PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a bit smug untill.

Vulcan Bob
06-17-2014, 11:27 PM
Hi there everybody! Was out to the range last week sending some lead back to the earth with a few handguns in .44 Special and .45 Colt. Good accuracy out of both and when I got home and clean up commenced, no bore leading at all as usual. Got to feeling a bit smug about my boolit casting ability and such and then it really hit me. Here I was standing on the shoulders of giants! When I got back into boolit casting about a year and a half ago I read everything I could lay my hands on (Information on this subject in the internet age is really something!) came to this site and with the help of the fine members here I really got a great head start and continuing help was and is greatly appreciated! Not feeling so smug anymore and I do realize that there is a lot more to learn.

It may be a bit sappy but I would like to thank everyone here for all the help!

MtGun44
06-18-2014, 01:33 AM
Be smug, to a certain degree. You are now one of a small, elite, trained group
that knows how to extract superb performance from very simple tools, using
skills and methods won through hard work and collaboration of many members.
Information given willingly for the benefit of friends that most of us have never
met.

Well done, sir.

Bill

Bzcraig
06-18-2014, 01:40 AM
Well said Bill!

Charlie Two Tracks
06-18-2014, 05:54 AM
You've helped me more than you know Bill. Thanks again.
Kind of amazing isn't it Vulcan Bob.

**oneshot**
06-18-2014, 06:38 AM
It's like being too "full of yourself" to read the instruction manual and taking days to do what should be done in a few hours.

Thin Man
06-18-2014, 08:19 AM
This almost sounds like the comment someone made about their parents years ago. When they were young, the parents knew nothing. As they grew older, they increasingly discovered how smart their parents were. The lesson learned is that the longer a hang around here the more humble I become.

Thin Man

Jayhawkhuntclub
06-18-2014, 10:49 AM
This sight is awesome. Lot of people willing to help.

blikseme300
06-18-2014, 04:19 PM
Be smug, to a certain degree. You are now one of a small, elite, trained group
that knows how to extract superb performance from very simple tools, using
skills and methods won through hard work and collaboration of many members.
Information given willingly for the benefit of friends that most of us have never
met.

Well done, sir.

Bill

Well stated, Bill.