PDA

View Full Version : Punches and Dies

dek
01-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Howdy folks. I'm new to the forum and have a question regarding punches and dies for swaging. I have an old CH swaging press w/.44 cal SWC punch and die which I haven't used in 25 years. CH has been out of business for some time and I was looking for .45 FP and .38/357 SWC punches and dies for my press. Question, are punches and dies specific to the mmanfacturers press or common, ie. reloading dies? Who makes and sells them? Fantastic site. Thanks, Dennis

Nueces
01-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Howdy, Dennis, welcome aboard.

Your Swag-O-Matic (I believe) dies have shown up regularly on eBay. I don't know of a source of new ones, other than custom made.

I'm sure some of the swage kings here will chime in.

Mark

45nut
01-20-2008, 06:01 PM
http://www.ch4d.com/ still kicking. welcome aboard !

floodgate
01-20-2008, 06:08 PM
dennis:

I have found that Herters dies for their Super Bullet Maker will work in a C-H Swag-O-Matic (but the CH dies are more common on the used market). C-H/4-D does still have some nose punches in stock; also, Dave at C-H/4-D will make you die sets for the Swag-O-Matic, but they will be a bit over $100, and will take some time. You have to be careful on used ones, because both C-H and Herters (and many others) also made swaging die sets for use in standard reloading presses that are totally different. C-H also still makes and sells the more complex 3-piece #101 (and 2-piece #105) die sets for reloading presses - see their website for MUCH more info.

You can also get die sets of any desired degree of complexity (and price!) from both Dave Corbin (<www.corbins.com>) and his brother Richard Corbin (<www.rceco.com>), as well as presses from the reloader's bench type on up to full-house industrial level production.

Doug