PDA

View Full Version : Range options in the LA area

Comrade Mike
06-25-2014, 09:50 PM
I've been living in Marina Del Rey for about 5 weeks now far away from my loading bench and bullet throwers. I was wondering if there were any members in my area with recommendations on where I could get a rental and shoot a little bit on a free weekend, I'm having serious withdrawal ;)

Duckiller
06-26-2014, 02:09 AM
There is an indoor range near you. Manchester and the 405 frwy from memory and I CRS. Never have been to this range. There is a range in the SanGabriel valley that rents guns and sells you expensive ammo. Believe the name is La Puente Firing Range. 60 Frwy east of the 605 frwy to Hacienda blvd ,northto valley blvd then east for1 mile +/-. Both should be in phone books. I do not believe outdoor ranges rent guns. Three ranges that Ican think of off hand are 1) Newhall near where the 5 and 210 frwys come together, 2) 210Frwy and Little Tujunga Canyon road. and 3) Burro Canyon 210 Frwy in san gabriel valley North on Azusa canyon roadto above the second dam, right for about 1/2 mile . Turn left at the sign. I know burro is quite busy on weekends.

Valley Forge
06-26-2014, 03:00 AM
http://www.oaktreegunclub.com/

Oak Tree Gun Club is the outdoor range where the 210 & 5 meet. You can rent guns there and they are open into the evening with everything from handgun to shotgun. For my money, a much better choice than LAX range and well worth the drive.

HeavyMetal
06-26-2014, 10:18 AM
Oak Tree is closest to you but map it out well it is well hidden, LOL! I have visited but never shot there just never had time when I was in the area.

Firing Line had a "chain" going for awhile google them for an indoor location you might get lucky and find one close.

Never been to the Los Angeles shooting range so no comment there, I do know they shoot silly wet there so must be good sized.

La Puente turned me off so fast it wasn't funny, no lead and you can only use his "lead Free" ammo because the state told him that was what he had to do. LIAR! beware if you go here!

Burro Canyon is my range of choice, because it's close to me and the fact I can rent a range for private use ( booked up until October currently) slow during the week very busy week ends.

Has a Bar B Q going week ends for food so a good deal if you can put up with the crowd.

Good luck living in LA it does take some getting used to, LOL!

LeftyDon
06-26-2014, 11:47 AM
"A Place to Shoot" in the foothills off San Francisquito Cyn Road has pistol and rifle ranges out to 400 yds. I think maybe one or two trap machines too. Not much on extra services nor the most pleasant of people (IMHO), but if you need a long rifle range then it's about the only one around. Closer to you is Oak Tree, but it fills up on weekends with clubs shooting trap or skeet. Has a gun shop and sells food. Will do FFL transfers.