PDA

View Full Version : Two time miracle.

AR15Buffer
07-02-2014, 04:26 PM
A local buddy called me on Thursday. He was wondering if I could remove a bullet that was stuck in his Uncle's pistol. The pistol was a 357 magnum revolver. I told him to bring it over and I would take a look at it.
When I received it, I noticed a bullet stuck in the barrel approximately 1/2 inch from the crown. The cylinder would not open because there was another unknown object between the barrel and the cylinder. Really could not tell what it was.
After looking at it, I passed the pistol along to a Range Officer that works full time out at the Sheriff's Office where I am employed.
He removed 3 bullets from the barrel. Story is my friend's uncle was boating and had purchased 200 rounds of reloaded ammo from some local reloader. Pulled the trigger, gun goes bang and he hits the tree. Pulls it for the second time and he heard a pop but did not see where the bullet hit. Then fires twice more to see if he can see where the bullets were hitting.
What are the chances that he loaded 2 bad pistol rounds behind the first bad one? I am glad those other two rounds did not have power in them.
This is one reason I do not sale my reloads.
B arnold

David2011
07-02-2014, 04:34 PM
I saw a Ruger barrel that had been milled down the centerline. All 6 bullets were lodged in the barrel and the last round finally caused a bulge.

David

Shiloh
07-02-2014, 11:14 PM
I don't sell reloaded ammo. I do NOT load for anyone else. I have fired others load in their firearms.
This fellow is truly fortunate indeed. His Guardian Angel was working overtime.

Shiloh

twc1964
07-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Darned lucky one lf those rounds weren't a decent full power load. ka boom!

Jack Stanley
07-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Little brother once had an old S&W that his wife ( at the time ) graciously destroyed by doing the same thing to . Shortly after that he stopped buying reloads from whoever was the cheapest , had something to do with not being able to get the same type of barrel a five screw had when it left the factory . One sad boy there ...........................

Jack

osteodoc08
07-03-2014, 01:01 PM
This is an all too common story. Its happened to members here over the years as well.

ukrifleman
07-03-2014, 02:05 PM
As a reloader of 43 years experience, there is only one person I trust, ME!
ukrifleman

dbosman
07-05-2014, 10:21 PM
Been there, done that - to my self.
Working up Very reduced loads for a Security Six. Fortunately Ruger makes very good guns and the boolits were very soft.
Zero recoil wasn't worth the potential problems, worry, and momentary panic.