PDA

View Full Version : My daughter accepted Jesus tonight

MBTcustom
06-22-2014, 12:43 AM
Best day of my life. I was out in the shop lining up a Kreiger in the lathe and I was explaining to my daughter (5 years old) what the indicators were and how they worked. I was telling her that the indicators always tell the truth, and they never lie, so you must never lie to yourself about what they are telling you. (That's me, always making an object lesson out of work LOL!)
As we watched the indicators shake their fingers at us, and I made adjustments, she started talking to me. At first I thought it was just normal 5 year old babel, but I listened in shock as she started telling me that she needed to be right with God and how she "needed to be on the right track" :shock:

I have never pushed Christianity on her, and never told her that one day she must do this. I did not allow her to take communion with us at church, but explained by telling her that she just wasn't big enough yet.
So it was a bit of a shock to hear her telling me that she was convicted about her sins. Of course, I'm thinking "what could this little girl possibly be convicted over?!?!" Well, she told me that she was tired of lying and disobeying her mother (which hasn't been much of a problem. She's the most well behaved girl I know) and that she was "on the wrong track" and she needed me to "help her get on the right track with God". :shock:
I really could hardly believe my ears, but I told her that when she was ready, she could pray and ask God to come into her heart and help her to get on the right track.
To my shock, she told me that she wanted to do that right away. I told her we could go inside and pray with her mother, and that's what we did.

I still had my reservations about what had just transpired, but she told me that she felt different inside.
Later tonight, I told her to clean her room and clear her bed of barbie dolls, and as I set here in front of my computer, I heard her singing as she worked. She was just making up the words as she went, but what she was saying shocked me. She was singing hymns! Or something like that.
I was writing down some of what she was singing as she sang it.
These are her words verbatim:

"Now I can do the right stuff
Now it's time for the Lord who we trust
Now Lord it is time for me to be blessed
Now I'm found and I get to sing
My time is here to see the Lord
Now it is time for the Lord to come in my heart
The Lord who I trust has saved me........"

That's right in the middle of what she made up on the fly while she was cleaning her room, but she continued on like this for quite a while.
I'm still just blown away by this.
I really don't know what to say, except praise Jesus for ever and ever! Glory hallelujah!!!!!!!

I'm reminded of when I accepted Jesus as an adolescent. Simply amazing.

BNE
06-22-2014, 12:48 AM
Good for her and good for your family. Happy to hear it. I'm sure Jesus was happy to do his part.

shoot-n-lead
06-22-2014, 12:52 AM
The GREATEST thing that can happen.

Congrats!

nagantguy
06-22-2014, 12:53 AM
I've always thought you were a good man, this email is further evidence of such. Not only that you fathered and raised such a child but that you'd take time to post it. God bless you and yours.

jmort
06-22-2014, 01:09 AM
5 years old and convicted. All of Heaven rejoiced with you. Her name written in the Book of Life. You were most Blessed this day.

smoked turkey
06-22-2014, 01:09 AM
Tim that is an awesome thing. I believe, as you that asking Jesus into your life is the most important decision anyone can make. What is so neat about a child doing this is it sets them on the track just as your daughter said. Just think of the "things" in her life that she won't do or try. There is no amount of money, fame, or power on earth that can buy what happened tonight. You are a blessed man indeed. Thank you for sharing.

AlaskanGuy
06-22-2014, 01:14 AM
Wow Tim... Sounds like a party :D... That is soooooo cool.

MBTcustom
06-22-2014, 01:14 AM
Just think of the "things" in her life that she won't do or try.

I don't know about that. Shortly after I accepted Jesus, I proceeded to make the worst mistakes in my life.
But now I have complete confidence that it will all work together for good for her now as it did for me.
I have this overwhelming sense of completeness about my family now.

Charlie Two Tracks
06-22-2014, 06:46 AM
That is great news Tim. Thank you for sharing it.

CastingFool
06-22-2014, 07:06 AM
Tim, that is so uplifting. Thanks for sharing.

jmsj
06-22-2014, 07:19 AM
AWESOME!!
I know how great it is for us as parents when our children choose Jesus over the world.
I was not there for the birth of my daughter but I was there when she was reborn in Christ. What an amazing day.
Congratulations to you and yours.
jmsj

500MAG
06-22-2014, 07:27 AM
Every time I see a new family come into Church on Sunday with young children it brings a lot of joy to me. We are becoming more and more persecuted these days. My youngest daughter is the liaison in "First Priority" in her High School. She is constantly being challenged and teased about her belief in her Savior. I explain to her that the devil will constantly work to try to turn her and she must be prepared to spend her life being challenged. I am so glad to here that another soldier for Christ resides in your household. God Bless.

