraction and I am still mad about it. Because of that, I am leaving the forum for awhile because all the mods are trolls. Did I leave anything out?

Not really. :bigsmyl2:

Well kind of not really. I may be off for awhile, but it has nothing to do with the forum. I will soon be hitting the road for a cross country road trip and may not be available all the time if anybody is trying to get in touch.

Thank you,
Dick

Magana559
07-15-2014, 04:39 PM
LOL Happy trails!

Hickory
07-15-2014, 04:40 PM
Bike, car or truck?

Love Life
07-15-2014, 04:40 PM
Truck and SUV. Uncle Sugar has decreed that my services are needed in my home state of Georgia.

fivegunner
07-15-2014, 04:41 PM
Have a great safe trip, see you later.:bigsmyl2:

TenTea
07-15-2014, 04:44 PM
Be Well...

starmac
07-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Have a safe trip. I'm sweating just thinking about Georgia this time of year.

Pb2au
07-15-2014, 04:46 PM
Safe travels!
Let us know you arrived safe and sound.

TES
07-15-2014, 04:49 PM
Georgia...? What part?

M-Tecs
07-15-2014, 04:49 PM
We want pictures of all the nice taco stands you encounter. Travel safe.

Pb2au
07-15-2014, 04:54 PM
Poor Love Life,
moving from the land of no humidity to the land of all humidity........... I hope he doesn't mildew.

country gent
07-15-2014, 04:56 PM
Love Life a Safe trip and smooth travels. May you enjoy all that is offered and accomplish what you set out to. May the roads be smooth the air clean and crisp and travels easy

Artful
07-15-2014, 04:57 PM
Drive carefully - remember there are other people out there that drive even worse than me :mrgreen:

If your coming thru Phoenix, AZ and need something call me.

jcwit
07-15-2014, 04:57 PM
Best to You and yours for the trip.

Remember Uncle Sugar decrees you may not roll your sleeves up. Keep those arms covered.

John Allen
07-15-2014, 05:13 PM
Dick, have a good trip. Safe travels.

onceabull
07-15-2014, 05:23 PM
Travel safe,endeavor to persevere... Glad I had the opportunity to meet you in person... Onceabull

btroj
07-15-2014, 05:39 PM
Have a safe trip Dick.

Don't forget that without witnesses and photos it never happened......

DougGuy
07-15-2014, 05:52 PM
If yer rollin' through Louisiana on I-10 be sure you get you some boudin, can find it all along the I-10 Corridor from the TX border to Slidell.. Scott and Carenco are your friendly capital cities of boudin!

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-15-2014, 05:59 PM
I hope you and yours have a safe trip.

07-15-2014, 06:14 PM
Enjoy our great country's magnificent scenery, and have a safe trip.

dragon813gt
07-15-2014, 06:44 PM
I knew you were a quitter. I guess that wound has been festering for a long time ;)

Have a safe trip. Sorry to hear that you have to move to Georgia. The humidity is bad this far north. I don't visit friends that live in GA because of the humidity and the state bird.....mosquitos.

Blammer
07-15-2014, 07:03 PM
with high humidity, you need to oil your firearms regular like.

Hogtamer
07-15-2014, 07:16 PM
LL - I was kinda ugly to you once and would like to make amends. Not headed to Ft. Gordon by any chance are you??? I got pigs, shotguns, and BIG LEAD to go with the heat and humidity. Hurry up and get here. Not Ft. Benning I hope, but still can work something out? Hal

Reg
07-15-2014, 07:35 PM
Just get over it and get a small lap top and hit a few KOA;s that have wi-fi from time to time. Safe trip !!!

TheCelt
07-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Safe journey Dick, I'll miss you posts. Still shootin the stuffin out of that LC brass!!!

fatelk
07-15-2014, 08:45 PM
Infraction? You got an infraction?! I ain't never got an infraction! How come I didn't get one? Where's my infraction? How come I don't have an infraction?!? No FAIR! (what's an infraction?)

Sorry, just trying to be funny, maybe stir up some drama (not!)

Best wishes for a safe and uneventful move, hope it all goes well!

357maximum
07-15-2014, 09:33 PM
Have a safe trip Dick.

Don't forget that without witnesses and photos it never happened......

Damn your FUNNY-FU is getting strong Brad :lol:

Have a safe trip/move Dick, don't forget the gunoil.

btroj
07-15-2014, 09:34 PM
Gunoil? Heck, I think he will sweat Gunoil after he starts eating enough biscuits and gravy.

I wonder if he will type with an accent soon?

Love Life
07-15-2014, 09:39 PM
Gunoil? Heck, I think he will sweat Gunoil after he starts eating enough biscuits and gravy.

