PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Oklahoma

LAH
01-17-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm traveling to Miami, Ok for Thanksgiving in '08. I want to hunt something while there. Miami is in the very NE corner of the state so Ks & Mo can also be on the list. I've been to this area twice before but never hunted. I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks,
Creeker

Murphy
01-18-2008, 12:05 AM
Creeker,

Thanksgiving always falls in the same week as 'regular gun' season in Oklahoma. I'm not sure of out of state license/tags prices though.

If whitetails aren't on the list of what you would like to hunt, then there are several small game seasons running at the same time.

I don't think Oklahoma has the 2008 hunting seasons listed just yet, but should be sometime in the near future. Will just have to keep checking.

Best wishes,

Murphy

LAH
01-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks Murphy. I was thinking deer for sure. I haven't check on a license yet. Just looking for some feed back. I know a couple of land owners around Miami but would be willing to drive an hour or so to hunt.

gon2shoot
02-12-2008, 09:03 PM
There's a nifty little bar two blocks off main street......:roll:

There are some real good areas just south of Miami if you have someone who knows the area.

LAH
02-13-2008, 09:51 AM
There's a nifty little bar two blocks off main street......:roll:

There are some real good areas just south of Miami if you have someone who knows the area.

Thanks for the info. I'll ask Barbara's Dad if he knows anyone down that way........Creeker

gon2shoot
02-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Just checked with a buddy that lives at Fairland, he's working out of state but said small deer are "hip deep" there. good luck.

LAH
02-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Just checked with a buddy that lives at Fairland, he's working out of state but said small deer are "hip deep" there. good luck.

Thanks again........Creeker

chinewalk
02-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Here were the 2007-2008 Non-resident license costs (so you can save up!)

Non-resident Hunting - $137.00
Non-resident deer gun tag (Antlered) - $201.00
Non-resident deer gun tag (antlerless) - $201.00
Non-resident deer gun tag - $251.00
(1 Antlered/1 antlerless)

You can check out http://www.wildlifedepartment.com to see current prices and regulations.

These are usually posted around May or June.

I'm about 100 miles south of Miami and our deer hunting is pretty good.

Ed

LAH
02-26-2008, 09:37 AM
Ed, thanks for your help. I look forward to coming again to Miami. I've been there twice and enjoyed each trip though it was summer time. Can't wait to see fall...........Creeker

chinewalk
02-26-2008, 03:02 PM
No problem. Good hunting to you!

Ed

DLCTEX
02-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Oolagah lake has public hunting around it, and was pretty good when I lived there in the 80's. That is about an hour West of Miami. There is some very good hunting on public land around the Government Ammo plant area south near McAllister. There is quiet a bit of public hunting in Oklahoma, as opposed to Texas where most is private. Check with the wildlife people for info.I used to live on the East side of Lake Oolagah and hunted the public land there. Dale

LAH
02-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks Dale, I'll check it out...........Creeker