Wayne Smith
06-22-2014, 07:50 AM
Praise God! She beat me by four years. I was 9. Now get her reading her Bible and Bible literature. Tim, you and your wife are models for us all. She learned the difference between good a evil by watching you - both of you, be good.

Hickok
06-22-2014, 07:56 AM
Jesus said, "Suffer the little children to come unto Me."

Goodsteel, all praise to the Lord!

This says volumes about the Christian household your little girl was raised in, and I commend you brother, and also your wife!

William Yanda
06-22-2014, 08:16 AM
Hey Tim, you're not alone. There's a bakers dozen other guys, and me, and all the residents of heaven rejoicing too.
Bill

RED333
06-22-2014, 08:58 AM
Thank you Lord for another day
Please welcome all who ask for your love

brstevns
06-22-2014, 09:27 AM
The Greatest thing that could ever happen!! God is Good!

Ben
06-22-2014, 09:31 AM
Nothing in her life can compare with this !

Ben

DCP
06-22-2014, 09:33 AM
Tim

The Holy Spirit sure does work in mysterious ways.
It seems to me God was reinforcing your faith through your daughter.
I believe you just witnessed a small little miracle through her.

To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven

Vaya con Dios
Rick

wv109323
06-22-2014, 12:41 PM
I don't think she was too young at all. It was the wife and you setting the example that she realized she had a deficit in her life and it was with God. The Bible tells US that WE need to become like the children to make it to heaven. Your story tells US how we should believe and respond. The angels in heaven are rejoicing.

aspangler
06-22-2014, 01:28 PM
Blessed be the tie that binds us all to Jesus. This is an awesome thing and as has already been said, the angels are rejoicing for another soul that will be in heaven and not in hell. Thank you for sharing and I hope with your permission, I am going to print this and share it with my church tonite. Thank you and Jesus for this.

44minimum
06-22-2014, 01:29 PM
What a blessing it is, for you to witness and be a part of such a special moment with your daughter. And I don't seem to be the only one here that has been uplifted and thankful that you took the time to post this. Reading this kind of made my day.

popper
06-22-2014, 02:14 PM
Wonderful day indeed, now you have your some work ahead of you. I'm just 2 of 4, waiting for the day, still working on it. haven't given up on Mom yet.

Love Life
06-22-2014, 02:23 PM
Fantastic news!!

MBTcustom
06-22-2014, 02:30 PM
This morning in church Natalie took her first communion. At our church, they pass a plates with the sacraments. When the bread came by I told her "This is the Body of Christ broken for your sins take and eat." and she did.
Then the wine came and I told her "this is the Blood of Christ poured out for our sins. Take and drink" and she did.
I barely got the words out.
She asked me why I was crying. I just held her and kissed her forehead.

Nothing else matters to me gents. This is what I am about, and how I live. I am a man of foundations. I would rather pitch a tent on a granite slab than sleep in a palace built on the sand. Up until this morning I didn't know if my daughter was on rock or on sand, but that has been laid to rest.
I know she's going to mess up (heck, I mess up occasionally myself) but now it means something.

Ya'll have a nice day. Everything in the world is perfect over here.

skeettx
06-22-2014, 02:33 PM
Yeeee Hawww
Another for the Kingdom
and a Fathers heart and a fathers heart happy!!
Well done, well done
Amen
Mike

p.s.
John 3:18
18 "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
(NAS)

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-22-2014, 02:45 PM
What a beautiful event.

It's not that different then my testimony, and yes, through the years, I have fell several times, like everyone else, it's our nature, but I do remember that moment in time when the Holy spirit came into my heart,,,and when I did/do fall, that moment comes right back to me and reminds me to ask for help and reset my sites and get my life back in order.
God Bless her.

alrighty
06-22-2014, 03:08 PM
Wonderful news and thank you for allowing us to rejoice with your family.

Old Scribe
06-22-2014, 06:35 PM
Thank you for sharing, I am rejoicing with you. The good Lord has a plan for her. Blessings to you all.

s mac
06-23-2014, 11:43 AM
Good news indeed. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

mhat
06-25-2014, 10:58 PM
Thanks for sharing this wonderful news with us. Ya'll must be very pround of your young daughter. Praise God.

Mark

Bzcraig
06-25-2014, 11:15 PM
Doggone it got some dust in my eye or something! Phil 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

square butte
06-26-2014, 07:48 AM
Grace is a wonderful thing - You are truly blessed.

DLCTEX
06-30-2014, 07:33 AM
Thanks for sharing Tim. You are a blessed man.

