PDA

View Full Version : Gun Show Report

avogunner
06-29-2014, 09:10 PM
Stopped by the gun show in Fredericksburg, VA this afternoon. Saw a couple of real nice 03A3's but wasn't willing to pay the asking price on either. Plenty of reloading components; primers, bullets, and yes even powder. The available powder however was all rifle stuff and no pistol (Bullseye, Unique, 231, etc.) but one guy did have e3 and extra-lite for the shotgunners but that was about it. I didn't see any items related to casting on any table but if you were in the market for Beef Jerky or cheap jewelry, that was the place to be. Oh yeah, there was plenty of .22 rimfire there.....PLENTY! Of course, they were asking $65-70 a brick and for those tables, I would just move on and wouldn't even look at anything else they had (express my disapproval with my wallet). Anyway, a disappointing day.

Semper Fi.

Spruce
06-29-2014, 09:18 PM
Thanks avogunner for the area gunshow report. I have not made that show yet, but sounds like I haven't missed any thing either.

500MAG
06-29-2014, 09:18 PM
I have not been to a show since this whole mess started and probably will stay away for a lot longer. I have the feeling these guys are gonna have to finally drop their prices drastically when more people walk on by.

troyboy
06-29-2014, 09:21 PM
Last show in Hampton had no powder. Waiting for the next Richmond show. Always lots of Jerky and non gun stuff. Still enjoy looking at all the firearms and whatnot. Never know what you might find.

375supermag
06-30-2014, 07:15 PM
Hi...
My son and I went to a gun show in York, Pa on Saturday.
Primers were plentiful, only handgun powder I saw was some RedDot and BlueDot for $27.99/lb. I have several pounds of each, so I passed.

I have been looking for a .22lr handgun for target shooting and squirrel hunting. I have been torn between a Ruger SA or a S&W DA, but couldn't find one at a price that I thought reasonable.
I solved that dilemma on Saturday by putting a deposit on a Dan Wesson .22lr revolver (blued). It has a bit of holster wear, but it has not been mistreated and the bore is mirror bright. Cost is $475...worth it to me.

This is my 3rd Dan revolver. I arranged to pay it off and do the transfer next Tuesday.

Can't wait to get it to the range...I have a pretty extensive assortment of .22 ammunition, so I will be able to test several different bullet styles and velocity ratings.

My son is pretty happy about it...mostly because he knows it will eventually be his.

bbs70
06-30-2014, 07:24 PM
I went to the gun show in Belleville, Il last Saturday.
Same story as Avogunner reported.
Vendors were saying they wish the weather was hotter or was raining so people would come to the show and bring money.
Maybe they'll get the idea and lower some of their prices to a reasonable amount.
I saw a Vietnam era U.S. steel helmet with liner at one table they wanted $110.00 for it, I had to take several second looks to make sure I read it right.

Huskerguy
06-30-2014, 07:25 PM
That is a good price for the Dan in the 22. I have a 15-2, 6" vent and love it. Always looking for more.

375supermag
06-30-2014, 07:37 PM
That is a good price for the Dan in the 22. I have a 15-2, 6" vent and love it. Always looking for more.
I didn't measure the barrel, but it is a vent rib.
If it shoots as well as my .44Mag Dan Wesson, I will be a very happy camper. Squirrels this fall...not so much...

Petrol & Powder
06-30-2014, 07:50 PM
I haven't attended a gun show in the couple of months but that sounds about right. Thank you for not paying stupid prices and thank you for the report. The price/supply equation will eventually balance and when it does, a lot of folks are going to have a lot of expensive inventory that they cannot sell at a profit.

A few things I noticed at the last show; lots of primers, lots of new handguns, very few used guns, .22 rimfire at high prices, very little brass and no pistol/shotgun powder. I think the market for handguns has slowed to the point they can't sell new ones. People are holding onto old guns and the hording of powder continues.