PDA

View Full Version : Getting to hate Gun Broker

fastfire
07-14-2014, 03:23 PM
Trying to log on today, Can't get on.
Tried to contact customer support, BUT you have to be logged on to do that.[smilie=b:

They have NO phone support!

TenTea
07-14-2014, 03:27 PM
Try getting them to help change a password without losing all your feedback history...

After numerous attempts with customer service (it's just a name), the only way to do it is make a new username and start from scratch as a zero.

Helluva way to run a railroad!

That being said, I have had almost exclusively positive experiences with buyers and sellers there.

abunaitoo
07-14-2014, 04:23 PM
I used to win lots of things on gunbroker.
Used to sell some too.
One thing that I never liked is the 15 minute rule.
To me you put in a bid, auction ends, you win if your's is the higest, you lose if not.
I've missed out on a few buys because of this stupid rule. I've never player the game by bidding higher.

brtelec
07-14-2014, 04:40 PM
This rule is great for the seller crappy for the buyer. It all depends on which side of the sale you are on. I have bought and sold a number of things on Gunbroker and have been very pleased with the way things have been for me on there over the last 6 years or so.

I do agree that when it comes to buying on any auction site. I place my max bid first time and if someone wants it more than I do, they can have it. As a seller though, there is nothing I love more than people that can not let go and feel determined to out bid each other. They are my favorites, god love 'em.

fastfire
07-14-2014, 04:44 PM
Was able to email them by way of advertising email.
They sent me a message to read the support issue, Problem is, I CAN'T LOGON!
BUT you have to be logged on to READ SUPPORT ISSUES....................

doc1876
07-14-2014, 04:54 PM
why don't you let one of us buy it for you, and then when the obammers what to know what we are doing breaking the law, we can say "lost the email, don't know what you are talking about willis."

cpileri
07-14-2014, 06:02 PM
GB isnt my favorite either.
I never get notifications which has led to a host of problems like no notice of when i won an auction. so i got suspended. then many years later, I get suspended for lack of activity. OK, so i dont use it much so i dont really miss it.
But it is the only place to get Hornady Critical Defense 22 Magnum right now.
Eh, just saying...
C-

jmort
07-14-2014, 06:04 PM
Nothing but good with my 10 Gun Broker deals. Sorry for your trouble. I would write them via priority mail with your email address and problem/complaint.

If you have any questions about our privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact us at the following address.

GunBroker.com, LLC
PO Box 2511
Kennesaw, GA 30156

GoodOlBoy
07-14-2014, 06:27 PM
I have done business with gunbroker in the past, and the ONE time I had an issue with a seller gunbroker dragged it's feet so long that the issue eventually got solved on the side. IE I found out where the seller's shop was (just over the boarder in Louisiana from me) drove there and had a nice "discussion" with him about the product I had bought and hadn't been delivered. He had a store full of customers who were pretty keen to see what he would do so he coughed up the pistol and we parted amicably. With a little warning on what might happen if he ran into the wrong sort of customer with that kind of "honest mistake". That was almost five years ago. So far gunbroker support still hasn't closed or resolved the "issue" yet. that was my LAST purchase through them. I still look and drool, but I just won't risk business with them anymore. I would rather just work with my local shops and try to get what I need/want that way.

GoodOlBoy

historicfirearms
07-14-2014, 08:13 PM
I had a gunbroker account about five years ago. I'm a pilot and would log onto my account at various airports public computers while waiting to fly. It didn't take long before gunbroker started sending me bills for everyone and their brother. It turns out that they assume that if someone else logs on with the same computer you used, that you must be the same person. I tried a few times to get it straightened out but it was obvious that I was just banging my head against the wall. They lost me as a customer at that point, but five years later they are still sending me bills.

M-Tecs
07-14-2014, 10:31 PM
I have 76 A+ feedbacks on GB and probably double the amount of actual purchases. Not a single problem or issue. I did purchase a couple of guns for cowboy action to cut the barrels and shoot the heck out of. When they came they were way nicer than the pics made them look. Too nice to cut for SASS guns so I did have to find a couple of rats for my cowboy guns.

For selling I go through a friend’s FFL on GB. Close to a hundred sales without issue except for the three MO’s the PO lost.

