PDA

View Full Version : Brass

Freightman
01-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Needed to get some gas for my pickup and I thought I would take what little brass I had to the scrap prossesors> I had 35# and got $54.25 for it so do not leave your brass laying around it is worth money.

Buckshot
01-19-2008, 04:28 AM
...............Hmmmmmm, that's not bad. Our range used to be that if it was on the ground and you wanted it you could have it. Now they have brass buckets for people to put thiers in and use it to pay the guys who help cleanup on Mondays. That's a worthwhile use. If it was otherwise I'd be down there on the pistol line sweeping up 9mm :-)

.................Buckshot

bobthewelder
01-19-2008, 04:35 AM
Yea, 9mm and .40 are the predominent choice at our local indoor. I sort his brass and clean and decap/size in trade for all .45 brass. More guys need to shoot .45, my time has gotta be worth something? I see double the 9mm and .40 and even Super .38 than I do .45. Darn shame. My trap lead is free, as is range time, but here my time is worth something as i do all the maintenance and upkeep on the range in trade. All in all, we have a great bartering agreement.

toecutter
01-19-2008, 06:16 AM
Sounds like what you really need bob is a better way to sort brass. The only problem with .40/9mm and .45 is that they tend to nest within one another, which can make them a real pain to deal with. Most of the things I've seen for sorting brass like this will have a set of rails with different sized openings. This will be on a slight angle, and have some kind of vibrating motor. Except for the nesting problem this may be a solid solution for you and pretty easy to make. I won't go into the eccentricities of sorting .38/.357, but it's a PITA.

bobthewelder
01-19-2008, 12:30 PM
The easiest part is the steel stuff, big magnet solved that problem. 9mm, .380, and 9x19 Makarov are a pain too.

JeffinNZ
01-19-2008, 05:04 PM
I pick up all the centrefire (soon to be rimfire too) at my range.

Last weekend I turned 9kg of brass into 20kg of wheel weight at the local scrap yard. Seemed like a fair swamp.