I wonder if he will type with an accent soon?

Shoot. I already called my cousin and set up our first date!!

btroj
07-15-2014, 09:40 PM
Be careful with that, I got a nasty email from a member from Alabama for saying that once. Seems they don't have a sense of humor down south.

Drive safe

Love Life
07-15-2014, 09:44 PM
There is a sense of humor down south, but southerners can be a bit prickly at times over certain subjects.

Like the one time I mentioned watching cars drive in circles for hours was for the birds.

dragon813gt
07-15-2014, 09:46 PM
Like the one time I mentioned watching cars drive in circles for hours was for the birds.

Shots fired!

btroj
07-15-2014, 09:46 PM
Yeah, they get testy of you insult Nascar, bass fishing, deer hunting, or cousin dating. Seems some things are like religion.

I need to ask my Mother in law about that, she is from the south.

Sweetpea
07-15-2014, 09:47 PM
There is a sense of humor down south, but southerners can be a bit prickly at times over certain subjects.

Reminds me of this story I once heard, involves the Kama Sutra and Nascar...

Sweetpea
07-15-2014, 09:47 PM
And their deer are dog-sized...

Love Life
07-15-2014, 09:48 PM
I have said that before. I've had many a good time culling deer in Georgia.

btroj
07-15-2014, 09:52 PM
And they still use a 300 Win Mag......

Love Life
07-15-2014, 09:52 PM
LL - I was kinda ugly to you once and would like to make amends. Not headed to Ft. Gordon by any chance are you??? I got pigs, shotguns, and BIG LEAD to go with the heat and humidity. Hurry up and get here. Not Ft. Benning I hope, but still can work something out? Hal

Consider all amended. Much gets lost in translation on the internet. I have kin in Aonia, Washington, and Athens Ga. I'll be down in Albany. Lordy I am not looking forward to the humidy or bugs again. However, I am looking forward to ceiling fans and Central Cooling and Heat. Oh, and hardwood for fires and cooking. Lets see...what else...cat fishing, bass fishing, tree rat hunting, and many more things.

Oh, and REAL SWEET TEA!!!

I will miss Nevada greatly though. This state would be absolutely heaven if we could trade vegas for Mono county, ceiling fans were more popular, and there was sweet tea.

I also need to find me one of them Mexican stores for my south of the border food fix.

Love Life
07-15-2014, 09:54 PM
And they still use a 300 Win Mag......

And miss!!! I don't step foot on public lands in Georgia during hunting season. When I go out exploring on private property I am dressed like a HI-Lighter.

My favorite sound of hunting season: BLAM....BLAM,BLAM,BLAM,BLAM!!!!!

btroj
07-15-2014, 09:58 PM
Missouri isn't any better. Gravel roads that normally see 10 cars a day get 30 before sunrise on opening day. Road hunters scare me.

yancey
07-15-2014, 10:02 PM
Yeah, they get testy of you insult Nascar, bass fishing, deer hunting, or cousin dating. Seems some things are like religion.

I need to ask my Mother in law about that, she is from the south.

You mean they're not ?

:bigsmyl2:

Bad Water Bill
07-15-2014, 10:11 PM
IIRC there will be 3 1/2 of you heading for Ga.

Please drive carefully and pay extra attention to the ones in the other vehicle.

I will be sweating it out every day till you are safely at your new location.[smilie=s:

Over 50+ years ago I was charged by wild hogs several times driving from OK to GA and I am sure they have multiplied since then.

dragon813gt
07-15-2014, 10:16 PM
I am confused about ceiling fans. Why would they not have them in Nevada. They're in every room in the house, some have two. And I even have them on both front and back porches. Do they not sell them out west?

Love Life
07-15-2014, 10:17 PM
Just not a big thing. Plus swamp coolers in one room only partially cool the house. I wonder why more swap coolers are not roof mounted. Small quirks though and I'd live with the forever to stay here.

762 shooter
07-15-2014, 10:19 PM
Sweet tea, Chick-Fil-A, chiggers, grits, cicadas, tree frogs, humidity, friendly people, fire ants, poison ivy, deer flies, 5 month deer season, Dukes mayo, lightening bugs, barbeque, catfish and shrimp,...... to name a few.

Love Life
07-15-2014, 10:23 PM
Washington Market barbeque and stew.

Hogtamer
07-15-2014, 10:27 PM
You know it's pronounced ALLBEENY in Ga. Down there next to Cairo...of course pronounced KARO. Aonia? Here are a couple of former greater Aonia residents...went to HS in Washington...who's your kin there? Do they claim you?

