PDA

View Full Version : "Odd" Things You Find On the Range

Alan in Vermont
07-01-2014, 10:12 AM
I scavenge the range pretty seriously, anything I find laying about comes home with me. Sometimes the resulting treasures tend to defy explanation.

Recently I came across quite a few 280 Rem cases, which is fairly unusual in itself, not something that is real common around here. I sort by headstamp not really paying much attention to the neck/shoulder areas. It was only when I was putting them away that I happened to notice that most of them were sharp shouldered with the shoulder moved forward but the neck pretty much the same as "regular" 280 brass that was in the same bin.

It seems that someone had a 280 Ackley Improved on the range. That's not a big deal by itself but why would the owner of a wildcat rifle leave their brass on the ground?

Maybe the owner doesn't know his rifle is rechambered to the AI version and was shooting factory R-P loads, thereby fireforming them without realizing it?

There has to be some sort of story behind these.

Neat looking cartridge at any rate.

texassako
07-01-2014, 10:46 AM
I find the occasional odd caliber brass and plenty of shotgun slugs that look good enough to be reloaded. I have a little collection of the stranger ones with quite a few different large caliber belted magnums. Strangest one lately was a .223 with the bullet shoved into the case, plastic tip snapped off, primer strike, and a fused lump of powder at the bottom.

Dale in Louisiana
07-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Found a Remington 700 bolt handle (just the handle, no gun, no bolt) and a bunch of blood spatter. Asked at the enxt club meeting. Seems a member has a rep for 'hot' handloads. apparently one got a little TOO hot.

dale in Louisiana

Big Boomer
07-01-2014, 11:58 AM
My son brought back from either Ft. Hood, Tx. or Fort Sill, Ok., a 5.56 round that he pulled the trigger on in a M16 but nothing happened except for some smoke from the receiver. He ejected the round but noted where it fell to the ground. He acted as though he picked up the ejected round after firing the rest of that magazine, examined it and tossed it. However, he sneaked the round into his pocket and brought it home and gave it to me. The round is still intact except there is no primer ... and no primer flash hole. It sits on a shelf above my reloading bench to remind me to be careful. Big Boomer

country gent
07-01-2014, 12:09 PM
The one I found that really was "interesting" was several 308 7.62 X51 cases with no neckshyoulder left on them. Just a nica straight walled rimless case. A coule weeks later a gentleman was at the club shooting a garand. We were talkiing and I noticed a few of the odd cases. Turned out the gararand was a 308 navey model. It ad been converted with thelittle sleeve in the chamber, which after years of use had pulled out with a case on extraction. He was firing 308 in an 06 chamber.

petroid
07-01-2014, 01:37 PM
Alan, it could be that someone didn't realize they were regular 280s. My FIL accidentally shot a box full of 300 Win Mag in a 300 Wby Mag rifle. He couldn't figure out why he couldn't hit the target. As well, an off duty PO that was there couldn't either. I found the empties in the bed of his pickup and and he said they were 300 Wby Mag. I said why does the case say 300 Win Mag? He chuckled and spilled the beans...

Uncle R.
07-01-2014, 01:59 PM
I was working as a shooter of customers' rifles during our club's sight-in-days several years ago. For obvious reasons we're VERY careful about checking ammo headstamps and barrel markings, as well as watching for signs of reloaded ammo. I was handed a model 94 .32 Special along with a handful of factory .30-30 cartridges. When I pointed out the "mistake" to the customer he said he knew the rifle was a .32 Special but he always shot .30-30 ammo because he could get it cheap at Wal-Mart. "That .32 Special ammo you have to buy at a gun store and it costs over a dollar a shot." It seems his brother-in-law had told him the .30-30 ammo was perfectly safe to fire (which it was) and apparently he didn't require much in the way of accuracy.
<
Uncle R.

Billairgun
07-01-2014, 04:19 PM
I was the first person at the range on a sunday morning and found a Kimber pistol case, loaded mag and holster sitting on a bench. The only other thing I've found other than brass and empty ammo boxes (I check the trash for them to use for reloads) was a pair of sunglasses.

JeffinNZ
07-01-2014, 06:10 PM
How about a 4 inch segment of a rifled 12 gauge barrel? Found it in the rubbish bin. Where the rest of the gun was I can't say.

