PDA

View Full Version : Portland Metro Area

Deliverator
07-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Looking for other loaders in the Portland Metro Area to get together. Always nice to learn the nuances of loading, casting, swaging, etc. the old fashioned way. It is also useful to know what resources are available in the local area for help, advice, or tool sharing. Some of us don't have the space for a lathe, milling machine, and drill press along with our loading machines.

Group buys are also more effective when you buy locally. I know I've been having trouble finding powder in my area (hillsboro). There is always SOME powder, just never the type I'm looking for, or even something that will replace the type I'm looking for! Plenty of 50BMG powder and shotgun powder, but not much else on the shelves these days. So having some people to split hazmat fees with when we order the maximum amount of powder and primers we can would be great!

So anyone interested in getting together to chit chat, share contact information, get to know each other, and share some stories?

HARRYMPOPE
07-03-2014, 01:14 PM
Clark Rifles in Vancouver has Cast Bullet Association Shoots monthly to attend.it is one of the best and most experienced cast bullet groups in the country. These guys aren’t on forums, they don’t have the time as they are too busy shooting<G> Bill Anderson is the match director and holder of a few National records on and off over the years.PM and I’ll get you his number if you want.

Deliverator
07-03-2014, 05:30 PM
That is very helpful HARRYMPOPE. I was hoping more specifically for neighbors and such to turn into friends and neighbors :) I don't shoot competitively at this time, it is rather difficult to get time to drive all the way out to browns camp to shoot regularly. The only full service range in the area is Tri-County and they aren't actively accepting members at this time :(