Love Life
07-15-2014, 10:30 PM
You went to high school at WWCHS? Holy smokes. Was Mr. Lance your chemistry teacher?

dragon813gt
07-15-2014, 10:35 PM
Just not a big thing. Plus swamp coolers in one room only partially cool the house. I wonder why more swap coolers are not roof mounted. Small quirks though and I'd live with the forever to stay here.

You want to work on a unit on the roof? Roof mounted units require cranes or some type of lifting device to get them there. I don't mind rooftop units commercially. Residentially they suck. It's bad enough that builders here aren't putting them on the ground anymore. They are bolting braces to the foundations and raising the units off the ground a few feet. I should not need to pull a ladder off my truck to work on your condenser :mad:

Hogtamer
07-15-2014, 10:36 PM
Willard himself. Played football there, graduated 1971

Stonecrusher
07-15-2014, 10:37 PM
Georgians have a wonderful sense of humor. Ever hear of Jimmy Carter?

Love Life
07-15-2014, 10:38 PM
Yes, Willard Lance. Mr. Lance went to school with my grandfather, taught my mother and father, and taught me.

Did you know Higdon Hoyt?

Sweetpea
07-15-2014, 10:43 PM
You want to work on a unit on the roof? Roof mounted units require cranes or some type of lifting device to get them there. I don't mind rooftop units commercially. Residentially they suck. It's bad enough that builders here aren't putting them on the ground anymore. They are bolting braces to the foundations and raising the units off the ground a few feet. I should not need to pull a ladder off my truck to work on your condenser :mad:

Just a WAG, but you probably have never worked on a swamp cooler...

When they are on the roof, and especially ducted throughout the house, they work pretty well.

The downside is, they do add humidity.

I only have A/C here, and thus no humidity, no rust!

dragon813gt
07-15-2014, 10:46 PM
Just a WAG, but you probably have never worked on a swamp cooler...

When they are on the roof, and especially ducted throughout the house, they work pretty well.

Swamp coolers are completely worthless here. Econmizers barely work because the climate isn't right for them. I was talking about any rooftop mounted HVAC equipment in a residential application. It's all a pain to get to and ends up costing the end user more money because we spend more time on the job. I was in no way talking about how swamp coolers work.

Love Life
07-15-2014, 10:48 PM
If I ever move to SE PA, I will ensure I get my AC put on the roof.

Hogtamer
07-15-2014, 10:49 PM
Man, that makes me feel old. Higdon Hoyt, the name's familiar but can't place him. Ate supper with some old friends from Washington last Saturday. Wilkes County was beautiful country back in those days. Oh yeah, totaled an International Scout in '74 on a tree in the yard of a house next to Aonia church on the Thomson highway.

Love Life
07-15-2014, 10:56 PM
Mr. Hoyt lived on Pecan Street and had the coolest stuff for a young boy to play with. Gold bearing rock, shark jaws, too many tools to name, and he always had fresh catfish. He drove an orange Chevrolet truck.

I don't know what Wilkes County looked like back then, but it and Washington are still great places. I am very much looking forward to darkening the doorway of Boots Gunter's gun shop again. Always had a good time in there and he never had a issue letting a young man drool over the pocket knife display.

Sweetpea
07-15-2014, 11:04 PM
Swamp coolers are completely worthless here. Econmizers barely work because the climate isn't right for them. I was talking about any rooftop mounted HVAC equipment in a residential application. It's all a pain to get to and ends up costing the end user more money because we spend more time on the job. I was in no way talking about how swamp coolers work.

The point was, no large or heavy parts to replace...

Around here, 99% of homes have the air unit in the attic... Believe me, that makes the roof mounted ones seem like a breeze!

TXGunNut
07-15-2014, 11:06 PM
Be safe in your travels, my friend. And if you make it to my neck of the woods I know where to get both kinds of Mexican food, your choice.

Hogtamer
07-15-2014, 11:09 PM
Went in there last year to say hello to Boots. Kettle Creek Arms. I worked there part time when he opened 42 years ago. There was an old guy who worked there named Tony Sireca that got me started in reloading.

MBTcustom
07-15-2014, 11:12 PM
LL I sure hope you have a safe trip, and if you get a chance to swing in on your way, please do! It's much easier to troll members when they are face to face LOL!

Speaking of which, you should bring your rifle with you. Since you wont be needing it in the swamp, I have a nice twice bore shotgun here with hardly any rust that will be all you need over there. Trade you straight across with 3 goats to boot.
Bwahahahaha!

Love Life
07-15-2014, 11:18 PM
Make it 3 pygmy goats, throw in a cantaloupe, and you have a deal!!

TXGunNut
07-15-2014, 11:21 PM
Make it 3 pygmy goats, throw in a cantaloupe, and you have a deal!!

