PDA

View Full Version : Grand dads Winchester

doc1876
06-12-2014, 03:01 PM

this is picture for you to enjoy. this is a pic of my son Sgt First Class Lupcho, while he was home from Germany this past week, his daughter, and my grandson by my daughter. The Winchester is MY grand fathers '94 Winchester in .25-35 that he used in the thirties when he went to check on some thing "in the hills" for some reason. It seems that they were thirsty in Kemmerer, Wyo. back then. 5 generations with one gun, not too shabby.

starmac
06-12-2014, 03:36 PM
Check on something. lol It doesn't get much better than that.

FISH4BUGS
06-12-2014, 04:08 PM
When we bought our house, the elderly gentleman that owned it said "...you want a couple of guns that I have had for a long time?" Not to seem too excited, I said sure....I'll take a look.
An old Marlin bolt action 22 and an Iver Johnson Champion single shot 12 ga. He used the 22 to shoot rats and pigeons in the dairy barn, and he said he used to throw cans up in the air in the field and shoot them with the shotgun. He warned me about ".......it kicks like a mule".
He was right.
Nothing like knowing where an old gun came from since it was new.
Keep that Winchester. I think you would be surprised to know what it is worth.

DoubleAdobe
06-12-2014, 05:40 PM

this is picture for you to enjoy. this is a pic of my son Sgt First Class Lupcho, while he was home from Germany this past week, his daughter, and my grandson by my daughter. The Winchester is MY grand fathers '94 Winchester in .25-35 that he used in the thirties when he went to check on some thing "in the hills" for some reason. It seems that they were thirsty in Kemmerer, Wyo. back then. 5 generations with one gun, not too shabby.
Wow, that is so cool.

GOPHER SLAYER
06-12-2014, 06:41 PM
While the rifle has obviously been well taken care of and it shows, what grabs my heart are the absolutely adorable kids. If I had them for a day they would be spoiled rotten.

MtGun44
06-14-2014, 01:57 AM
A few sacks of sugar and corn needed checking, I'd wager.

Nice rifle, great story.

Bill

WILCO
06-14-2014, 09:40 AM

Nice rifle, great story.

Bill

Yeah. What Bill said. :D

doc1876
06-14-2014, 10:41 AM

Nice rifle, great story.

Bill
That would be my understanding..........in 1984 Grandmother said "we made whiskey and wine right there on that table, and that is the last time I will ever talk about it". She never did before or after.

TXGunNut
06-14-2014, 12:17 PM
Looks like a Trapper too, very nice.

264 Win Mag
06-15-2014, 05:49 PM
That is a great story! I am glad I found this thread after you posted on my thread about the 25-35 Win. Your rifle has history behind it even if it doesn't shoot all that well. Thanks for telling all of us. And thank your son for his service too.

Thomas

doc1876
06-15-2014, 09:36 PM
thank you, my son has a link to this site and he will occasionally check it, so again, thank you.

Bad Water Bill
06-16-2014, 01:04 AM
I also have my grandfathers Win 94.

Also have a photo of him holding it when he was a young man and 2 deer hanging behind him.

He purchased the model 94 RIFLE in 38-55 around 1905 and served him faithfully till he drove here from Ca and delivered it to my dad in the mid 60s.

I just wish that old gun could only talk and tell some of the stories about his time as a Texas Ranger.

No It does not shoot that accurately any more but who cares.

That old gun deserves her place hanging on the wall and remembering days gone by.

Glad to see you have a couple more generations waiting in the wings to enjoy that neat Winnie.

doc1876
06-16-2014, 09:25 AM
My grandfather passed in 1946, so I never met him. I have many stories from "Nona" as to how wonderful of a man he was, and from his children as to how great a father he was. I would have loved to have met him. If you are young and have a grandparent around, have them tell you stories of the old days. they are precious, if not tell your grand children about your grandparents what you can.