Down South
07-04-2014, 11:28 PM
"Now I can do the right stuff
Now it's time for the Lord who we trust
Now Lord it is time for me to be blessed
Now I'm found and I get to sing
My time is here to see the Lord
Now it is time for the Lord to come in my heart
The Lord who I trust has saved me........"
Tim, those are Psalms. She is singing Psalms. Christians do that. David did a lot of it.

Psalm 96

O sing unto the LORD a new song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth.

Wis. Tom
07-05-2014, 09:33 AM
Giving a praise of glory shout out to the Lord, for you and your daughter. Now, if you aren't already doing this, start intense prayer, for guidance from the Lord, for her future. Petition the Lord daily, for a Godly man to be raised up, that he is raised to be a Godly husband, for your daughter, and they have a marriage bonded to God's word. You, being her father, will have this task of intense prayer, for her future, which will last until her marriage day. Pray that Satan has no rights over your, and Gods, beautiful daughter. What a glorious event. God bless you, and your family.

MBTcustom
07-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Giving a praise of glory shout out to the Lord, for you and your daughter. Now, if you aren't already doing this, start intense prayer, for guidance from the Lord, for her future. Petition the Lord daily, for a Godly man to be raised up, that he is raised to be a Godly husband, for your daughter, and they have a marriage bonded to God's word. You, being her father, will have this task of intense prayer, for her future, which will last until her marriage day. Pray that Satan has no rights over your, and Gods, beautiful daughter. What a glorious event. God bless you, and your family.

Thank you for the advice Tom. I have to admit that I haven't even thought that far ahead, but what you say makes a world of sense.

Gibbs44
07-05-2014, 02:04 PM
Glad to hear this. Some kids learn by example, good job and God bless.

DeputyDog25
07-14-2014, 10:31 PM
That is wonderful! You know it is amazing what we don't think kids know, when in fact they really do know more than we give them credit for. I have found that children are like sponges, they soak everything up around them be it good or bad, so you need to feel good that she is always seeing the right example set before her. Praise the Lord, the angels are singing and rejoicing in heaven tonight!

nekshot
07-15-2014, 08:25 AM
I rejoice with you, and don't be surprised because a move of God is coming upon this nation yet one more time and it is happening with the children and youth!!!

Down South
07-16-2014, 10:04 PM
I rejoice with you, and don't be surprised because a move of God is coming upon this nation yet one more time and it is happening with the children and youth!!!
I pray that you are correct. We need Revival in this country worse than ever.

Messy bear
07-19-2014, 04:27 PM
great story! heaven DID notice! isnt it great to know (according to scripture) that we can know our eternal destination? thanks for posting.

Wasalmonslayer
08-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Good morning everyone.
Goodsteels daughter story made my heart very warm this Sunday before church so I thought I would tell my sons story.
I have been so busy I have not had a lot of time to cruise some of the sections I like to and seen this one.
I have a son who is 5 yrs old and a church sports camp accepted The Lord into his heart this summer.
His exact words to me this fine summer day were.
I had voices in my head telling me to do bad things and he needed lord Jesus to help him over come those things so he could be a good boy!
I will tell you that when your 5 year old tells you that you could be pushed over with a goose down feather!
Praise The Lord he is working in the little ones. The poor world is going to need all the godly people it can get. And the good lord is making em one at a time.

Thanks for for sharing your stories
wasalmonslayer

skeettx
08-17-2014, 02:17 PM
Thank you
God is Good !

joelsteinbach
08-20-2014, 11:07 PM
That is a wonderful blessing

.22-10-45
08-28-2014, 01:13 AM
Praise the LORD! Tim, I'll never forget the night I accepted the Lord when I was 16 years old. Isn't it wonderful and amazing how God speaks our very OWN language..I'll give you an example. For most of my working life I had been a Toolmaker at a GM plant that mostly manufactured small component parts. We seldom if ever were required to make an opposite part (left & right)..then I transfered to a plant directly associated with building tooling for auto bodies...Everything had a left & right! Hot job came in..had to be shipped out ASAP I machined up parts to print and next day was going to machine holes (The holes were only thing that made them opposit to one another...only I failed to notice there was a L. & R...would have scrapped out parts next day!). That night as I was sleeping..a voice came into my head..nothing like Charlten Heston..just a normal male voice..." Tim...Those details your making...There's a left & right". I sat right up in bed and exclamed.."My GOD THATS RIGHT!". Next day I made a beeline to my bench..and sure enough..print called out a left & right! But the amazing thing is he could of said "those parts, or "that job...but no...he used our everyday toolroom jargon...'Those details. He truly does hold us in the palm of his hand. God Bless.

dlbarr
09-03-2014, 12:44 AM
Goodsteel, it delights my heart to hear of your precious daughter's turn to Christ. What a blessing to know our children are safe in the Lord and seeking Him!!