DHurtig
07-01-2014, 06:21 PM
Found a box for a Sears lawn mower. All paperwork, bag and discharge chute were in the box. This was at a public shooting area and the box was down next to the embankment that people use for a backstop. I thought maybe someone was going to use it for a target, but there were no holes in it.

nagantguy
07-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Not necessarily a find but odd non the less at a public range years and years ago I saw an older vent having trouble with a rifle, It was a ruger m77 with that English/international type stock that goes all the way to the muzzle sorta musket like. Anyhow he said its the strangest thing the ammo just keeps misfiring. It was a 222 rem mag and he was attempting to shot .22 mag out of it. It was a box of Remington .22 mags and he thought because they both said Remington and had the number 2, it was all good. For any MI boys this is at the DNR range on Woodberry road in shiawassiee county where the old guys in the range tower were know for turning off their hearing aids and going to sleep in the air-conditioning.

GOPHER SLAYER
07-01-2014, 08:09 PM
I was shooting late in the day at a private range I belonged to. There was one other shooter there but he was many benches from me. I saw him leave but paid little attention to what he took with him. While I was leaving I saw that the man had left his M1 and box of ammo. We had no range master but there was a man who lived in a trailer rent free if he would keep people away who didn't belong there. I gave him the rifle and it was returned to the owner. I can't call that shooter absent minded or forgetful since I did the same thing a few years ago. I had been shooting my '03 target rifle and after arriving home I realized I had left it at the range. This was a public range so I called the range master and he said, I have been waiting for your call. I have also left ear muffs, lens caps, cleaning rods. cross sticks, [ black powder match] and breach seating device.

destrux
07-01-2014, 08:55 PM
I didn't really find it so much as I happened upon it... some guys were at the public range and they had a bunch of gallon milk jugs lined up in a trough, but instead of them being full of plain water.... they were filling them with water soaked tampons and water soaked disposable diapers. Yeah, a little weird. I didn't ask, but I think their thoughts were "cheap ballistics gel".

Deliverator
07-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Found a 500 S&W magnum case the first day they were on the shelves at the range. I was like "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD WHAT IS THIS?!" Went home, looked up the .500 magnum and was impressed more with the firearm than the person shooting it due to the built in compensators and such. Though I was impressed by the willingness to drop such a large chunk of change on a brand new model at full retail+ hehe.

One day I also found the butt end of a rifle stock sitting next to a tree that had a rifle shaped chunk of tree bark missing. Looked like someone decided they didn't like their rifle one day and broke it across a tree trunk. I can't imagine another way this could "accidentally" happen. Maybe someone got tired of someone shooting down range while they were changing targets, took it, and broke it so they wouldn't get shot in the *** by some idiot.

Reaper
07-03-2014, 05:59 PM
A case of 9mm Black Talons. Still have a couple of boxes left.

fatelk
07-03-2014, 06:06 PM
I once found a chainsaw.

It was down range in some tall grass, right where I left it after cutting some vine maple limbs into tin-can sized targets. It was sporting a shiny new bullet hole from where some idiot (me) accidentally shot it. It still works though.

Bullwolf
07-03-2014, 09:03 PM
While working as a reloader at the local shooting range, I was often surprised by the stuff you would find mixed in with the brass sweepings. Once I found half of a smith and Wesson revolver cylinder. I always wondered what happened to the other half, and what the story was behind that one.

We would sweep and gather up all of the range brass, and it would be sorted by caliber, and if it was brass,steel, or aluminum. The useable brass was tumbled, and placed in 55 gallon barrels. Some of it got reloaded, some sold, and some of it was recycled.

You would occasionally find screws (like grip screws for example) and other unidentifiable parts mixed in the range brass. I once found a complete functional 1911 style magazine in a bucket of brass. Another time I found just a 1911 magazine follower. I also saw quite a few different plastic and metal magazine floor plates in the sweepings. I recall finding a 1911 style barrel bushing, and another time a 1911 style recoil spring plug mixed in the brass.

Did you know that you can use a piece of fired 45 ACP brass as a temporary recoil spring plug in a 1911? It's a neat trick to remember.

One of the case sorters, whos job was simply to process and sort range brass kept a white cardboard shoe box by his station. Any time someone dropped a live 38 caliber round, or had a loaded round fall in front of the line, when found he would keep it and throw it in the box. He managed to almost fill that shoe box with a bizarre range of factory and reloaded 38/.357 caliber ammunition. It was quite interesting to see all the different variants. Sometimes you forgot about the oddballs calibers like 38 short colt, 38 SW, or 9mm auto rim. 357 Maximum always stood out because the brass was just so long.

