PDA

View Full Version : Mineral oil...more than a laxative?

Lead melter
01-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Has anyone done any work using mineral oil as an additive to lube recipes? I know it sure does lube up the old colon. Yes, experience speaking. You'll try anything that helps if you ever get a bad case of the 'roids!!!!:oops:

sundog
01-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Lead melter, since coming home from colon surgery last week, two of the things on my 'to-do' list from the surgeon are Metamucil twice daily and mineral oil before bed. Yeppers, it do lube things very well. It has helped make the healing process much easier, if you get my drift.

Looks like I will not need all that big bottle, so the rest will go in my lube making kit. I use it instead of baby oil as it is thicker. Either of those two oils, along with castor, make the base for FWFL.

Morgan Astorbilt
01-19-2008, 11:15 AM
I use it to lube my sharpening stones, I also mixed it 4-1 with pure silicone oil (when Brownells sold it), to wipe my guns down with(sparingly). It's just a super purified oil, that will mix with water to make "emulsified oil and water", used for dormant plant sprays, and machine tool coolant.
Morgan

VTDW
01-19-2008, 11:50 AM
IIRC it is one of the ingredients in Felix Lube. I don't have any other explanation for having a bottle in my shop.:mrgreen:

Dave

Crosshair
01-19-2008, 02:40 PM
I used it as a additive to reduce corrosion back when I was experimenting with water cooling my computer. Had the cooling system connected to a dehumidifier to take the water below room temperature. Worked well, but I managed to blow out two motherboards as I couldn't quite solve the condensation problem. :redneck:

454PB
01-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Way back when I started casting, I worked with a guy that made his own boolit lube. He gave me his recipe, and I used it successfully for many years: 1 lb. beeswax, 1 pound parafin wax, 1 pint of mineral oil, and 1 ounce of Hoppes bore solvent.