PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk.

fred2892
06-27-2014, 02:44 PM
Since my eldest son decided to drag me into the 21st century by gifting me both a smart phone and a tablet, I now find myself very rarely using a home computer. On these devices I use the tapatalk app to access castboolits. There are a couple of glitches tho'. On the swapping and selling sub forum I cannot access the vendors alley. Can anyone else using tapatalk check to see if they can access it and if so suggest any settings I may need to change.
Thanks
Fred

gkainz
06-27-2014, 03:45 PM
yeah - I don't see it via tapatalk, either.

bangerjim
06-27-2014, 05:03 PM
What is the advantage of using it? Explain it to me.

I have an iPhone and iPad and the website you are looking at right now works fast and is perfect!!!!! With WIFI/3G/4G, things happen pretty fast!

banger

280Ackley
06-27-2014, 05:33 PM
I've been using tapatalk for several years now. I also have problems in the commercial section of the forum. I have never been able to resolve them. Other than that it's a great app.

fred2892
06-27-2014, 06:02 PM
What is the advantage of using it? Explain it to me.

I have an iPhone and iPad and the website you are looking at right now works fast and is perfect!!!!! With WIFI/3G/4G, things happen pretty fast!

banger

That's just it. I'm not looking at the website you're looking at. I'm looking at one that's been optimised for the mobile market. The great advantage with tapatalk is that it gathers all your favourite forums under one roof so to speak. For example, using tapatalk I am linked instantly to all my accounts with castboolits, gunboards, marlin owners, mosin nagant.net etc, etc. I get instant notification pop ups from any thread I am subscribed to on any of the forums. I must admit for the first couple of months owning smart technology I too visited forums using a browser, but once I discovered this app there was no looking back. You would notice the biggest difference on the smaller phone screen. You see only the thread posts, there is no advertising, no flowery borders, just words and pictures. It really is streets ahead. Try it, you may surprise yourself.

Usual disclaimer, no personal etc etc with the company.

bangerjim
06-27-2014, 06:08 PM
This is the only forum site I use and I like the layout......even on my iPhone. I get instant response and with my coverage, it works everywhere!

Glad you guys have something you like but I cannot see absolutely any usefulness to me.

bangerjim

dragon813gt
06-27-2014, 07:06 PM
The vendor section and prepper section is not viewable through Tapatalk. I asked about this when they came about and forget the answer I was given. But suffice to say it's always going to be this way. You have to view them through a web browser.

As far as Talatalk's usefulness goes. If you visit multiple forums it's indispensable. Not having to zoom in and out all the time, view all the clutter like signatures and ads is great. The app is not for everyone. But for frequent forum users there is nothing better.

I've been having issues w/ quotes lately. They don't display properly. I actually see the raw bracketed (quote)blah blah blah(/quote). But I'm on an extremely old build and it's this way on every forum. I've had to many issues w/ TapaTalk crashing all the time that once I had a stable build that worked on my phone I stopped upgrading. I even have the .ipa backed up so I can reinstall this version if necessary.

Bullfrog
06-28-2014, 06:50 AM
Could be the accent :) Sorry I could not help myself on an early Saturday morn. Always a good thing to see others across the pond on here.