That box contained a little of everything from FMJ, HP's, full and semi-wad cutters, oddball reloads, and other assorted bits of factory ammo. A few of the projectiles were even magnetic, and not just steel case. Steel jacket, or steel cored ammo was prohibited due to damage it did to the ranges metal backstop. This never stopped the occasional idiot from sneaking it in from time to time. When this employee quit, he gave me the whole shoe box of assorted 38 ammo. It was the dirtiest, most diverse, oddball looking collection of .35ish caliber ammo I had ever seen in one place.

I was always surprised at the sheer amount of 22LR that people will just toss on the ground if it does not fire, or if they just don't like the look of it for some reason. Often when someone cleared a gun, the loaded round fell in front of the line and just gets left there, other times they threw live ammo in the trash. I guess I am more thrifty now, but I wish I could go back, pull, and melt down most of those discarded rounds. It was easier to be so casual about things like that when I was loading and testing daily, and I had easy access to so many components, and all the free practice ammo I wanted to use. I think about it often now when buying or scrounging lead.

I also think about all the lead range scrap that we cleaned up and disposed of from the backstops. One of my less pleasant duties was to dress up in the Tyvek suit and booties and respirator, then oil the metal backstop of the range (to keep dust down I suppose?) We would pile up all the range scrap with a square shovel, and transfer it into REALLY heavy 5 gallon buckets. It was a sweaty job, as the paper suits don't really "breathe" at all, and it's just not fun performing that level of exertion while wearing a respirator.

Back then no one seemed all that concerned about the range scrap other than how to get rid of it. I wish I had a bunch of those 5 gallon buckets full of range scrap today.

- Bullwolf

shooterg
07-03-2014, 10:09 PM
Fiberglass ramrod(half of it) about 60 yards downrange, shortly before the early muzzleloader season started.

JeffinNZ
07-03-2014, 11:34 PM
Fiberglass ramrod(half of it) about 60 yards downrange, shortly before the early muzzleloader season started.

Ah yes, the flying ramrod club.

CastingFool
07-03-2014, 11:49 PM
I once found one of those 100 rd plastic CCI box, with about 75 live rounds, half buried in the mud, by a two track. Apparently some hunter lost it. I still have the box, with a few less rounds. The same day, I found a military issue flashlight, half buried in mud, too. I cleaned it up at the edge of a small stream, and on my way out, I turned it in at the guard shack. I had been hunting in a military reservation. The flashlight had a name scribed on it.

.45Cole
07-04-2014, 01:20 AM
Found a Remington 700 bolt handle (just the handle, no gun, no bolt) and a bunch of blood spatter.
Best one!
A little different take, I was shooting on national grassland and saw an older guy (60's) loading a shot up tv into his Buick Regal. The TV was pretty big and the ranger that just left him came driving up to us. After the greetings he said that anyone caught shooting at anything else but paper would be taking it home, and pointed to the poor guy who got a new tv.

GoodOlBoy
07-04-2014, 06:13 AM
I have found all kinds of oddball cases in my time from just obsolete stuff to cases that said one thing on the headstamp and you could look at it and tell that nope that wasn't what it was anymore. I found the little metal sight adjustment tool marked "Colt" that I had to file down slightly to get it to fit my blackhawk. I have found any number of sights, scope pieces, stock pieces, ramrods, etc. I think the oddest thing I ever found though was three chip mccormick 10 round 1911 mags that had been cut and welded into a single LONG magazine. I guess the guy REALLY musta wanted high capacity :p

GoodOlBoy

Mumblypeg
07-04-2014, 06:37 AM
I saw, didn't really find, a toilet at a Forest Service range.... It had the tar shot out of it...... (I hope that doesn't get me scolded by the mods here.) :-(

Hickory
07-04-2014, 07:04 AM
When I was a kid, my dad moved our housetrailer onto the site of a long abandon railroad station. Part of the deal of living there was, he was to make the RxR station disappear.
My dad salvaged as much wood as possible and burned the rest, while raking up the leftover junk, my dad uncovered an old revolver as I was the closest one of the kids working next to him, he examined it then handed it to me and said, "Here you go, now you can shoot some Indians."
Years later I found out it was a Colt 31 caliber pocket pistol.
When I came home from the Air Force a lot of my stuff sort of disapeared, and nobody knew what happened to it.

