PDA

View Full Version : Need insight from Bi-pap, C-pap users.

wallenba
06-18-2014, 03:33 PM
I had my fourth sleep study in six years last week. Yesterday, I took my Bi-pap machine to my medical device supplier ( required by my insurance co.) for a prescribed pressure change. I was at 12 over 6, not that high, and comfortable, and I was having no difficulties. They re-set it at 16 over 12. I got NO sleep last night. The exhalation pressure is now set at what used to be the inhalation pressure. The inhalation pressure of 16 is not the problem, the exhalation pressure of 12 is. I can't seem to exhale forcefully enough to overcome that, it's fatiguing.
I called the doc, he's not in. Receptionist sent him messages, he's not responded yet. It will soon be too late to take it back to Wright And Fillipis for a re-set. I'm going to have to attempt to set it myself, as I can't lose another night of sleep. I feel like c#%p today, and I know if I do it myself my insurance company will have a hissy fit.
I found a couple of videos on line of how to do it, but not for my exact model (Respironics BiPap Auto M series, which is a discontinued model). They did not include this level of instructions with the device.
Any help from other users, or techs would be appreciated. Thanks, sleepy.

R.M.
06-18-2014, 05:28 PM
Keep Googling, it'll be there someplace.

fastfire
06-18-2014, 08:45 PM
http://www.cpaptalk.com/CPAP-Sleep-Apnea-Forum.html?sid=5520e8f150baff2dae661ddbb8510dd4

Someone here can help, good luck