Andy
10-10-2014, 11:17 PM
Praise God for this, the fact that he can make a 5 year old talk like that and think like that is proof of his power. She is very blessed to be a real believer at such an early age.

johnson1942
10-13-2014, 02:32 PM
what a wonderful thing to post. what great joy. i have seven children and they all have their names wrote in the lambs book of life. the youngest who is 15 now used to sit on the deck and talk to our two pets tom cats about jesus, and they would listen. my son who is 38 years old is a minister and have a big gosple preaching church at denver. i get tears when i thing of your daughter and her faith, thanks for the post.

buckwheatpaul
10-13-2014, 08:54 PM
Your story made my heart soar....great story and very heart warming.....God is jumpin' for JOY!

308w
10-13-2014, 09:01 PM
Thank you for sharing, Jesus is truly the only answer, God Bless

histed
10-17-2014, 09:29 PM
So, I have a new sister! Best news I've heard all week. Just said a prayer for her - and you & mom. God keep you faithful parents and all of you faithful servants.

DCM
10-28-2014, 10:12 PM
Brings tears of joy to my eyes. VERY good to hear Tim.

spotsboss
12-14-2014, 01:40 PM
"My son was dead, but now he is alive again! He was lost, but now he is found! So they began to celebrate. "

sniper
12-17-2014, 11:30 AM
A beautiful experience!

MBTcustom
10-25-2015, 08:51 PM
I would like to post once more here.
Today, I baptized my daughter in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I personally lowered her into the water, and I enjoyed the best and most Holy vantage point as she emerged victorious.
Before going to church, I took her to breakfast at Shipleys. I had a breakfast sandwich, and she had a pink donut. We prayed over the food and then we shared our meals trading bites till she ate the last of mine and I ate the last of hers. We were together all morning until the baptism was complete.

I resist the temptation to feel as though I have somehow fulfilled the most sacred duty of being a father, because I know (and my wife agrees) that once the commitment to the Lord is made, the journey becomes difficult. I will redouble my efforts to teach her right from wrong and equip her with the strength to make the right choices.
Regardless, this is one of the best days of my life, and certainly the best day of my life as a father so I won't diminish it with the knowledge of future trouble.
One of the best parts of the day was when we returned to the sanctuary, my father shook my hand and told me I had done very well.

I was not born into a life of riches and honor, but today I am certainly more wealthy than any man I know.

Boaz
10-25-2015, 10:49 PM
Today, I baptized my daughter in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I personally lowered her into the water, and I enjoyed the best and most Holy vantage point as she emerged victorious.
Before going to church, I took her to breakfast at Shipleys. I had a breakfast sandwich, and she had a pink donut. We prayed over the food and then we shared our meals trading bites till she ate the last of mine and I ate the last of hers. We were together all morning until the baptism was complete.

I resist the temptation to feel as though I have somehow fulfilled the most sacred duty of being a father, because I know (and my wife agrees) that once the commitment to the Lord is made, the journey becomes difficult. I will redouble my efforts to teach her right from wrong and equip her with the strength to make the right choices.
Regardless, this is one of the best days of my life, and certainly the best day of my life as a father so I won't diminish it with the knowledge of future trouble.
One of the best parts of the day was when we returned to the sanctuary, my father shook my hand and told me I had done very well.

I was not born into a life of riches and honor, but today I am certainly more wealthy than any man I know.

That you are sir ! The news of your child committing her life to the LORD stirs me , I am happy for your family . The path is long and winding , up hill and down but with the support and love you provide , she will find her way . Thank you for the good news !

1989toddm
10-28-2015, 09:16 PM

Brought me to tears as did your OP. I have a daughter almost 2 and a 2week old son. Life is getting real. The struggles draw us closer to HIM, but man are they hard.
Tim I am truly happy for you and your family. Keep close to Jesus: the real strength and wisdom you can pass on to your daughter.

DEC505
10-29-2015, 09:23 AM
All of a sudden while reading this tears started flowing. Thank you for sharing. If I don't get to meet you on this earth,I look forward to seeing you in Heaven. Derrell

1989toddm
10-29-2015, 10:12 AM
If I don't get to meet you on this earth,I look forward to seeing you in Heaven. Derrell

I'll second this!!

MBTcustom
10-29-2015, 10:26 AM
I look forward to it gents! Hopefully my daughter will be there too but as a great woman of God rather than a small child. I cant wait to see what she becomes.