Mumblypeg
07-04-2014, 07:26 AM
I saw, didn't really find, a toilet at a Forest Service range.... It had the tar shot out of it...... (I hope that doesn't get me scolded by the mods here.) :-(
Well.... I see it did get edited .... I'm a little confused as to why some get edited and others don't. I guess I offend some with my jokes.... Maybe if I had just said the "S" shot out of it, it could have been construed as "stuff" rather than "tar".... I'm just asking..... I didn't spell the word out..... tar doesn't normally go in a toilet....

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-04-2014, 09:09 AM
I was shooting late in the day at a private range I belonged to. There was one other shooter there but he was many benches from me. I saw him leave but paid little attention to what he took with him. While I was leaving I saw that the man had left his M1 and box of ammo. We had no range master but there was a man who lived in a trailer rent free if he would keep people away who didn't belong there. I gave him the rifle and it was returned to the owner. I can't call that shooter absent minded or forgetful since I did the same thing a few years ago. I had been shooting my '03 target rifle and after arriving home I realized I had left it at the range. This was a public range so I called the range master and he said, I have been waiting for your call. I have also left ear muffs, lens caps, cleaning rods. cross sticks, [ black powder match] and breach seating device.

About 15 years ago, The Sibley County Sheriff's department was using our club's private shooting range for qualifications practice. I guess they found a AMT automag III (a 1911 clone, long slide in 30 carbine) laying in a 'open' pistol rug and a mil surp ammo can full of 30 carb ammo, sitting half way down the 100 yd range, in the grass.

Our club is right near the County Line, but in Sibley County. I live in Glencoe (in McLeod County) 5 miles away. Luckily, at that time, our club had very few pistol shooters and I knew them all. When Sibley County called the club president, He gave them my number first.

I was happy to take that call, ...as it was my pistol. Sadly, I didn't even know I left it there or that is was missing from my possession. In fact, I had to check my pistol cabinet to be sure it was missing. I got the call about a week after that shooting session, I was shooting several pistols that day. I guess that is what you call Lucky.
Jon

gmsharps
07-04-2014, 10:36 AM
When I was a bout 14 my cousin and I rode our bikes to the local range and I found a bronze claw hammer head. Still have it today

gmsharps

BrassMagnet
07-04-2014, 11:10 AM
I found a pair of custom race revolvers in a case at the 2007 Winchester World Cup. the match director recognized them and returned them to the owner.
I have left my Kowa spotting scope at the range. More than once! I still have it. It was returned to me every time!

rondog
07-04-2014, 11:31 AM
I was picking up brass one night by flashlight and headlights and found a pair of pissed-off badgers that didn't appreciate me tromping around in their territory. Turned out they lived in a burrow dug into one of the side berms of Range #4. That was interesting. Mighty glad the truck headlights had them blinded and they couldn't see me, but they knew I was there and they let me know it!

ShooterAZ
07-04-2014, 01:52 PM
I once found one of those distance measuring devices with the wheel and shaft. A different time a perfectly good AR15 magazine, another time a steel swinging target on a stand with 3 different size round plates.

fatelk
07-04-2014, 02:11 PM
I was happy to take that call, ...as it was my pistol. Sadly, I didn't even know I left it there or that is was missing from my possession.

That is lucky for sure. Twice I've accidentally left guns behind. A couple decades ago we had been shooting way out in the boonies about an hour away and when I got home I realized the Mini14 was missing. An hour drive back in the dark and it was still leaning against a tree where I'd left it.

A few years ago I had been at the gun club range and was driving home. My wife called my cell phone to say that someone from the club just called the land line to ask if I had just left my Ruger .22 pistol there. Yep, turn around and drive back.

Nowadays I'm much more careful. I make a list of everything I brought and triple check before leaving. You just can't rely on memory.

mjwcaster
07-06-2014, 12:46 AM
Not me but a guy at our club blew up his 38 last year with someone else's reloads.
Blew the cylinder in half and the top strap completely off.
He unofficially maintains the range and is there almost every day, cleaning up.

Just a week or two ago he was cleaning up and found this piece of junk, threw it in his pile.

When he got home and was sorting things out, he noticed the piece and it was his top strap.

Still hasn't found the cylinder half.

Matt

Freischütz
07-06-2014, 06:12 PM
Over the years I found three interesting things on the range:

1. A box of 40 S&W - all fired in a 45's chamber. All were swollen and split. Actually I've seen this several times.
2. A complete Madsen M47 bolt. Turned it in at the range office. Never claimed.
3. A cardboard box sitting by the gate accessing the range. After three days of rain it was still there so I became curious. It contained several thousand primers which were in their original boxes. Interesting way to get rid of unwanted components. If they put a sign on it, it would have been gone within 10 min of range opening.

threewheels
07-06-2014, 06:29 PM
the local security company rents our range and after they left I found 2 cases 00 buckshot , a case and a half of 40 S&W and 3 holsters loaded them up took them home called them up they sent one of their trucks around to pick it up the next week the were looking for a new training instructor

destrux
07-07-2014, 10:20 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if those primers all worked. Did you try them?

