PDA

View Full Version : Subscription notice

sparky45
06-12-2014, 05:02 PM
What subscription? Is this something new from the new owner, or is this just notification to those that are vendors or on Team Boolits?

Sparky45

.45Cole
06-12-2014, 05:04 PM
I was just going to post the same thing.

HATCH
06-12-2014, 05:10 PM
Its time to pay up or leave..... LOL

No its just a glitch.

Mine doesn't expire for 3 more months and I see it.

oneokie
06-12-2014, 05:12 PM
It is only for those that are subscribed to TeamBoolits. It is a software/database issue. The site is being worked on now and there will be some issues that show up. Hang loose and give us time to get these issues fixed.

Look on the bright side, the site is still up......................

DeanWinchester
06-12-2014, 05:22 PM
I see it and I don't remember subscribing to anything.

i know one thing, I have a new appreciation for the 'unread posts' function. For some reason it's disappeared and I have to actually go LOOKING for new posts.

bangerjim
06-12-2014, 05:45 PM
Yes............please...............restore the unread posts button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

banger

AlaskanGuy
06-12-2014, 05:55 PM
Yep Jim.... Cant live without my un-read posts button.

In he meantime, if you click on the quick links button, there is a button for just viewing new posts..... Doesn't show private messages, but at least you can keep track of what's going on in the forum...

aG

DeanWinchester
06-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Yep Jim.... Cant live without my un-read posts button.

In he meantime, if you click on the quick links button, there is a button for just viewing new posts..... Doesn't show private messages, but at least you can keep track of what's going on in the forum...

aG

WHEW! Thank you! I didn't know that was there!

*Crisis abated*

sdalcher
06-12-2014, 06:23 PM
Yeah, kind of a shocker! I donated last year to help keep the site going, but was dismayed to see my "subscription" was up in two weeks. Maybe we need to seek out a different hosting service as there have been a lot glitches and errors lately. Not griping but I have experience with other forums and they don't seem to have the same level of problems...

Leslie Sapp
06-12-2014, 06:24 PM
I just figgured that now that we were addicted to the site, No.1 was going to make us all pay up. :-)

lylejb
06-12-2014, 07:04 PM
Well, I figured it was time to pay up (or maybe a little late:oops:)

Glad to do it, as I'm on here way too much, (or not enough. To much is never enough)

If you like this site, and are able, you might think about kicking in a bit. It's well worth it to me.

Beagle333
06-12-2014, 07:40 PM
It's a cyber attack by Brownells.... they got the only banner that's still working! :kidding:

a.squibload
06-12-2014, 08:27 PM
...a lot glitches and errors lately...

Nothing a good salt-water rinse won't fix (leave power on to clean out that
stubborn digital residue).

:kidding:

Blammer
06-12-2014, 08:53 PM
maybe they are organizing the stickies?

Gunload Master
06-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Our forum software was updated, we had to disable plugins to the site before the update just to make sure the update went good. Then we re-enable the plugins to make sure they work well with the new update. During that time things were a little funny, such as the "subscription" notification that everyone saw. All plugins have been re-enabled and no issues are apparent as of right now.

Bad Water Bill
06-13-2014, 04:23 AM
IIRC someone said that Cabelas (banner at bottom) pays the site .02 EACH TIME someone clicks on it.

Once in a while you will find something you just can not live without on their page.

Now if every member clicked even once a day we could send the entire staff on an all expense paid trip each year.:D

starmac
06-13-2014, 12:07 PM
BWB I actually do that when I think about it, every since I found out they pay a couple od cents. lol

I have tried to sign up for the team bullets a couple of times with no luck, never even found uot the cost.

lylejb
06-14-2014, 02:05 AM
BWB I actually do that when I think about it, every since I found out they pay a couple od cents. lol

I have tried to sign up for the team bullets a couple of times with no luck, never even found uot the cost.

There's a link in Willy's sig line above, or in the gray bar at the top of the screen next to chat room is a "team boolits" button, or you can click on the team boolits plank under any team boolits member's name. All three ways take you to the same page.

Once there, you can pick what level of membership you want from the drop down boxes, $10 , $20, or $40 per year.

FISH4BUGS
06-14-2014, 07:22 AM
My problem was trying to renew my sponsor donation. I only got a PayPal option. I sent the PM, and now I know I wasn't crazy after all......technical issues.
I work with computers......although I am an applications guy, I work with the network tekkies all the time. These things happen.....happy to wait until they get sorted out.

TXGunNut
06-14-2014, 12:43 PM
I didn't see the notice but I just renewed a few months ago. FWIW if you're not a subscriber and you have a few bucks lying around it's a worthwhile investment for an active member.