PDA

View Full Version : Ruger unreal super fast repair time

gray wolf
06-11-2014, 11:07 AM
Ruger unreal super fast repair time.
Last week my GP 100 locked up on me, I was unable to close the cylinder, it would bind half way to closed. The pistol it treated like a baby and never abused in any way.
I took it home and did a total strip down and cleaning. With no parts in the frame but the cylinder and crane it would still not close.
I do not have the tool needed to take the extractor off so I called ruger on Monday and the pistol was picked up on Tuesday afternoon.
They got the pistol on Wed. I got the gun back on Monday, So what ? like two day fix and test fire ?
They get it on Wed. fix and test fire on Thursday and ship out on Friday, I get it Monday all fixed and perfect.
They replaced a two parts in the area I could not get to. I almost fell over when the brown truck showed up on Monday.
I wanted to call them up and tell them: HEY ! you didn't keep it long enough, I hardly missed it, keep it three more days so I feel better. ( but I didn't )

I also had the fiber optic rod break off the front sight on my 44 mag, Williams fire sights front and back that Ruger installed for me on there dime a while ago. Ruger sells the set for $ 64.00
Instead of just sending me a piece of Red rod to fix the front ( easy 5 Min. fix )
They sent me a whole new sight set. All I need is a piece of red fiber optic rod to fix the first set.
Believe it or not the pistol was kinda fun to shoot without the rod in place. The hole from the missing rod was like a tiny front sight peep sight.
Anyway Ruger goes way out at times for a customer, unbelievable at times,
Woo Hoo Ruger.

merlin101
06-11-2014, 11:20 AM
I sent them a MK1 that was made somewhere in the 60's and I bought in the 80's. The gun had a round go off before the bolt was completely closed and blew the mag out ruining it and doing other damage. All I paid for was shipping to them! A BIG thumbs up for them!!

MBTcustom
06-11-2014, 11:30 AM
If all gun companies had customer service like Ruger, there would be no need for gunsmiths, and that's the truth.
I don't work on Ruger pistols....ever. If one comes in, I kick it in the mail. My experience matches yours perfectly. Typically, less than a week turnaround, and some of it has been blatant neglect and extensive repair.
I don't know how they do it, but I guarantee you one thing: I am now a card carrying member of the Ruger fan club.

I don't know if they are the same about rifles, but if you own one of their handguns, this is the level of service you can expect, and why I don't think I will ever own anything other than a Ruger from here on out.
I have had dealings with most of the major name brands dealing with repairs and Ruger is head and shoulders above any other gun company, (heck, any other industry) that I have ever had dealings with.
Ruger spoils their customers rotten, and I love it!
Yep, it's Ruger for me all the way, and I humbly apologize for anything bad I ever said about them before (some board members will remember).
A big tip of the hat to Ruger!

osteodoc08
06-11-2014, 01:24 PM
Ruger has got to be one of the if not THE best in CS. Them and perhaps Dillon.

mold maker
06-11-2014, 01:25 PM
I never needed service since all 9 of mine work perfectly. Glad to know it there though.

Sparky141
06-11-2014, 02:13 PM
Here is my experience with Ruger and Remington on Recent recalls on a rifle from each company .
I just had to send in my new Ruger SR-556 VT for a recall on the trigger and had similar turn aroud from them . They had a box at my house 3 days after I called and registered for the recall . It had an outer box that was just brown cardboard , then a white box inside like the padded box the rifle cme in when I bought it . I called FedEx to come and pick it up at the house . they picked it up at 4pm from my house on Wednesday . The following Tuesday UPS dropped it back off at noon . So they woud have received it on Thursday by noon , worked on it then shipped it out on Monday . Awesome turn around and they included a factory mag with it .

Now for Remingtons long and drawn out recall on a Remington 700 Tactical rifle . I called , registered and received the box 17 days later .It was just the box that it came in ,no outer box , not a good shipping method in my opinion . Luckily my LGS had a shipping sleeve to put the gun box in for the shipment back to Remington. I had to drive it 15 miles to the local UPS Hub to ship it back to them . I received an email from them 15 days after it shipped to notify me that they received my rifle .This was a month ago and my new rifle is still with them . I can go online to check on it and all it says is that it was received .

As compensation they offer you a 40 % off coupon for their 2 online stores . Both of these sites offer overpriced items and there is nothing I will purchase from them . I know my 700 doesn't use mags, but how about a coupon for some ammo I could use .

This will probably be my last Remington rifle/shotgun due to this experience . How hard is it to change out a trigger and send my rifle back to me so I can enjoy shooting it .

At least I received the proper box for my Remington . My buddy has a Remington rifle that is involved in this recall also . We initiated the recall process with in a few days of each other . His box arrived, but is 5" too short for the long barreled rifle he has . They know exactly what rifle he has ,so how did this occur . He is still waiting for the replacement box a month after letting them know it was wrong . Hell with their slow repair/recall service time he may not have it back for hunting season in the fall.

bear67
06-11-2014, 04:41 PM
Keep buying Ruger firearms! I have never had a Ruger fail and I have several and am more than pleased with their products. So pleased that I have about 10% of my portfolio in Strum Ruger. The last bought about 2 years ago has doubled in value in that period. I also own some S&W and it is up 240% in the same time frame. Great company, great guns.

MaryB
06-12-2014, 12:08 AM
HiPoint is also one of the tops for customer service with a no matter what lifetime warranty. Find a pistol buried in the dirt? Send it in and get a like new one back along with a free extra mag. Don't have to be the original owner.

number7tn
06-12-2014, 04:32 AM
I own a hi point and am very happy with it, I did change some springs and now the trigger is great. have also owned rugers and still do , happy with them also. one company I didn't see was rcbs. I have recived parts from them b4 and recently called and ordered more and some was my own fault they messed up and some were parts I didn't even have I needed for some dies , decappin pin n rods and seter plugs and lock nuts, bout a week later they were here and when I ask how much , they said there is no charge. they are a+ im my book.
anyway just had to throw my 2cents worth in (if its worth 2cent)
hope all has a great day and a great weekend coming up.
take care,
GOD BLESS
Darrell

pdawg_shooter
06-12-2014, 08:22 AM
I sent a BH in 45 Colt back to Ruger because the bore was .454 and the cylinder throats varied from .448 to .455. They returned it with a note saying "within specs". Had to fix it myself to keep a customer. Sent a SRH in because the barrel was not clocked right.They fixed that but for some reason the recut the crown. Looked like a beaver chewed it in. Had to lap it smooth. Had a Mk2 that the trigger would no reset. Had to recut the square hole in the trigger disconnect plate to get it to function. Sold a M77 Mk2 in .223 that the firing pin hole in the bolt was so oversized it would extrude primer on factory rounds till the bits of primer in the bolt sheared off would keep the firing pin from falling. Had to replace the bolt and reset the headspace on that one. NOT a Ruger fan! Got so I hated to sell one.

Sparky141
06-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Will add many more Rugers to the collection as money allows .