I had a neighbor give me several boxes of primers that were soaked and falling apart, stored in a leaky horse barn for decades... and they all worked.

Over the years I found three interesting things on the range:

1. A box of 40 S&W - all fired in a 45's chamber. All were swollen and split. Actually I've seen this several times.
2. A complete Madsen M47 bolt. Turned it in at the range office. Never claimed.
3. A cardboard box sitting by the gate accessing the range. After three days of rain it was still there so I became curious. It contained several thousand primers which were in their original boxes. Interesting way to get rid of unwanted components. If they put a sign on it, it would have been gone within 10 min of range opening.

gray wolf
07-08-2014, 12:51 PM
Not something I found, BUT, Some day -- someone -- will go to a range and find an old Skeleton of a man.
It will be wearing a T-shirt that says Gray Wolf on the front, and on the back it will say:
Just one more shot.

colt 357
07-08-2014, 05:57 PM
My son and I when looking for brass and getting lead have found everything but a gun. including a kitchen sink. I found 2 swiss army knifes, a percussion cap holder. a new 4 pound hammer and we have a jar full of assorted live ammo found on the range. picked up over 500 rounds of 22lr with no primer strike over one summer came in handy this year as its hard to find 22's here. they all fired free 22's

bruce drake
07-08-2014, 06:18 PM
threewheels...try walking downrange on a training area after being told that your sister platoon has been locked down for missing gear during a night helo training operation.. Found a M60 Machinegun barrel down in the mud along a creek in some sawgrass after about 6 hours of beating trail looking for the thing. Was the most popular guy in the company for a couple of days after that trip to the range.

Now, I just need to find a cache of lead ingots and jugs of Unique powder....

Bullwolf
07-08-2014, 09:24 PM
One morning on my way to the Carson City Nevada range, I found a completely intact car door laying in the dirt by the side of the road on the drive in. The door never even made it all the way into the range, which probably explains why it sill had intact glass, side view mirror, paint, and even the inside door panels and controls. Strangely enough, there wasn't even a single hole in the door. I couldn't guess why it had been removed and left there other than to be used as a target, yet it showed absolutely no damage.

I tossed in the back of the truck and drove it out with me. I took the door to the dumps with my garbage on my next trip.

Many people think the range is a place to just dump their junk for free, this car door didn't even make it all the way to the range. It got just dropped in the dirt by the side of the road on the way in.

I understand the lure of breaking a glass bottle, or even shooting up a TV (heck I've done it too) but the lazy people who leave their messes for someone else to pick up are just trash themselves. I really hate it when people litter up a shooting range.

I am blessed with being able to shoot on my own property. I often have to clean up my own messes, and a few left by friends as well. I think it sucks that people don't treat their own public shooting areas with at least the same respect.

Leaving trash all over the public shooting range is an simple way for us to lose the ability to shoot there. It also makes gun enthusiasts in general look bad.

- Bullwolf

fatelk
07-08-2014, 10:56 PM
picked up over 500 rounds of 22lr with no primer strike over one summer came in handy this year as its hard to find 22's here. they all fired free 22's

I knew I couldn't be the only one with a stash like that; I was just a little cautious about admitting it. Some folks really look down their noses at firing live range pick-up .22 ammo. If they look even questionable I'll pull the slug for the lead, but otherwise they work fine in my old beat up Remington 12A.

kencha
07-09-2014, 10:27 AM
I found a laser boresighter (the kind you stick in the muzzle) about 30yds downrange. The back half was mangled. Surprisingly, the laser still worked.

That had to be an interesting sighting-in session.

squirrelnuttz
07-18-2014, 02:29 AM
I found an old Canadian classic- a fella left a single shot Cooey .22 that had not a bit of blueing and a fair bit of surface rust on the bench.Returned to local sports shop that handles range memberships.Found a brand new Redhead wooden boxed cleaning kit, left it on the bench where found.Someone had to want it back.Or someone else just scooped it...

scaevola
07-18-2014, 11:14 AM
Beginning of the last panic when .22 was impossible to find somebody dumped most of a box of .22 shorts and left them. Who knows why, maybe they wouldn't cycle a semi-auto?

