PDA

View Full Version : What a country!

frkelly74
07-08-2014, 04:46 PM
We are not all moved yet but I have taken two trailer loads of my stuff to Florida and have found that it is quite a drive, both ways. We will make one more trip at the end of the month and then change our resident status to Florida. The thing that has impressed me about the most is how rich the country appears to be. I have been here in a kind of depressed area where not much happens for a long time and it has been good for me to get out and see how things are elsewhere. I do not like driving through construction though. I'll be back in a little while.

troyboy
07-08-2014, 04:52 PM
It is hard to appricate the size of this great country until driving from one end to the other. Texas alone is quite a hike and it is 1 of 50

Leslie Sapp
07-08-2014, 10:06 PM
After all our griping (and I do my share) it's good to remember that this is still a great country, and that we should do our utmost to keep it that way.

Where did you wind up in Florida?

tonyjones
07-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Talk about a hike, from Sablne Pass, TX to El Paso, TX is about 850 miles! TJ

Leslie Sapp
07-08-2014, 10:43 PM
Talk about a hike, from Sablne Pass, TX to El Paso, TX is about 850 miles!

Lloyd Bentsen, Texas senator, speaking against the 55 mile an hour speed limit in the 1970's:

"If you start across Texas at 55 MPH, one of two things is going to happen: You're either going to get discouraged and turn back, or you're going to get run over by someone going a lot faster than you are!":-)