PDA

View Full Version : Good morning to all...

Taylor
07-02-2014, 07:18 AM
...just returned from Rhode Island,Karen wanted to visit family.Ate lot's of food,full all the time.Them Portuguese ain't afraid to eat.Dug several bushes of quahog's,ate lobster and crab.Discovered Black Rabbit brandy,wish I could get that here.Only one fishing trip,didn't catch anything.

Her brother and cousin took us shooting,cousin has a nice 300 Savage.Told me I get first dibs when he gets ready to sell.Since Karen shoots pistol a lot,she shot her brothers Kimber .45,it really surprised him when she done so well.She has lived in the south for quite awhile you know.I told him it has taken me a long time to get the yankee out of her.(she still won't eat grits though).

Had a pretty good time all in all.Found some pewter at a good price.Spent $8 on about 15 pounds.Bad part---cost me $75 at the airport,overweight bag. Momma wasn't happy! Asked if I would like to take something out? Hell no! Yep,expensive pewter! My bag was searched later.

It's nice being retired,sitting on the back porch,drinking coffee.Need to gt some things done though,before it get's hot.

Sorry guys,no pics.Nothing really exciting enough to require a pic.Now another trip to eastern Ky,brother has some snake skins for me.

marlin39a
07-02-2014, 08:14 AM
I miss my summer trips to Rhode Island for lazy days on the beach and fried clams. That State is the size of the County I live in here in AZ. Brought back memories.

Artful
07-02-2014, 08:51 AM
Guess your going to make some expensive boolit's with that Pewter. Glad your trip worked well for ya.

WILCO
07-02-2014, 08:56 AM
Glad to read of your good trip. Expensive pewter indeed!

osteodoc08
07-02-2014, 09:01 AM
Sounds like a nice trip. Plenty of picture opportunities it sounded like, share em up if you've got em. Without family and god, we have nothing.

Bad Water Bill
07-02-2014, 09:09 AM
NOTE TO SELF

Next time ship the pewter home in a L F R Box.

Much cheaper and no searching of luggage.[smilie=s:

Isn't retirement fun?