PDA

View Full Version : Sorted through my .308 brass

fastfire
06-28-2014, 12:42 AM
Sorted through 3 gallons of .308 brass Have a lot of PPU,PMC CBC and never have used these head stamps before.
Has anyone had any issues with these?

Grump
06-28-2014, 01:09 AM
PMC has always been good for me.

PPU just sounds too strange for me to trust. Too much gutter humor in my life. Have some, maybe 100-ish in .223 and/or 9mm but ran out of powder (9mm) or bullets (.223) before I could get to either.

CBC in .45 and 9mm has been good too.

357maximum
06-28-2014, 01:34 AM
I have never personally seen any issue with any of the brass you have listed....I say use it. The PPU brass I had in 7.65X53 was just plain awesome and I never babied it like I should have in my old argentine 91 action. PMC is according to some a bit soft in 357MAG...I have never seen this trait myself however, MY 44mag CBC brass is just plain good brass......USE it all and be MERRY.

zuke
06-28-2014, 05:56 AM
Only CBC I've found up here is berdan primed.

CastingFool
06-28-2014, 07:29 AM
When I started reloading 45 acp brass, I got some PMC brass. Flash hole was off center, so it was a pain you know where to deprime. Won't use PMC again. JMO.

Safeshot
06-28-2014, 10:56 AM
I like all of the headstamps that you mentioned. PMC (good stuff) was at one time "Korean" it may still be. PPU and NNY also good and seem to be more available now. CBC has been good for me when I can find any. I cannot think of any boxer primed commercial brass that do not like if I can get any of it. If it completes the resizing, trimming, bullet seating and crimping (if done), the brass is "good to go". The number of reloads you can get from it will tell you "how good it is". I do not use ANY aluminum or steel rifle cartridge cases to reload even if it is "boxer primed". If you "do not like it" or just "do not want to use it", you can always send it to me. I will and do use it without hesitation. Its great that you have it. Safeshot

Hannibal
06-28-2014, 09:15 PM
CBC brass HAS to be full-length sized EVERY time or it will NOT extract without extreme force/methods from my Savage .308. Care to guess how I learned this ? It went in the scrap brass bucket. Only brass i've ever had a problem with.

dakotashooter2
06-29-2014, 12:53 AM
I sorted through some 45 brass I bought a while back and had 4-5 head stamps I never heard of before. I just sort into batches and whatever is left that isn't enough for batch in itself gets put into my mixed pile and is used for shooting where I probably won't be able to retrieve my brass.