PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Lub-e-matic parts

michiganflyer
01-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Does anyone know if the o-ring on the main plunger is just a plain oring?
This is the oring that is between two metal washer looking things with a threaded hole in the middle in the main plunger housing. So when you turn the handle this sticks between the sides of the housing, and pushes down the lube. Mine is older, and has gotten worse and worse, now you can't really get the lube to move down the pipe so to speak and into the bullet chamber. If anyone knows where I can get this part, or even if I can get an oring at a hardware that would be very helpful. This is getting frustrating. I looked on Midway's site, but they don't show parts. I also looked on RCBS' site, and they don't show the luber.
THanks,
Ron

NVcurmudgeon
01-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Phone RCBS using their 800 number. They will probably send you a lifetime supply of the proper O ring no charge.

crowbeaner
01-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Just call RCBS and they will send you a new one free. That's why they have the best warranty in the business. Even the call is free. CB.

zipdog
01-16-2008, 11:18 PM
I had the same problem and one phone call resulted in not only the o-ring but the whole plunger as well.

utk
01-17-2008, 05:33 AM
Download the instructions with parts list and an exploded drawing for both the old and the current version of the LAM's

http://www.rcbs.com/general/downloads.aspx#prod

kenjuudo
01-17-2008, 08:19 AM
Local hardware store, size 211... 13/16" id x 11/16" od. 1/8" thick.

jim

jonk
01-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Just a regular O ring, yes. I replaced mine when I got it used off ebay as the old one was torn.

The ratchet handle on the top is more problematic. Mine was missing and RCBS is flat out. So I used a regular wrench but it is a pain when it has to clear the handle.

NVcurmudgeon
01-17-2008, 12:41 PM
Just a regular O ring, yes. I replaced mine when I got it used off ebay as the old one was torn.

The ratchet handle on the top is more problematic. Mine was missing and RCBS is flat out. So I used a regular wrench but it is a pain when it has to clear the handle.

Is the RCBS ratchet wrench like the one Lyman uses? If so it's a common Chapman racheting box wrench, like they include in their screwdriver sets.

jonk
01-17-2008, 04:21 PM
It may be; I don't know the lyman one. Off the top of my head I think it is like a 1/8" or 1/16" 6 sided affair.

I'd use a regular socket wrench on it but the end of the rod is stripped. It is ok further down but a socket won't go down far enough to get to that. At some point I may have to weld a nut of equal size on to the end of the rod.

Scrounger
01-17-2008, 04:33 PM
I don't know about Lyman but the Chapman wrench worked on the RCBS I had and also the old Lyman. I sold several of them to guys here and I haven't heard anybody say they didn't work. They are cheap, about $3 each but shipping kills you if you order just one. That's how I ended up with surplus. But they're all gone now.

NVcurmudgeon
01-17-2008, 05:27 PM
It may be; I don't know the lyman one. Off the top of my head I think it is like a 1/8" or 1/16" 6 sided affair.

I'd use a regular socket wrench on it but the end of the rod is stripped. It is ok further down but a socket won't go down far enough to get to that. At some point I may have to weld a nut of equal size on to the end of the rod.

The size is 1/4". My Chapman is marked CM 13, maybe a part number?

HORNET
01-17-2008, 05:59 PM
You can also get real cheap with the 1/4" driver ratchets they include in little tool sets from Family dollar or Dollar General. You get a ratchet and screwdriver bits for about $5 IIRC. Not top quality but available.

Scrounger
01-17-2008, 06:54 PM
http://www.chapmanmfg.com/

michiganflyer
01-17-2008, 10:46 PM
Thank you all.....Called RCBS and they are sending me one. They are an excellent company.
I offered to pay, and they said no charge. That is great, I have had this press 20 years.
RCBS gets very high marks in my book.
Ron

Adam10mm
01-18-2008, 01:16 AM
RBCS and Dillon have my business for life. Both are outstanding companies that stand behind their products, regardless if you bought it used.