PDA

View Full Version : Pink Flamingo hunt!

ebner glocken
06-22-2014, 04:07 PM
Well guys it ain't done with cast but really wasn't sure what subforum to put this in so here goes. These things was loaded up with 10oz of explosive and that was a plenty! Hope yall enjoy. They're hard to kill taking several rounds out of a .308 to kill them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVnsz4Jxq1I&feature=youtu.be

Ebner

alrighty
06-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Sweet , I hate those pests.Nice lawn by the way!

s mac
06-22-2014, 04:54 PM
When does the season open on these? Bag limit?

Bullshop Junior
06-22-2014, 05:24 PM
You didn't pick up your brass!

DeanWinchester
06-22-2014, 05:55 PM
2 failures in only 12 rounds? Kind of disappointing. I would expect better from an M14/M1A type rifle.
Maybe he needs to send it to GoodSteel for a tune up and while he's at it, he could rebarrel it to .358 Win, maybe he wouldn't need to hit 'em so many times to get the binary to go off.

Gunnut 45/454
06-22-2014, 06:45 PM
What ammo were you using- what ever it was shucked big time- gee let me guess -wolf steel cased!:-o

CastingFool
06-22-2014, 07:00 PM
You didn't pick up your brass!

I noticed that, too! He wasn't a very good shot either!

ebner glocken
06-22-2014, 07:11 PM
To answer questions.....
1. The brass was picked up later.
2. That was the first time that gun has seen the light of day in a couple of years, it was bone dry and had FTE twice.
3. There was a 10 oz bottle of binary in each one. The birds were hit every shot, just not the bottle inside. If the entire bird was full I wouldn't be standing that close.
4. The brass was LC with 43.5 grains of varget behind a sierra 168 MK. It was what I had on hand for nothing more than a "fun vid". I'm pretty sure the cheapest stuff from walmart would have sufficed.

Anyhoo I just thought yall would enjoy a stupid fun vid.

Ebner

StratsMan
06-22-2014, 07:12 PM
Well Ebner, it looks like you had more fun yesterday than I had !!! I have too many neighbors around to shoot the PF's here... Pro'lly get me in some trouble here, so if you need help eradicating those Pinky's then let me know... I'm just a couple hours away....

MBTcustom
06-22-2014, 07:14 PM
Let me show you fellers how to do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EayO8z7pvcA

DeanWinchester
06-22-2014, 07:49 PM
Git 'er Dun!!!!!!!

500MAG
06-22-2014, 07:58 PM
Them flamingos are tuff.

quilbilly
06-22-2014, 10:17 PM
Your camouflage needs a little work. Maybe some pink spandex would fool 'em

Finster101
06-22-2014, 10:26 PM
Oh man! You are just trying to get me in trouble. I live in SUCH a target rich environment!

runfiverun
06-22-2014, 10:41 PM
years back I was duck hunting the shores of the great salt lake when a big ol' bird come swooping in and landed next to my great heron decoy.
turned out to be a flamingo the only one I have ever seen in the wild.
it escaped from a local bird sanctuary type place and was doing quite well along the shores of the lake, he even flew south for the winter and come back for a couple of years then disappeared.

DeanWinchester
06-22-2014, 10:43 PM
years back I was duck hunting the shores of the great salt lake when a big ol' bird come swooping in and landed next to my great heron decoy.
turned out to be a flamingo the only one I have ever seen in the wild.
it escaped from a local bird sanctuary type place and was doing quite well along the shores of the lake, he even flew south for the winter and come back for a couple of years then disappeared.

Did it taste like chicken?

runfiverun
06-22-2014, 11:34 PM
dunno, but it was eating the brine shrimp [err sea monkey's to the rest of the world] so I figured not.
I thought it was kinda cool to see out there, sometimes it was the only thing I seen all day, so I just let it go about it's business.

Bullshop Junior
06-23-2014, 01:55 PM
To answer questions.....
1. The brass was picked up later.
2. That was the first time that gun has seen the light of day in a couple of years, it was bone dry and had FTE twice.
3. There was a 10 oz bottle of binary in each one. The birds were hit every shot, just not the bottle inside. If the entire bird was full I wouldn't be standing that close.
4. The brass was LC with 43.5 grains of varget behind a sierra 168 MK. It was what I had on hand for nothing more than a "fun vid". I'm pretty sure the cheapest stuff from walmart would have sufficed.

Anyhoo I just thought yall would enjoy a stupid fun vid.

Ebner

I did not not mean any offense by my comment. I said it all in fun.

ebner glocken
06-23-2014, 06:47 PM
:lol: I hardly took any offense at any comments made here. Just answered any questions. No brass was hurt in this production... no feelings hurt here lol...only those pesky plastic flamingos! We'll have to blow some stuff up again another time!

Ebner

MBTcustom
06-23-2014, 09:37 PM
Gotta ask, (and no offence is meant here either) what was going on with that M1A? I've only seen one jam that much once and that was with my horribly disappointing cast boolit loads with the wrong primers.
Ahem
Weekend last.
Other than that, it should run like a top. Something was going on there, and I'm wondering if you had it loaded down real bad?

ebner glocken
06-25-2014, 02:04 PM
Gotta ask, (and no offence is meant here either) what was going on with that M1A? I've only seen one jam that much once and that was with my horribly disappointing cast boolit loads with the wrong primers.
Ahem
Weekend last.
Other than that, it should run like a top. Something was going on there, and I'm wondering if you had it loaded down real bad?
Once again no offence taken here. That rifle was taken out for the first time in a couple of years, the barrel was checked for obstruction. There has been less than 100 rounds fired out of it in its lifetime, it's still pretty tight to say the least, ie not broken in. It was dry as a bone also, yes I know any M1 gun needs lube. There was two failure to eject in 12 rounds. The load was 43.5 grains of varget behind a sierra 168 MK, I wouldn't call that a underload. The rifle just needs a good cleaning, lubing, and have the poop shot out of it. It should get better with age and some wear.

Ebner

popper
06-25-2014, 04:12 PM
I thought the PF were a prohibited species in the 'show me' state. Had a couple show up on the lawn across the street but it's the mayor's yard, can't even paintball them.

Hickok
06-25-2014, 04:59 PM
They brought those dang things over from China, and then when people got tired of them, they just turned 'em loose and now they are everywhere!

Glad you got rid of a couple of 'em!:guntootsmiley:

TCLouis
06-28-2014, 12:49 PM
All I can think about is high velocity plastic shards.

Funny video though.

kweidner
06-28-2014, 12:58 PM
You can say what y want that was funny right there!

Tom_in_AZ
06-29-2014, 01:56 PM
Show 'em who's boss.

Magana559
06-29-2014, 02:56 PM
Choot em

Geraldo
06-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Ebner, you're lucky you're not dead. When hunting game like this target selection is important. You instinctively shot the closer bird thinking it was the more dangerous of the last two. But as you found out, when you dust one close, you lose sight of the one behind. That's the one that always gets you. Shoot smart or the flamingos will get the last laugh.

And Tim, I have lust in my heart for a .358 M1A now...

johnestmon
07-18-2014, 11:22 AM
Sweet vid bro I enjoyed it