PDA

View Full Version : Scoooooorrreeee

blademasterii
07-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Just picked up a lb of 4759 from the local gunshop. Been looking for this for almost a year. Several members swear by it as the best powder for the 45 70 in a pistol. Going to have to load some up and give them a shot. :D Need to see about painting the rounds bright green. Zombi whompers. :D Wonder if any of the high temp paints will work or if I need to just get some powdercoat in bright green.

JeffinNZ
07-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Other than no metering well it certainly has a fine reputation.

bangerjim
07-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Forget hi-temp paint. Use powder coating. There are a number of lime green powders available on-line and I think Smoke even sells it on here.

PC will give you protection against leading. Paint is just paint!

bangerjim

blademasterii
07-11-2014, 08:58 PM
I would like to do the powdercoating, but i'm afraid if I set up for one more hobby the wife is going to have a caniption. (at least then i'll know what those look like.) I already have reloading, woodworking, knife making, cooking and my ecig business in the house. And tonight we started tearing apart the kitchen. Going to open up a wall, repaint, move all the cabinets up to touch the ceiling install a vent fan and move/rewire 3 outlets. :D And all this weekend. :D

blaser.306
07-11-2014, 09:03 PM
As far as the caniption fits go , count yourself lucky if you are still only guessing what they look like!!! I have seen a couple of E'm, I beleive the last was over a 45/70 as well on some such nonsense? Once you've seen one you will definately want to avoid causing or being around during any more.

Blacksmith
07-11-2014, 10:01 PM
It is not a new hobby just an extension of an existing hobby. Do it while she is still happy about the kitchen.

500MAG
07-11-2014, 10:11 PM
I would like to do the powdercoating, but i'm afraid if I set up for one more hobby the wife is going to have a caniption. (at least then i'll know what those look like.) I already have reloading, woodworking, knife making, cooking and my ecig business in the house. And tonight we started tearing apart the kitchen. Going to open up a wall, repaint, move all the cabinets up to touch the ceiling install a vent fan and move/rewire 3 outlets. :D And all this weekend. :D
Just tore out our kitchen this week and the cabinet guys started installing today. Worse experience I have ever been thru. They were suppose to start installing Wednesday but the installer said the designer completely screwed up and we had to do a total redesign. My wife is picking out every little thing and it is driving me crazy. Good luck with yours.

blademasterii
07-12-2014, 12:33 AM
I am the cook and the redesign and improvements are my idea, although she isn't complaining too much except the extra work to complete it. I am just moving the existing cheap cabinets, they are only a few years old and still look nice. At some point in the future I will be building my own and installing them instead. It will be a while but I have been looking also at installing copper countertops. It is naturally antiseptic, relatively low cost and truly unique looking. I like the natural low burnished look, but aging and acid washes produce some spectacular results. The vent is a necesesity. I cook on a gas stove and like to cook asian style dishes. Lots of steam lots of smoke. Lots of grease on everything in the kitchen in just a few weeks, hard to clean. I will probably just get the thin copper sheeting and glue it to the existing countertops.

Bad Water Bill
07-12-2014, 12:53 AM
It is not a new hobby just an extension of an existing hobby. Do it while she is still happy about the kitchen AND ALL THE MONEY SPENT THERE.:bigsmyl2:

Fixed it for you Blacksmith.

True words of wisdom from a man with OVER 50 years of survival with just one wife.

That in itself is very impressive.

Now follow his advice or bear your punishment because you failed to pay attention to the wisdom and experience of your elders.

doc1876
07-13-2014, 02:13 PM
back when I used to be married, I was working 2nd shift one time, and I came home. Now I really had to use the can, and I find the toilet in the dining room! I told her my delima, and she said "well I guess you will get the bathroom finished won't you. Lots of reasons she is and ex!