PDA

View Full Version : Laconia bound

jeepyj
06-18-2014, 09:54 PM
As some here know I've got a few passions as much as I love this place I also love to ride my cycle. Tomorrow my son and I will take the Harley's to Laconia for a little ride should end up being around 600 miles by this time tomorrow night. Hopefully there will some interesting things to see.
Jeepyj

DougGuy
06-18-2014, 10:02 PM
Laconia was a h00t! Had a great time there in 2000 at the rally. We were in our rooms off the beaten path and you could tell when the girls were showin 'em, cause the crowds were getting really loud and that wave of catcalls and noise would follow along with the bike they were on.

jeepyj
06-18-2014, 10:12 PM
The boy is a couple weeks shy of 21 I'm sure he'll be quite interested in some of the sites!:shock: :shock: :shock:
jeepyj

Laconia was a h00t! Had a great time there in 2000 at the rally. We were in our rooms off the beaten path and you could tell when the girls were showin 'em, cause the crowds were getting really loud and that wave of catcalls and noise would follow along with the bike they were on.

WILCO
06-19-2014, 09:56 AM
Let us know if you see a Morgan 3 wheeler:

Doc_Stihl
06-19-2014, 10:20 AM
The bikes have been pouring in.
I miss the good ole days when it was a 24 hour a day party for 4 days straight when it was Bike Weekend. It's now described as a "family event".

I'm headed to North Carolina tomorrow.

Finster101
06-19-2014, 03:06 PM
First time I went was in 96 with a buddy I met here in Fl. He had moved here from the Philly area and he and his friends had been going for years. We rode up met the guys in Philly and had one heck of a time. Stayed a little out of town at a place called Gunstock I think. You'll have to excuse me if some of those memories are a little foggy. A very different mindset back then.

jeepyj
06-20-2014, 03:41 PM
Well we made it! We went 492 miles yesterday. We seen some pretty cool stuff and also seen some stuff I wish we wouldn't have. A lot of seriously nice iron that's for sure The weather couldn't have been better for a cycle ride. I'm Heading to check out an action shoot in the morning as I've never been to one.
Jeepyj

jonp
06-22-2014, 08:08 AM
Been there a couple of times. I lived a few hours north and road down with my sweetie. It was fun. Were the cops doing the decible test and did HA have booths lining the roads as usual?

Finster101
06-23-2014, 10:02 AM
From what I hear the cops have gotten terrible the last few years. It all started a few years ago with in way in and one way out. I'm not blaming the cops, they are just responding to complaints by residents. One's that I'm sure do not depend on the income generated during the event.

rbertalotto
06-23-2014, 03:07 PM
I run a huge rally during Laconia Bike Week, just up the road a piece......The Yankee Beemers Pemi River Rally. Lots of camping and a big whole pig roast! Sorry you missed it. Next year!

jeepyj
06-23-2014, 09:26 PM
Other than the local officers checking for inspection stickers (I watched two get written and another one parked in a handicap space) they were pretty mellow. I was a bit surprised how many HA booths were there from different areas. I use it for a nice long ride and to people watch for a day. We don't get to wrapped up in the whole thing just a good way to put 500+/- on the bike and take a day off from work.
jeepyj

Been there a couple of times. I lived a few hours north and road down with my sweetie. It was fun. Were the cops doing the decible test and did HA have booths lining the roads as usual?

Mike in TX
06-24-2014, 05:18 AM
I lived in Laconia for 7 years and the old Biker's weekend was a hoot. Yes, I joined in the fun and pranks. I miss the old Laconia, not the present city. I'm glad you had a good ride.