TXGunNut
07-14-2014, 10:40 PM
Great place for research but never bothered to register. I've run into too many phone/credit card/internet scams to be comfortable buying or selling a gun this way. JMHO of course.

M-Tecs
07-14-2014, 10:45 PM

support@gunbroker.com

https://www.gunbroker.com/User/ForgotPassword.aspx

Enter your email address below, then click the 'Submit' button. If you enter an email address, it must match one of the email addresses currently on record for your account.

Our system will send you instructions via email. Most users will receive this information within 5-15 minutes. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam folder or contact us at: support@gunbroker.com for more help.

fastfire
07-15-2014, 01:28 AM

support@gunbroker.com

https://www.gunbroker.com/User/ForgotPassword.aspx

Enter your email address below, then click the 'Submit' button. If you enter an email address, it must match one of the email addresses currently on record for your account.

Our system will send you instructions via email. Most users will receive this information within 5-15 minutes. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam folder or contact us at: support@gunbroker.com for more help.

I have reset my password 3 times, none have worked.
I did get a email that they were trying to get hold of me. I hit reply added my email and phone#.
They have yet to get ahold of me.

leftiye
07-15-2014, 04:59 AM
I too have quite a few thoroughly enjoyed deals on GB. The one time someone sold me a piece of junk I found out that they don't protect the buyer at all - zero, nada, nuthin'. No customer service either. But they do love to treat you as if you were a sex offender or some other piece of dirt.

500MAG
07-15-2014, 06:08 AM
I used to win lots of things on gunbroker.
Used to sell some too.
To me you put in a bid, auction ends, you win if your's is the higest, you lose if not.
I've missed out on a few buys because of this stupid rule. I've never player the game by bidding higher.
That's the same thing I don't like. Although, I have gotten some pretty good deals in the past.

fastfire
07-15-2014, 12:50 PM
Finally got the issue resolved!

a.squibload
07-15-2014, 08:47 PM
Think GB is bad, try Armslist. Apparently no moderation,
any competitor, basement ninja, or whatever can flag your
listing and get it removed. No accountability, no recourse
but to start over & hope some other ____ doesn't zap
your post.

500MAG
07-16-2014, 06:14 AM
Think GB is bad, try Armslist. Apparently no moderation,
any competitor, basement ninja, or whatever can flag your
listing and get it removed. No accountability, no recourse
but to start over & hope some other ____ doesn't zap
your post.
I have found a lot of scams on Armslist

Powder Burn
07-16-2014, 03:24 PM
Had good and bad luck with GB. Great place to see current value in my endeavor to sell/buy firearms. I am considering listing some M1 Garands for sale on our site to see if there are folks out there that enjoy collecting/shooting these fine weapons.

2ndAmendmentNut
07-16-2014, 03:33 PM
. Personally I like the 15 min rule and think it makes it more like a real auction. As a seller it helps me get the most for the item. As a buyer it makes it so I don't get outbid by 1 cent.

Avery Arms
07-16-2014, 04:08 PM
Gunbroker is not perfect but they are by far the best site around that is dedicated to buying or selling firearms and related items, all the similar auction and classifieds sites that allow such items are a joke. Either they spend nothing on advertising and have no traffic or they run their site like craigs list and have nothing but scammers and idiots trying to sell stuff for twice the normal price.

attrapereves
07-16-2014, 06:17 PM
I haven't really had any bad experiences with GB, but I've had two bad experiences with sellers. Luckily American Express is excellent with chargebacks.

I dislike that GB doesn't have phone support. Their email support is sometimes slow.

NVcurmudgeon
07-17-2014, 02:25 AM
In my limited use of Gunbroker, in which I sold two firearms, bought two firearms and a set of dies, everything has gone like clockwork. Everyone I dealt with whether dealer or "just gun nuts" like me was honest and very communicative. Merchandise purchased was as represented and delivered without damage and timely. Merchandise sold was received without complaint. Feedback received and sent earned the highest. A hint to the unexperienced: I always track sales of the next item I plan to buy or sell to get a feel for what are ACTUAL SALE PRICES ON THE ITEM I HOPE TO SELL OR BUY. Then, and only then do I list my item for sale or the item I hope to buy AND (IN MIND) THE TOP BID I WILL PLACE. No macho contests for this kid!