PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Heard Of....Traffic Wax

Lee
01-16-2008, 01:53 AM
Traffic Wax??? I came across a 5 gallon can of the stuff. Brown color, rather soft, with a very strong solvent smell. I scraped some into a sample can with a wood stick, and the solvent immediately soaked into the stick. Ingredients are listed as;

Paraffin Wax
Carnauba Wax
Stoddard Solvent

I'm thinking this would be VERY similar to JPW. Anyone have any comments or opinions, I'd be most appreciative...............Lee:wink:

randyrat
01-16-2008, 07:52 AM
I think Stoddard solvent is Mineral spirits. I think you have JPW or another version of some good floor wax. I wondered what that other ingredient was in JPW.

Jim
01-16-2008, 08:01 AM
If I understand it correctly, traffic wax is a floor polish intended for high traffic areas like lobbies, entrances, hallways and the like. Grocery stores, high traffic volume stores like wally world and places like that would be using 5 gal. buckets of that kinda' stuff.

felix
01-16-2008, 11:03 AM
Go ahead and play with it, most especially if you can con a quart from an open bucket when the latter is being used for its intended purpose some night. This is how I got a big coke bottle full of water soluble cooling liquid for BP patch use. The problem is showing up at the right time for the folks using the stuff to be freindly, that's all. ... felix

Ricochet
01-16-2008, 12:32 PM
I think if they put it on the roads, it would keep traffic moving. :mrgreen:

calsite
01-16-2008, 02:29 PM
sounds like it's similar to Johnson's Paste Wax