I picked them all up, looked 'em over (clean), and put them in my Marlin M39. First time I ever put shorts in it and it worked great.

Rich/WIS
07-19-2014, 12:47 PM
Found all sorts of stuff over the years; pistol mags, brass, M1 clips, ammo, metal target frames and of course brass. Found a Lohman Sight Vise and a spinner target for rimfire in the trash cans, a Swingline stapler and any number of broken 22 cal cleaning rods. The rods were nice as the handle section was fine and made good pistol rods, and since they all seemed to come from Walmart I have assembled several full rods from parts. On the other hand I leave stuff, twice left my spotting scope (guys there know me and I got it back), left a set of earmuffs (next week a youngster there with his dad was wearing them, he offered to return them but told him if he would wear them he could keep them). Just last week left my pipe, picked it up this week. Had a family drive off and leave another 22 spinner target, turned it over to the range guys but no one came back to claim it. One thing I noticed is how many targets in the trash have only one or two holes, and how many are the type with repair pasters in the corners. I paste the good ones and save the extra pasters for my targets.

Freischütz
07-19-2014, 07:45 PM
I had to pour the water out of the boxes to dry them out. Almost all fired.

I wouldn't be surprised if those primers all worked. Did you try them?

I had a neighbor give me several boxes of primers that were soaked and falling apart, stored in a leaky horse barn for decades... and they all worked.

TXGunNut
07-19-2014, 07:57 PM
I'm a little odd, can be found at the range almost every weekend. ;-)

JSnover
07-20-2014, 08:04 AM
A store-bought turkey carcass, only a little bit shot-up. Whatever the reason, they could have at least tossed it into the woods afterwards, instead of leaving it by the bench.

lightman
07-20-2014, 08:55 AM
I've found scope lens caps, a few scope adjustment caps and a staple gun. Also a few odd magazines over the years.

I've also found 308 cases shot in '06 chambers, 300wm cases shot in 300 wby chambers, 223/5.56 cases mostly separated and bent in half, loaded 223/5.56 cases stuck in the top half of separated 223/5.56 cases, and the occasional too hot handloaded case with the prrimer and even part of the case head missing. And lots of 9mm cases split all the way from the rim to the case mouth after being fired in a loose smg chamber.

Also all kinds of trash that never should have be brought to the range, shot up and left. Some people are trashy.

jcwit
07-20-2014, 09:29 AM
Found a couple of diamond rings once, knew they belonged to a Probation Officer who had been practicing in that lane. Not wishing to get in trouble I had a meeting at our local indoor range and informed two other board members about the find who were police officers. One of them took care of returning them to the owner.

No idea what the actual value was tho.

Just Duke
07-20-2014, 09:29 AM
I found new girlfriends and future father in laws a couple times at the range.

btroj
07-20-2014, 09:39 AM
Well hell DuKe, if I knew you we re looking for Father in Laws at the range I would have left you one. He is an experienced caster and a member here.

If you are interested in another one, let me know. I'm sure we can negotiate a price.....

Just Duke
07-20-2014, 09:43 AM
Well hell DuKe, if I knew you we re looking for Father in Laws at the range I would have left you one. He is an experienced caster and a member here.

If you are interested in another one, let me know. I'm sure we can negotiate a price.....

I'll trade you a mother in-law for him straight across-ed. Pics of my mother in-law are here on the forum. I'll pay shipping as the she is very large.

btroj
07-20-2014, 09:55 AM
No deal.

I have an awesome mother in law and hate to say it I know it won't ever get better for me.

Have you considered listing her on Craigslist?

Just Duke
07-20-2014, 10:05 AM
No deal.

I have an awesome mother in law and hate to say it I know it won't ever get better for me.

Have you considered listing her on Craigslist?

Please! What if something happens? At least you'll have a spare. I'll throw in wheel weights. I also have a spare Dillon 650.

btroj
07-20-2014, 10:21 AM
Duke, your problem is that you are too eager.

When you offer items to sweeten the deal any married man knows the reason.

You need to take the opposite approach. Tell people you don't know if you can do without her. Make her sound better than she is, or even should be.

Does anyone list a used car and mention all the flaws? No, they only promote the high points.

Make sure the deal made on a strictly "as is" basis. No way do you want to be held liable for any flaws or defects.

You need to get some help from a bonafide used car salesman. You know you have the right one if he comes across as overly slick and sleazy.