PDA

View Full Version : Cast Boolit and Mold Dimensions Database - Public Spreadsheet

kenn
07-11-2014, 08:52 AM
I've seen numerous posts asking about boolit length, diameter, grains, and so on. I've put together a public spreadsheet on Google Docs that anyone can view. For the time being, I'm going to leave it as public viewable but not public editable as one mistake in data entry or sorting can ruin it. Instead, PM me your data and I'll add it. If you would like to help add data and know how to use Google Docs Calc well, please respond here so people can PM you and pm me your email. I'll send you a link to edit it. The idea here is to collect data about common boolit molds and the actual data about those boolits produced by those molds. Following is a tutorial on how to use the spreadsheet. First, here's what it looks like:

When submitting new data, please try to put in all data if you have it and take the time to create an average across 5 boolits to limit extremes. (Take the total of 5 measurements and divide by 5 to get your average.)

Notice in the picture above the blue circle. There is a tiny drop down menu. Click the drop down and NOT the little funnel looking thing. It will give you this popup:

Choose how you would like to sort it and the view will change. If you want a different method of sorting, PM me and I'll create another filter.

At any time, if Castboolits or anyone else wants to take ownership (and responsibility) for this document, just say the word and it's yours! Obviously if this gets enough momentum, it perhaps needs to be a sticky somewhere.

Here is the link to the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OmQMAWiq7c6o-dlDFjH2GjBO8N0OZQ_zcfU8TQECvMA/edit#gid=0

Please let me know if this is something we should support or if I should move on.