PDA

View Full Version : LEE push-through sizing dies

GLL
07-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Is there a supplier that sells the LEE factory sizing dies (without the lube and plastic tub)?

All I want is the die and punch !

Jerry

rsrocket1
07-04-2014, 09:56 PM
The die and punch are $26 through the Lee website as parts. You still need the locking ring and O-ring. The entire kit lists for $26.98 and can get it for less at other dealers ($18 through Titan Reloading, one of this site's sponsors). Yes, many of us can do without the Alox and plastic tub, but since Lee makes the kits and a lot fewer replacement parts, you might as well "bite the boolit" and buy the whole thing. If you get enough bottles of Alox, you can pay it forward or sell it.

jmort
07-04-2014, 10:00 PM
The kit is so inexpensive, why bother?

bangerjim
07-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Do what I do.

Look around on-line, do NOT buy directly from the Lee site, find the best price for the ENTIRE thing and order it.

Then I throw the ALOX away and size my boolits. I powder coat everything and do not use it at all. The red case is very useful for storage and catching the sized boolits in.

As with ANYTHING, if you buy it as components, you will pay MUCH more than the entire assembly.

banger

500MAG
07-04-2014, 10:20 PM
I wouldn't throw the alox away. Save up a few bottles and send them to a newbie.

Hardcast416taylor
07-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Last push thru I bought was from Midway about a year back. When I asked why the shipping was seemingly too high their operator told me it was because the alox was considered hazardess and so it would cost more to ship! Haven`t bought another one since from anybody.Robert

nagantguy
07-04-2014, 10:31 PM
The alox has use, the entire kit almost always costs less the the sum.of it parts I've bought 3 different 429-.430,just to begal it out to get the size I needed. Last one I was lucky just this week a great guy here had a 430 and 311,for sale for one price fer the pair shipping included I've got a very old 30/30, to get back in fighting form and a new to.me sbh that slugs at 4323 some time in the vice with some 200,grit and I'll have what I need. If his price wasn't so good midway had a set of each fer around $20,a pop with lube and alox, why not?

Beagle333
07-04-2014, 10:32 PM
I know you were trying to avoid buying the whole thing, but for anybody who does want the whole thing.... FSreloading has them all on sale for $16.99 right now. :coffeecom
https://fsreloading.com/manufacturer/lee-precision/lee-lube-sizing-kit/

GLL
07-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the replies ! Cost was not the main consideration.
I have seven already and it just seems a waste to ship a BIG plastic tub and the Alox which I do not use !
The die and punch would fit in a small padded envelope. I was hoping somebody sold just those components I need !
If FS can sell the kit for $16.99 LEE should be able to sell the dies for $15.00 and make even more profit !
You only need so many big red plastic tubs ! ;)

The LEE dies are not the primary way I size. I hone the dies and experiment with just a few gas-checked bullets at a time.

Jerry

bangerjim
07-05-2014, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the replies ! Cost was not the main consideration.
I have seven already and it just seems a waste to ship a BIG plastic tub and the Alox which I do not use !
The die and punch would fit in a small padded envelope. I was hoping somebody sold just those components I need !
If FS can sell the kit for $16.99 LEE should be able to sell the dies for $15.00 and make even more profit !
You only need so many big red plastic tubs ! ;)

The LEE dies are not the primary way I size. I hone the dies and experiment with just a few gas-checked bullets at a time.

Jerry

If you will notice on shipping charges, there is a tier where the costs go up. Adding an ounce or two for the red container and the Alox will not cost you any more. The increments are in multiple pounds. It costs the same to ship 2# as it does 5# from what I have seen. That may vary with various vendors. Some charge a flat fee and other charge by box size and others charge by weight.

You are still better off just buying the whole kit and do what I do.....throw away what you do not want! You can give/sell it to a newbee if you want, but I would not curse a newbee with Alox for anything! Horrible stuff! Even that 45/45/10 gunk. Start him our right with BBDT and powder coating!

banger