Cantaloupes are almost ripe, better hurry.

Love Life
07-15-2014, 11:21 PM
Went in there last year to say hello to Boots. Kettle Creek Arms. I worked there part time when he opened 42 years ago. There was an old guy who worked there named Tony Sireca that got me started in reloading.

Yep. Great place indeed. I bought my 1st rifle at Mark Walker's pawn shop when I turned 18. It was a M48A 8mm mauser in very fine shape for $88 out the door. I still have that rifle and shoot it for fun. Tends to beat on me a little on longer range sessions.

Washington sure has changed since my early days, but much of what made it a great place is still there.

NewbieDave007
07-15-2014, 11:51 PM
Safe travels LL.

Larry Gibson
07-15-2014, 11:55 PM
If ya get out this way give us a shout.

Larry Gibson

waksupi
07-16-2014, 12:00 AM
Ah, Georgia in July. What more could a man ask for?

leeggen
07-16-2014, 12:12 AM
L.L.,if you go deer hunting in Ga. just look a little lower in the weeds for them. The deer in the south aren't quite as big as out west. Just think of a watriler size.
Safe travel to ya, and if you come near Dale Hollw Lake in Tn let me know the door will be unlocked. Oh and we have our own shooting range too, only 300 yd but fun.

CD

jmort
07-16-2014, 12:21 AM
"Ah, Georgia in July. What more could a man ask for?"

Northern Nevada in July? I'm thinking in the fullness of time you will be back out west. I could never feel at home east of the Rockies.

dragon813gt
07-16-2014, 06:21 AM
If I ever move to SE PA, I will ensure I get my AC put on the roof.

Figures, I had you pegged as that type of guy ;) Climate is close to GA except we don't have the huge assortment of bugs and it gets cooler quicker. You'd feel right at home :laugh:

searcher4851
07-16-2014, 10:36 AM
Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

GLL
07-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Ah, Georgia in July. What more could a man ask for?

Chigger repellant ! :)

My great-grandmother use to spayed all of us kids on the legs with a kerosene/sulfur mixture ! It is amazing none of us caught on fire ! It worked though !

Jerry

garym1a2
07-16-2014, 11:23 AM
Dating cousins is a sign of a native born Georgian.

Shoot. I already called my cousin and set up our first date!!

garym1a2
07-16-2014, 11:27 AM
Better to put the AC unit on the Roof in the South, it makes them hard to steal.
We lost two of them before putting a cage on the third.

The point was, no large or heavy parts to replace...

Around here, 99% of homes have the air unit in the attic... Believe me, that makes the roof mounted ones seem like a breeze!

dragon813gt
07-16-2014, 01:43 PM
Better to put the AC unit on the Roof in the South, it makes them hard to steal.
We lost two of them before putting a cage on the third.

That's just a deterrent. There was an organized group in this area that was going around at night w/ a crane and flatbed trucks. They were picking commercial rooftop units off of businesses. There is a lot more scrap value because of how big the units are. And they are never secured to the roof. You can disconnect the electrical and gas in about five minutes if they don't come up through the unit. Then you just lift them off and place them on the flatbed. They eventually got caught because they didn't spread the scrap out across enough yards. They were smart enough to make sure no pieces w/ model and serial number were taken to the yards.

w5pv
07-16-2014, 02:21 PM
Enjoy your road trip

cobbmtmac
07-16-2014, 03:13 PM
Hey Love Life!

May the best of everything come your way! I want to say, my guess, it will be hard for you to stay away, look at the stir you have caused, by moving a couple of thousand miles, and that does not put you out of touch. This will be 77 or more Posts since you gave mention. I know folks here enjoy you're involvement, I sure do! It was great to meet you at the Nevada Cast Boolit Shoot two or three years back!

Sincerely,

PS, 7/17 ....Thank you for your SERVICE!

Love Life
07-23-2014, 03:36 AM
Thank you for all the kind words and well wishing! I rolled into Huntsville, AL about 20 minutes ago. I'll rest for 2 days (and head to Larry's pistol and pawn) and then hit the final leg to Georgia.

Uncle Jim
07-23-2014, 07:24 AM
Safe Travels my friend!

Dean D.
07-23-2014, 04:18 PM
Best wishes for a safe and uneventful trip Dick! Thanks again for your service to our country.

Wis. Tom
07-23-2014, 04:59 PM
Stay safe out there, and hope to hear back soon, as I always enjoyed your posts. Take care.

Jupiter7
07-23-2014, 05:10 PM
Have nice trip LL!

quilbilly
07-23-2014, 10:49 PM
Don't be a stranger! Keep in touch!